More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:02:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Brandi Broke's Third Child??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Brandi Broke's Third Child??  (Read 43590 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Brandi Broke's Third Child??
« Reply #100 on: 2006 January 15, 06:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been editing the Sim's DNA with the TS2 Enhanser and I have come across a lot of"mistakes".  I agree with IgnorantBliss that the Sim children are CAS.  There is no genetical way that Fricorth could be the genetic child to Jennial nnd Kvornan.  I also have found problems with children born into the game.  Misinformation in their genetic make up.  Mortimer and Belle's son(not Alex) said that his Dad had brown hair and his Mom had blonde hair--clearly not right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 January 15, 07:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which explains why Keanu is the odd one out!  Possibly also explains the anomalies as to which Skip Brandi has memories of, and which one has relationships with his family!  However, I do wonder if Skip was the genetic father of Beau and dustin, and they altered Brandi to Blonde for the purpose - it would explain why whe is shown as being a blonde in their genetics file in SE.

Oh what a tangled web they weave, When Maxis practice to deceive!

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 January 15, 08:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been editing the Sim's DNA with the TS2 Enhanser and I have come across a lot of"mistakes".  I agree with IgnorantBliss that the Sim children are CAS.  There is no genetical way that Fricorth could be the genetic child to Jennial nnd Kvornan.  I also have found problems with children born into the game.  Misinformation in their genetic make up.  Mortimer and Belle's son(not Alex) said that his Dad had brown hair and his Mom had blonde hair--clearly not right.

I don't think you can tell from the DNA which hair gene is from the mom and which from the dad. Mortimer has brown hair genes, but the Bella Goth that is in Strangetown has black hair genes, so I can't imagine where that blonde gene came from. Are you sure you're looking at the right lines? Because sims born after installing University have their DNA in a different order.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 January 15, 08:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I shall never ever use simEnhancer again! Brandi is now invisible, and cannot keep a queue of just one instruction!  She is phonable, her file is sitting happily in my Characters folder, she can be summoned with the teleporter shrub and there is at least a plumbob, although the resident Brandi has none!  Her icon is a blank, and her picture when I switch to her doesn't exist!  She has also completely disappeared from the list in SimPE although other family members still have their normal relationships with her!  God knows how I get her back!!!!

(Luckily, I do have a back-up from before I let Simenhancer loose!)  Now, I wonder if I just replace the Family thumbnails file?Huh?  Can't hurt to try!  Can it?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 15, 09:39:43 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 January 15, 11:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed haircolour DNA strangeness with Angela and Lilith Pleasant.  They should show one or the other haircolour genes (logically the recessive one) as black, from Mary Sue, but they don't.  They look like Dan -- I see nothing of Mary Sue in them -- so surely they're Dan's self-pollinations. 

Here are the haircolour strings for both twins:

1 (dtString) 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
268435457 (dtString) 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 January 15, 12:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed haircolour DNA strangeness with Angela and Lilith Pleasant.  They should show one or the other haircolour genes (logically the recessive one) as black, from Mary Sue, but they don't.  They look like Dan -- I see nothing of Mary Sue in them -- so surely they're Dan's self-pollinations. 

Here are the haircolour strings for both twins:

1 (dtString) 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
268435457 (dtString) 00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

The black haircolor could not be a recessive gene when red is the other one.

None of the Pleasantview children have the correct DNA they should from their parents. Lucy Burb is homozygous to brown hair even though her mom has black, and all her inherited skintone genes are S2, even though they should be S1 and S3. Alexander Goth is homozygous to black hair even though Mortimer's genes have brown hair, and Alexander's inherited skintone genes are both S1 even though Bella has darker skin. You can only expect the DNA rules to work for the sims that born after installing the game, really.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 January 15, 12:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see.   Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2006 January 16, 00:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although Dustin & Beau have Skip's DNA only, they definitely ARE the product of both parents, even if they were made in CAS.  I cloned Brandi & Skip and made two sons out of them in CAS.  Although they are not exactly the same as the original, they are as near as makes no difference.  Dustin's thumbnail since becoming an adult is almost identical to his thumbnail in my original game and Beau is remarkably like the original Beau.  Lilith & Angela, however, are nothing like the originals and no matter how many faces I generated in CAS, none of them resembled the originals even slightly.  Lucy Burb isn't much like the original either (I'd say she was prettier).  Cassandra is much prettier (far more like Bella) and Alexander looks very like Mortimer, but better-looking.  He was quite the hottie as a teen, actually.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 January 16, 00:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that's why they made Brandi's DNA "NA" - so only Skip's would affect Dustin and Beau, and probably explains why Keanu is always a bit different at each incarnation!

Still don't see how to get my poor invisible, unclickable Brandi back, though!  Tried replacing the Family Thumbnails, but it didn't make any difference, so I guess I'll have to replace the whole Hood with the Back-up and hope SimEnhancer didn't screw that up too - and then I'll have to grow Lucy up all over again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 January 16, 00:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Brandi has a little male clone as well.

Somewhere here in the thread its mentioned that you don't get these "NL Effects" if you just copy the neighborhood from Program Files.  So, the next time I decided to restart Pleasantview or any of the other neighborhoods, I should just delete the My Documents/EA Games and let the game generate a new one?  (after backing up the Downloads folder of course)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 January 16, 00:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  You can rename your old one to a different number ( I use Oscar's Renamer - someone recommended it here at MATY and it does it pretty easily) so after you've generated the new Pleasantview you can have them all in the same folder.  But I'm not totally sure if the game will generate a new N001 if you already have other hoods.  Best to rename the whole Sims2 folder to something else (for example Sims2 A) then the game will generate a replacement of everything, and you can simply move the Pleasantview hood into the original game and either delete the new Sims2 folder or keep it as a vanilla game for building, renameing it Sims2 Build.  Then rename your game folder to Sims 2, and you should have your new Pleasantview, without losing your old one somewhere among a million files!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 January 16, 01:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used freshly regenerated "my doc" files and started Pleasantview over and Brandi still had a male clone(even with many reloads) but I was able to get Bella back easily so something worked! *laughs* atleast Brandi had a little girl for her 4th kid (after a couple reloads) before she seemed to be stuck giving birth to only males.

Oscar's Renamer works great! I just went thru each folder telling it to "replace" N001 with N005 and clicking "OK" after each folder was done (otherwise it dosen't save as I found out when I kept forgetting to hit "OK"  Roll Eyes ) and wala! I had a new neighborhood out of my customized Pleasantview *laughs* It would've taken less then 5 mins if I had a better memory  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 January 16, 01:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found I actually had to save each set of changes.  But it's still great - I have about four versions of Pleasantview now, and I know I've another I'd like to keep that's in my laptop!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 January 16, 04:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the other thing I've noticed.  I've heard of people resurecting Bella with the Nomitron.  But everytime I make Mortimer, Cassandra, or Alexander call up the Reaper her picture isn't there.  Guess that's something else I'm missing out on by doing things the old fashioned way.

I was able to resurect Skip Broke through the nomitron though.  But quit without saving.  Skip being back doesn't fit into my grand scheme.
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 January 16, 04:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the other thing I've noticed.  I've heard of people resurecting Bella with the Nomitron.  But everytime I make Mortimer, Cassandra, or Alexander call up the Reaper her picture isn't there.  Guess that's something else I'm missing out on by doing things the old fashioned way.

I was able to resurect Skip Broke through the nomitron though.  But quit without saving.  Skip being back doesn't fit into my grand scheme.

You need to bring her back in with the tombstone of Life and Death first.  Exit the lot and Save.  When you go back in, it should say that Bella died on another lot, and her spirit will go back there.  You can resurrect her at that point.  NOTE:  You need Uni for resrect thingie and NL to bring back Bella, Skip, and Darla.

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 January 16, 04:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would assume it has the same effect whether you just delete the Neighborhoods folder or the whole Sims 2 folder. I did the former, and let the game generate new neighborhoods, but Brandi's third son was still a clone. (By the way, just deleting one neighborhood won't regenerate anything, it seems the whole Neighborhoods folder has to be absent.)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 January 16, 04:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought so, but wasn't sure.  Just seems to me that if you don't have a vanilla game, this is the easiest way to get one!  And worth it if you want to build houses to share, or even just for your own games.  That way, you know that whatever you put in the houses bin will be clean!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 January 16, 05:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOTE:  You need Uni for resrect thingie and NL to bring back Bella, Skip, and Darla.
Who is Darla?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2006 January 16, 05:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darleen is ressurectable with Uni only since her tombstone is still there...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 January 16, 13:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, accept the boy she is carrying, then marry her to Don - they had a daughter in my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sarahzsmyl
Asinine Airhead

"Say 'Good night,' Manuel..."

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 January 16, 14:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NOTE:  You need Uni for resrect thingie and NL to bring back Bella, Skip, and Darla.
Who is Darla?

DOH!!!!   I mean Darleen Dreamer.  I have Finding Nemo on the brain.  "First you were like Whoa!  Then we were like WHOAAAA!  Then you were like whoa."

\\\"Science without religion is lame, and religion without science is lame.\\\" --Albert Einstein
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 January 17, 02:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is Darla?

DOH!!!!   I mean Darleen Dreamer.  I have Finding Nemo on the brain.  "First you were like Whoa!  Then we were like WHOAAAA!  Then you were like whoa."
LOL!
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 January 17, 08:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrected Skip first thing when I reinstalled when getting NL and Brandi had a black-haired gray-eyed girl.   She is a cute toddler but I extracted her and looked at her in BS and she isnt good looking as a teen and adult.  I think I might try to clone my original 3rd Broke boy over her.  He may be Brandi's clone but at least he was cute as an adult. 

I looked at everyones DNA and I hate that they have Dna from no where.  At least if Maxis made them in CAS they should have used the "make child button" so that their DNA would be from their parents.  Veronaville seems to be the only hood that was almost done right, and I say almost bc most sims are still missing DNA strands and only the Monty family looks like they were  not done in CAS.

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 January 17, 11:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me that the female Capps who are married still have their own surname!

I just started playing Veronaville properly a few days ago, in previous installations my neighbour's lad has played in that hood, and imagine my surprise when a townie appeared with his name!  (Both first name and surname!  Not even mixed up!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: