More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:16:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Now begins a lesson in pain...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Now begins a lesson in pain...  (Read 10673 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Now begins a lesson in pain...
« on: 2006 January 18, 19:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I was inspired by Windy_Moon's and other's posts about sending a whole bunch of sims through Uni all at once.  So I decided to make a second copy of Strangetown.  De-aged the Singles girls, Ajay Loner, Lazlo Curious, and Nervous Subject.  Packed them all up along with Johnny Smith and sent them off to an eight room dorm.

I've never handled a full house before.  Four sims at once is usually my limit.  Five is pushing it but doable.  Eight sims at once should be a learning experience, or as the title of this post suggests, a lesson in pain.

Did some tweaking with SimPE first though.  Lazlo recognizes Lola and Chloe as his sisters now.  He also recognizes Johnny as his nephew.  So nothing weird or "taboo" can happen autonomusly.

Gonna leave Free Will on too.  Maybe they'll half way take care of themselves then.  And they can casue their own drama.  Johnny Smith and Erin Singles keep giving each other friendly hugs.  We can see where that's going...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Now begins a lesson in pain...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 18, 19:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope you will be writing the story about this household-I would love to see what happens with them Smiley

seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 18, 20:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah -sounds like this is gonna be good.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 18, 23:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trepie, 8 sims are indeed a pain in...Smiley. I tried several times to control 8 sims, and failed. Why don't you divide them to 2 households (x4 each), and enjoy the game?  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 19, 00:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the pain is the fun part?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 19, 00:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pain is a sign you're still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 19, 05:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't I know it!

Just keep one finger hovering over the "P" key, and you'll be fine!  As long as their moods are green, they won't miss class!  Why not "ChangeLotZoning", though, and turn the dorm into a residential lot?  You'll still get the dorm cook as long as you don't sell the stove, but it means you can immediately alter anything in the Build Mode that doesn't work well!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 19, 05:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't I know it!

Why not "ChangeLotZoning", though, and turn the dorm into a residential lot?  You'll still get the dorm cook as long as you don't sell the stove, but it means you can immediately alter anything in the Build Mode that doesn't work well!

heh, I just made a new dorm the night before last, thought I would need some special hack to allow me to have the cook if I left it as a residential lot  Roll Eyes  is it ok to change it back with sims living there?  2 are dormies, will they move out?

edit - silly me, I know I should wait till my sims move out, doh!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 19, 08:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 8 in my dorm when you were there with Lilith.  I always play with Free Will on anyway (no drama otherwise), but obviously I had to keep directing you to do simple things like EAT, otherwise you would have expired during one of your endless pillow fights or while you were in the throes of yet again congratulating Lilith on simply being Lilith.  Sometimes I got so fed-up with you (and the other couples sharing the dorm with you) that I simply let you get to starvation point and then have to go to bed without eating.  None of you died, but without the dorm cook you probably would have.  Lilith certainly came close to death at least three times.

I much prefer having 8 in a dorm, it's far more fun.  I just go from one to the other all the time, then I check all the dormies in turn.  I like to know when one is on the verge of dropping dead, hate missing the fun.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 19, 10:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lots of sims in the house is fun! you only have 8 sims who are capable of taking care of themselves (sometimes barely), next time try lots of babies! that'll be a blast! just like what Brynne did with Don Lothario (i hope i haven't remembered it wrong)

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 19, 12:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I just made a new dorm the night before last, thought I would need some special hack to allow me to have the cook if I left it as a residential lot    is it ok to change it back with sims living there?  2 are dormies, will they move out?

If it's residential, the dormies will move out. 

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 19, 13:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks ZZ  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 19, 16:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also a useful trick if you want them to rent an expensive house!  Move them out once the dorm is residential, and they get the full value of the dorm!

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 19, 17:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cheat so much when I have a sim in the dorms.  Not only to I scavenge the other rooms to make sure that my sim has the best of everything, I sell objects that come with the dorm (usually noisy objects- arcade games, tv's, stereos) and use the pocketed cash for clothes or rent for their next abode.

The last time I played Uni I had three houses, two with three people and one with two, and I played them in rotation by semester.  It took forever (and I run sims at uni ragged and use the adjuster to end the semester ASAP) because I got sidetracked by all the drama.  It was also the only stint at uni I actually enjoyed playing out. 
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 20, 00:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I certainly won't fault you for selling the arcade machine and using the money.  That's one of the most annoying contraptions in the game.  And all of the dormies keep flocking to it like moths to a flame.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 20, 01:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's about the only thing the dormies in my game will play (they'll use the dartboard occasionally, but not often).  However, since I don't care if my dormies are having fun, and I do care about my sanity, I sell the arcade machines first thing.

I've yet to see a dormie play a computer game, despite the availability and good repair of the one I usually place in a public area.  My controllable sim, when not rampaging, will play on the computer.  Mind you, dormies are not the sharpest pencils in the box, which might explain it.  And I admit that when their fun score is really low (and they neglect their other needs), I find the results very entertaining.   Grin
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 20, 01:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to see a dormie play a computer game, despite the availability and good repair of the one I usually place in a public area.  My controllable sim, when not rampaging, will play on the computer.

I aged Marsha Bruenig to teen and sent her to my custom university.  She lived in a dorm and was hell bent on breaking into everyone else's rooms and playing on their computers (or, when she came back from class, turning them off*).

*Which reminds me, is that a new thing?  I get so annoyed when my sims want to turn off a computer that is currently in use.  Even if you cancel the action, they throw the fit.  It happens all the freaking time since I got Nightlife.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 20, 02:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I certainly won't fault you for selling the arcade machine and using the money.  That's one of the most annoying contraptions in the game.  And all of the dormies keep flocking to it like moths to a flame.
I like to place it someplace hazardous. Someplace haunted. The results are very entertaining.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 20, 02:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a lot of "new" stuff with NL - like neat sims throwing tantrums because they can't clean the bath that their partner is currently using!

I'm sure when I first had Sims2, that visitors who were friends would play on the computer and likewise when I first installed Uni that dormies would do the same!

Also bugs me that tired visitors won't use the espresso machine like they did in sims1!  Means you need to keep the cheap coffee pot as well as the espresso and remember to fill it!

I always sell fireplaces!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 20, 02:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also bugs me that tired visitors won't use the espresso machine like they did in sims1!  Means you need to keep the cheap coffee pot as well as the espresso and remember to fill it!
The Cheap Coffee Pot is completely ineffectual at replenishing energy, and tired visitors can go piss off and get their free instant energy refreshes at their own place. Just tell them to go away if they want to whine about being tired.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 20, 02:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually do, but there are times you want the visitor to stick around a bit longer.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: