More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:31:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Live in maid?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Live in maid?  (Read 24212 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: Live in maid?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 30, 05:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually, the way I look at it... you couldn't care less...your current level of non-caring is as far as it goes. You could care less...you don't care as it is, and you could care even less...there's no limit to your non-caring. Both make sense to me.

I see your point...no wait...I don't!  But I suppose I understand your view.  Cheesy
I guess the way I see it, what you're trying to say is, "I care so little right now that there's no way I could care LESS than what I care right now.  There is no lower caring than this."  Whereas, "I could care less" sends out the meaning, "I don't care much obviously, from my sarcastic tone, but I care enough that it is capable for me to care even less than I do now...so I care a little."

The English language is whack, G.

Okay, back on topic!

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 30, 06:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The DMA thing sounded interesting, so I decided to download it and give it a shot. Then, of course, I discovered that you have to register with the site to download which is a level of annoying I am not willing to go through unless the download is something I really want.

I decided to poke through their forums to see if this is really something I want and saw where somebody with a non-working DMA was advised to delete "Pescado's fixes and enhancements" (snotty ironic quotes theirs).  That pretty much told me all I need to know.  This must be one big huge grabby program if I have to delete all my other mods before it will work. 

As it is, I know I like Pescado's mods.  I don't know the same thing about DMA.  I think I'll pass.   

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 30, 10:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have many of Pescado's "fixes and enhancements" in my game, and also many items from Inge, Crammyboy, and TwoJeffs.  I also use the DMA items, and I have no conflicts.  The DMA advice reminds me of Maxis' advice for TS1 problems, especially with the first (and relentlessly evil) release of Hot Date:  every reported problem was blamed on custom content.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 30, 11:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!  After scrolling through, I'm even more confused than ever; not a hard thing to do,  ???So short and sweet would be good, thanks all for the answers and comment.  And by the way, I find that COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT' works best, it's to the point and translatable...

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 30, 14:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What're you confused about? <not good at short and sweet, but gives it a shot>

If you want a live-in-maid, there's two "hacks" set-up for that (that I'm aware of).

Christiuanlov's all-in-ine NPC:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777

This one is also a nanny and may do some other stuff.

Danny's DMA worker's set:
http://valdea.com/

This one has several NPCs in one group (maids, babysitter, janitor) and you call the one you want.

For both, you actually download a created sim and their hacked code makes them behave as intended (live-in, be maids). At times various people have problems with them or don't like the way they work. They're hacks, that's to be expected. <shrug> Read the instructions, try one of them if you like. If it doesn't work for you, take it out again. Maybe try the other.

The third way to get a live-in maid is to create one yourself in CAS. Give him/her a bunch of neat and nice points so she'll clean automatically. Put her in the house where you want a live-in maid (personally I'd direct her to sleep in the bed once, so she knows it's hers) and then use the in-game cheat "Tombstone of L&D" to make her unselectable so all her behavior is autonomous.

So you've got 3 choices. For recommendations, I like the DMA NPCs (Danny and Pescado got some sort of rivalry going here? They seem to be sniping at each other) and haven't tried the other two options but, as always, Your Mileage May Vary. Do what works for you.

Unsouper
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 30, 15:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And by the way, I find that COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT' works best, it's to the point and translatable...

Nicely put.  Cheesy

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 30, 20:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually, the way I look at it... you couldn't care less...your current level of non-caring is as far as it goes. You could care less...you don't care as it is, and you could care even less...there's no limit to your non-caring. Both make sense to me.

I see your point...no wait...I don't!  But I suppose I understand your view.  Cheesy
I guess the way I see it, what you're trying to say is, "I care so little right now that there's no way I could care LESS than what I care right now.  There is no lower caring than this."  Whereas, "I could care less" sends out the meaning, "I don't care much obviously, from my sarcastic tone, but I care enough that it is capable for me to care even less than I do now...so I care a little."

The English language is whack,

Well, this is like the advertising slogan: "Nothing sucks like a Vax".

You can interpret it as "Nothing else sucks as well as a Vax does", or "A Vax is as good at sucking as nothing". Two completely opposite meanings. Likewise, "Nothing works better than Anadin". So you can take Anadin for your headache, or take nothing - as nothing apparently works better Wink.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 31, 00:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I occasionally use 'I could care less' instead of couldn't to be sarcastic. Kind of your classic, old fashioned hyperbole ad absurdum. 'Oh, yes, what you're saying is absolutely important to me, and it is TOTALLY possible that I could care a tiny bit less.'

Not to get off the subject, of course. I know how seldom that happens here.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 31, 03:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the allinone from mod the sims two and it doesnt conflict with any modders on this forum actually I dont think it confilcts with any hack I have from anyone. It does alot of stuff Cleans cooks gardens does the kids homework helps with homework the list is endless it totally does away with all the service sims. and the nanny besides takening care of the kids it does homework and helps with home work too it can teach the toddlers to talk potty train not walk yet though
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 31, 05:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot the best part Meek_Monkey. You can choose which of all of the many choices your Ain1 will do as well as the hours of service, or even if she never leaves at all. Also there is no drama. They do what is expected of them, then stand quietly waiting for something else to need doing. With this you can 'cheat' as much or as little as you want. For sticklers, you can even choose to pay her.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 31, 17:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to this thread-I downloaded this.  It is amazing-A little confusing at first but with some tinkering I figured it out.  I never use maids so none of my maids meet anyone except for Kaylynn because she was pre hired but she was fired on her first day of work.  Well, I Chose assign NPC option and picked a maid--she is there 24/7 and she is in her little french maid outfit.  It is so cool.  I tryed to hire the head male waiter for TriVar and he wouldn't do anything but clean--he arrived in a male maids outfit(disappointing cause I picked him for his outfit).  I knew nothing was wrong with the settings or the kitchen(must be some other setting that I don't know about yet).  I unscheduled him and hired Lucy she went right to work.  The maids will meet more people than anyone because I have them greet everyone.  It will be a bear if I ever make them playable.  They are paid of course-$360 a day.  Too bad they don't get to keep it.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 01, 00:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those of you using the allinone from mod the sims, I really need some help. I went to the link listed above, and read through the almost incomprehensible "instructions," and I'm using that word loosely, and downloaded all the files. I'd really like to know how exactly this thing works, but reading through a 51 page!! thread on it, through multiple revisions in the last 7 months is just not gonna happen.

I tried just running the game, and seeing if I could figure it out, but its not working. Pieces missing available somewhere besides that thread? I don't know.

I can create an NPC. I can move it in. But none of the other things are working. Not to mention, the person didn't start to clean anything, just sat down and started playing video games. No scheduler, no pay option. No NPC that would just come to your house.

I'm very confused. It looks like an awesome solution! but the documentation/instructions make it almost useless if you haven't been following its development since may.

Thanks in advance if anyone can explain it to me.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 01, 00:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

U need to got to preferences and add schedule then the all in one will show up make sure it is during the hours of 6 am and about 8 pm as the all in one wont come. For the nanny painting u need to do the same thing add schedule there is also an option an both the stove and the painting for 24 hours on if the word on is visable the the option is turned off and if the word off the is visable it is turned on.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 01, 01:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to preferences where? What do I click? Is it something to buy in the catalog? I found the tweak thing that looks like an urn, but it has options, but no preferences, and scheduler is not one of the options.

Thanks for trying to help.

Gethane Sims
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 01, 01:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry on the stove or the painting it has it on both and u need to make a nanny too if u use the painting. and the urn is a tweek tool that u can make allinone or the nanny cant remember what else. I aslo forgot the there is heaps of options there if u dont see the schudle on the first bit go to more.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 01, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhhh! thank you. I hadn't purchased the painting, because I didn't need a nanny, and didn't realize the stove WAS the controller. I thought it was just if you wanted the allinone to cook too.

Gethane Sims
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 01, 01:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes u need the stove for the allinone to do anything at all.  Grin Wink Smiley
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 01, 12:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone, downloading now, testing later

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 02, 21:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is only tangentially on topic but this morning a thought sprang to mind of what to do with my permanent platinums. Amazingly, though I've got a handful nearly there, I still haven't made any Permaplats yet.  (I've only had Uni since August, been playing a lot of different families, and also I think I've been afraid that I'd be utterly bored with Permaplats.) Similar to the enslaved grandparents, where grandparents stay at home to take care of kids, my idea is to make a School for Butlers and Maids where only PermaPlats need apply. If they aren't maxed out on Cooking, Cleaning and Mechanical, use the School (preferably with reward objects) to get them up to speed, have special outfits available, and when they're ready, send them to a new household. Yeah they won't be autonomous but the family could use their otherwise wasted Influence points to make the Butlers a bit more independent.

Anyway I think I might set this up, I tend to not want to have major hacks such as all-in-one NPCs but the bigger reason is I need to have a goal for my group of on-the-verge elderly Permaplats...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 11, 03:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I downloaded and am quite happy with the whole scenario, but now I am being bombarded with different error messages and somehow made the headmaster disappear on one of his annoying visits  Roll Eyes

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 11, 07:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must have something conflicting in your hacks. I use the allinone all the time and dont get any error messages unless there is some thing wrong and with the new version I have not had any laterly
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 12, 03:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet another hiccup, I never have had this many problems.  My maid just won't show up now and I did get a message saying she will be there tomorrow.  Have patience with me, I'm rather vulnerable after reading some replies to my last post Embarrassed

Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 12, 04:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you buy the stove or painting at night? If not I find that if I delete the stove or painting and rebuy it it often helps please dont do it at night there will be problems. Maybe you should go here for support http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62777
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 12, 04:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ta Meek Monkey, had a look and reckon I can fix it now..

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 13, 04:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have patience with me, I'm rather vulnerable after reading some replies to my last post Embarrassed

If you are talking about me, I'm sorry.  Kiss
I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything...it's just a peeve.  It was definitely not an attack on your intelligence or speaking capabilities...90% of the people I know say it that way...but it is a peeve!  Cheesy  I compulsively have to explain it...I just can't help it...  Lips sealed

Anyway, back on topic again, I hope you figured out your live-in maid problem.  Keep us updated, as I would like to know how to get one too!  Grin

And again, I profusely apologize for any hurt feelings or wrongdoing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: