More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:26:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  faceless guy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: faceless guy  (Read 23303 times)
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: faceless guy
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 06, 10:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what caused mine, I hadn't deleted anything he was using (default everything except maybe hair and clothes?)

It did happen in my screwy neighbourhood though...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 06, 19:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a Sim develop Missing Face Syndrome, too ~ gaping hole, not the blue flashing. Since he was just visiting the lot I was playing at the time, I didn't nab him and try the mirror. BUT, when I went to his home lot, he was fine, face and all. I don't sweat things that go away on their own...enough other crap to sweat.

For me, it wasn't an objects.package issue, since that is always marked read-only. It hasn't happened again, so I figure it was just a minor hiccup.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 07, 00:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it happens if you use the Inteenimator?
Lord Almighty.  Is there nothing you people will NOT blame on InTeen here?  I forgot to mention in the release notes that InTeen causes world hunger, pestilence, and kills small puppies.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 07, 01:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Almighty.  Is there nothing you people will NOT blame on InTeen here?  I forgot to mention in the release notes that InTeen causes world hunger, pestilence, and kills small puppies.

Heh. I haven't seen where someone's claimed it does that stuff. Pescado just says it's Non-Awesome.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 07, 01:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a Sim develop Missing Face Syndrome, too ~ gaping hole, not the blue flashing. Since he was just visiting the lot I was playing at the time, I didn't nab him and try the mirror. BUT, when I went to his home lot, he was fine, face and all. I don't sweat things that go away on their own...enough other crap to sweat.

For me, it wasn't an objects.package issue, since that is always marked read-only. It hasn't happened again, so I figure it was just a minor hiccup.

I had a sim walk by a lot, and she did have her face, but she had no hair (Maxis hair too).  However, once I went back to her lot, she had her hair back again!   As you say, minor glitches, perhaps they happen more when you've had the game running a while and memory is getting a bit low?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 07, 02:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess InTeen is just a convenient hack to blame since JM doesn't like it or the InSimenator.  True there has been a few conflicts, but Eric and Jase have always been good about working those out, and I am very happy with them.  I don't actually use InTeen myself anymore, since Woohoo Teens does what I need right now. Smiley

As for the blue face, that has to be a missing texture.  I've never seen it on a sim, but I've seen it a lot on objects, especially after installing Uni when Maxis changed stuff.  When GloamingMerle released his Laverwinkle alien replacement skin, one person had a problem with his alien teen having a green face.  We finally figured out this was because he was using Paradise Sims anatomically correct default replacement skins, which happened to include a default alien replacement as well.  The Paradise alien skin did not include a face for the alien skin since it only changed the body skin to have the anatomical bits, so it fell back to the normal skin tone color.  I share this just in case it might help someone here track down the problem.  I would have never guessed the alien skin was included in the package with the other skin tones, but when I went to the Paradise website, it became clear when it said the first pack contained S1, S2, and alien.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 07, 15:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a teen girl's face turn blue after installing NL. No CC, I just went to change appearance. Though it was late into adulthood when I realised she had no eyebrows...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 07, 15:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a toddler in bodyshop with no hair - not blue, just not there. One of the original Maxis ones. And if you choose that one to attempt to do anything about it, the program crashes.

Unsouper
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 07, 15:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chee-z, do you know where the pirate clothes came from? I have one in the closet, but can't remember for the life of me where I got it!

Hmm..having a faceless guy in the house sounds fun. Makes a wonderful Invisible Man story Cheesy

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 07, 16:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that one of the ones from Chinafan Sims?

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 10, 11:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a blue-flashing face for the first time last night! On the same guy who sometimes shows up as a visitor without a face. So the two are apparently related. As usual, his face returned to normal when I grabbed him with the Mind-Control Mirror and sent him to Change Appearance.

This happened on a first-startup, small lot with only two resident Sims, so it wasn't a memory issue (I have 1.5GB RAM).  Also, he's a Maxis Sim, former NPC...Stepen Gothier. I moved him in as a roommate for an Elder widower some time ago, but the Missing Face bit just started about a month ago. And it's always himHuh
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 23, 13:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it count as "necromancy" if a thread is less than a month old?   Grin

I had the gaping hole manifest itself for the first time yesterday.  John Burb's son Terry, on his transition to a toddler, had no face -- not that it made any difference to the yowling and whining, worse luck.  Exiting without saving and doing the transition over again didn't help.  I unlocked the plastic surgery device and his face was there, so I made no changes.  That didn't work either, so I used it again by carefully twitching his cheeks then setting them back to their original chipmunk proportions.  That fixed the problem.

My objects.package files for all expansions have been set to read-only for months, so who knows what the issue was?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 24, 00:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This usually happens if you age a Maxis-made sim backwards to where the game does not have a face stored for them.  Using a mirror to change appearance usually fixes the problem, at least it has for me.  This forces the game to generate a face.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 24, 00:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's NL related as I had Johnny Smith do the blue face thing way back when and all I had at the time was base game, no hacks, mods, or custom content of any kind. Using the mirror fixed it.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 24, 01:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why my puppie died.  Cry

But seriously, I combine all of the Awesome One's awesomeness, some of TwoJeffs' awesomeness, some of Crammyboy's awesomeness, some of Eric's awesomeness, a little bit of Inge's awesomeness, and some other random crap, and my game works fine.

As for the flashing blue face thing, I had ages a man down to toddler using SimPE, and he had a blue face floating above his head.  I saved and quit and it was normal when I came back.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 24, 02:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a house that had 3 teens all at some point develope "the Matrix" Face! Changing appearance in the mirror fixes it. Not using Inteen or Insim, no aging up or down, but I am using custom default skins (AllenABQ's I think).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 24, 02:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no face.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 24, 03:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, I saw that texture on a baby bed recolor I downloaded once.  I never investigated it, but I figured it was a missing texture.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 24, 05:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I've had that show up on a zecutime chair I downloaded Huh
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 24, 06:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had the "matrix face" show up on Ricky Cormier after I sent him to UNI, when he transitioned from YA to Adult.   Luckily it went away as soon as I moved him into his own place.    (And I was using his default hair and skin, so you can't blame it on CC.)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 24, 09:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the "matrix face" thing happen to one of my sims, born in game, no custom content involved. It was also after transitioning from YA to Adult.

And I had Ricky Cormier get the charred face after transitioning from YA to Adult, he'd been charred before but it had gone away long since.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 24, 11:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured I would work the "Matrix Face" into the story line, in that family instead of getting acne the teens get this really strange skin condition! For all I know it could be related to zits as one of the teens had them and matrix face showed up after I tried toggling off the zits with boolprop.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 05, 07:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now getting this too!! Two of my teen sims all of a sudden don't have any face. I don't use Inteen, Insim, simPE surgery, my object files have always been read only and still are, I didn't age them up or down, I am using Maxis skin and clothes (one of them has custom hair), and I don't have any hacks except, the mind control mirror, JM's, Jeffs and one or two of Crammy's and Inge's. All have been working fine in my game for months, except for the new stuff I installed from Jeff & JM, and I know those are not the problem b/c they have nothing to do with the face mesh. When I went to change their face in the mirror they still didn't have any eyebrows. I had to put thoughs back on too. What could be going on?

« Last Edit: 2006 February 05, 07:33:52 by PlayLives » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 05, 08:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the matrix problem with a few recolours of Maxis stuff, (counters, the overhead long light both spring to mind) although never with any Custom mesh recolours!  Since I ran all my existing downloads through SimPE after installing Uni, and again after installing NL, I don't think it was just because they were base game objects, and since I don't know which files they are I can't get rid of them - the deleting in game option just isn't working (works for that session, but next time I load the game, all my faulty objects are back!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 06, 11:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I went to change their face in the mirror they still didn't have any eyebrows. I had to put thoughs back on too. What could be going on?

Actually, in my 'blue faced Sim' neighbourhood, something (!?) happened that most of my Sims lost their hair and eyebrows.
I hadn't deleted anything, so it was really bizarre to see all these bald browless people, and there was absolutely no way to put eyebrows back on them. I even tried to export them and make new copies, but the new copies will not 'take' eyebrows or hair either.
I blame it on custom eyebrows (though I hadn't deleted any) and try to avoid using them now, even though they're so much better than the Maxis.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: