More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 10:21:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about Ponds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about Ponds  (Read 11488 times)
Magi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question about Ponds
« on: 2007 June 24, 04:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any simple way to stop how in Seasons the ponds end up being brighter than my lights at night.  It just seems a little strange to me how the pond is once of the brightest things in the whole lot until morning. 
Magi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Question about Ponds
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 24, 22:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 24, 23:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hadn't noticed any bioluminescence in my game. I'll definitely have to drop a pond on someone's yard and take a look.

Keep in mind, I don't have the ability to see the pool reflections yet - that's next graphics card, where I can actually USE shaders.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 25, 15:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't make the ponds deep.  Depth does have an effect on the color, although none of my ponds are as bright as what you describe.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 25, 16:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're not deep enough they won't get fish.  Unfortunately the ponds are unrealistic crap and there seems little that can be done about it.  Niol at MTS2 has been trying to fix them, without much luck so far.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 25, 16:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean this, there is nothing we can do about it.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 25, 17:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use a minimum number of tiles, two deep, then a shallower depth for the remaining tiles, you'll still get fish but less luminance.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 25, 17:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put lights in the pond, then you can pretend it's intentional.  Tongue

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 25, 17:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who likes the bright ponds?

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 25, 17:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I like them too. I think they have a romantic ambiance. 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 25, 19:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I like them too. I think they have a romantic ambiance. 

ditto  Cool
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 25, 19:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a mod from Targas at MTS2 that changes the colour of the water ... not sure if it'll change the glowing...
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 25, 19:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto

Make that a double ditto.  With a bit of whipped cream on the top (same color as the pond light).   Grin
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 25, 19:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's not water but nuclear waste. I think it's a perfectly logical explanation.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 25, 20:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto

Make that a double ditto.  With a bit of whipped cream on the top (same color as the pond light).   Grin
Quadruple-y ditto. A lighted pond, some pretty grid-snapless lilly pads, cat tails, and custom water foliage....yum. Warning: photo below is from TSR, but I've deleted the original so there's not much I can do about it. Plus, hotlinking from them means draining their bandwidth and this makes me happy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 25, 20:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a note. Targa's water hack will change the water alright..to blood red nice and flashy. It is a constant source of problems on the forum I moderate. It is unsupported and needs an update for Seasons  Wink

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 25, 20:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, very nice pond. What did you use for the spray up water fountains in the pond? I like those quite a bit. Also, where are the little yellow flowers in the foreground from? I've been meaning to get some new flowers to add some variety to my yards, but keep forgetting to start looking around. Smiley

Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 25, 21:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

niol over at mts2 had been working with a water modification, but he didn't officially release it yet,  (that I know of), I have it in my downloads folder tho, I'll try to snap some pics of the difference for you and I guess if you want it you can pm him and ask if you can have it, or I could ask him if I'm allowed to share it privately or what the deal might be with that...he might actually want more people to test it and give input... anyway I'll try to edit this post with some pics in a moment or 2....

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 25, 22:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you find it made much difference for you then?  It didn't seem to do all that much in my game except add little waves

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 25, 22:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did make a difference for me, color wise... tho I'm not sure which version I have of it.,  I think it's the first one he did....
I never really paid attention to the ponds, then after I had that mod in for a while I emptied the downloads folder at some point and decided I hated the regular ponds...

I think tho, though I'd have to play the game and pay attention to be sure, that it affected the tub water, and I remember in some lots the pool would go wacky (not too bad), but then in some lots it didn't (tho I have updated my display drivers, that may have stopped it)

sorry it took so long to take the pics... all my neighborhoods are in constant winter season, and I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to get the seasons to reset, so I had to wait for snow to melt... and sorry about all the statues, they used to be grass Smiley

here are night shots... the bright one is regular and unlit... the other one is the modified, and I had to light it because it was too dark to see at night...

« Last Edit: 2007 June 25, 23:39:35 by Khaki » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 26, 02:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, very nice pond. What did you use for the spray up water fountains in the pond? I like those quite a bit. Also, where are the little yellow flowers in the foreground from? I've been meaning to get some new flowers to add some variety to my yards, but keep forgetting to start looking around. Smiley
The fountains came with Seasons...super nice because trying to place fountains in ponds before so that they were camoflaged was a royal pain. They are kind of hard to find (especially if you have as many downloads as I do) so it's prolly best to go to collections, and then the Seasons folder. As for the flowers.....hmmm. They are by Bitzybus at TSR. I use flowers from this set as ground cover on a lot of my lots. Of course, even though she's no longer with them, they are still charging for them, but are in the booty (wildspringflowers.rar).
« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 05:44:51 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 26, 03:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome. I didn't realize those fountains were in the game. I'll have to dig around and find them. Smiley Thanks Zazazu. (Your name reminds me of someone I used to play EQ with. She went by Zabazu.)

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 26, 10:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit I haven't tried again since I upgraded my drivers, so I shall give it another go

Magi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 26, 15:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah, got alot of answers fast, but I'm wondering where you got the hack that changed the pond to the rather dark-green color there Khaki.  IMHO, it just seems strange since you commonly fast forward during the night while the sims are asleep and I have the SmartLights on so that my lights arn't blaring all night long and then BAM, the pond sticks out in the middle of my front yard.

Later on after a minute of googling:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225473 , found the hack that you were talking about Khaki or atleast I think its right.  About to test it in a second.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 27, 00:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Retail sims has some ...objects that color the pond. Basicly a sheet of color that sits under the water ...not sure what it would do about the illumination though.

http://www.retailsims.com/MovieProps/MovieProps2.htm

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: