More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 16:39:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Family Relations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family Relations  (Read 32843 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Family Relations
« Reply #100 on: 2006 June 19, 04:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you kidding? That's the SAFE part of town. It's when you get OUTSIDE the capitol district that it goes royally to hell.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 June 19, 06:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Dizzy's breakfast at midnight hack and have never had any problems with it.  Some of my sims like nothing better than chili at 3 a.m.  Dizzy must have been a very good hacker to make something that can work through every expansion without any updates.

I've seen (East coast, USA) a lot of guys wear claddagh rings either as promise or engagement rings.  I surprised my husband with an engagement watch after he gave me my ring Smiley  Maybe the Glamour pack will include jewelry, that was one of the best little details about Hot Date.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 June 19, 13:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you kidding? That's the SAFE part of town. It's when you get OUTSIDE the capitol district that it goes royally to hell.

Um, the Pentagon isn't even in DC -- it's in Arlington VA. Smiley  And as someone who lives across the river from DC, and works downtown at least 2 days a week (telecommute the other 3), and goes to DC frequently for museums, shows, concerts, dinners, etc, I can happily say that in the 20-odd years we've been living here we've never felt threatened (other than on 09/11/01, of course) or been attacked by anyone.  Like any big cities, there are areas to avoid, but you'd have to go looking for them to find them -- they're certainly not in the main parts of town where most normal folks would go.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 June 19, 23:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, the Pentagon isn't even in DC -- it's in Arlington VA. Smiley
Yes, but I couldn't expect YOU to know anything about it. I figured that was a general-purpose joke anyway.

And as someone who lives across the river from DC, and works downtown at least 2 days a week (telecommute the other 3), and goes to DC frequently for museums, shows, concerts, dinners, etc, I can happily say that in the 20-odd years we've been living here we've never felt threatened (other than on 09/11/01, of course) or been attacked by anyone.  Like any big cities, there are areas to avoid, but you'd have to go looking for them to find them -- they're certainly not in the main parts of town where most normal folks would go.
You're kidding? You must have your head buried in the dirt half the time or something. I'm running 2 for 2, just passing through briefly, and have come under fire both times. I figure the "Areas to avoid" mean "the vast majority of it".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 June 20, 01:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're kidding? You must have your head buried in the dirt half the time or something. I'm running 2 for 2, just passing through briefly, and have come under fire both times. I figure the "Areas to avoid" mean "the vast majority of it".

Or you're just a more inviting target than the average person. Smiley  DC is no worse than any other major city when it comes to there being dangerous areas.  For the average person who isn't a drug dealer or gang-banger, you have a better chance of getting hit by a Metro bus crossing the street than you do getting shot at or mugged or assaulted.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 June 20, 01:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you're just a more inviting target than the average person. Smiley  DC is no worse than any other major city when it comes to there being dangerous areas.  For the average person who isn't a drug dealer or gang-banger, you have a better chance of getting hit by a Metro bus crossing the street than you do getting shot at or mugged or assaulted.
All major cities are dangerous, but DC is more so than others. Frankly, I'd feel safer in the middle of Baghdad. At least there, nobody minds if you keep your AK-47 ready, which by itself is a pretty hefty deterrent factor.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 June 21, 00:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Says the man whose state has a smaller population than DC. Smiley
Not that I should talk: my little rez is worse.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 June 21, 00:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel a helluva lot safer in D.C., which I visit very regularly, than driving down the road in Florida. Even factoring D.C. traffic into account.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 June 22, 08:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I remind you, I have never been shot at by a bear.

I feel a helluva lot safer in D.C., which I visit very regularly, than driving down the road in Florida. Even factoring D.C. traffic into account.
that's because roads in Florida have this nasty habit of having been destroyed in the last hurricane of the year, meaning you will not have any warning about when it will dump you into an alligator-filled swamp.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 June 22, 21:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I remind you, I have never been shot at by a bear.

True enough, bears don't (usually) own guns, and I'm sure the bunker has been bear-proofed. The real threats in MT are:
1) crazed "grainers" from Missoula who are out of patchouli and smokes.
2) crazed rich kids near Bozeman who can't ski in June.
3) mosquitoes.
4) frightening people who think trophy homes should have 10-foot windows, flat roofs, and wooden siding in an area known for hail, snow, wind, snow, and fire.
Shall I assume the bunker is safe from all of the above?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: