More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 22:11:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing the height of custom ceiling lights to fit AL ceilings?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing the height of custom ceiling lights to fit AL ceilings?  (Read 2789 times)
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
Changing the height of custom ceiling lights to fit AL ceilings?
« on: 2009 January 18, 05:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, just wondered if it's possible to lower the height of custom ceiling lights? I have some great ceiling lights from ChinafanSims, but they place too high and the AL ceilings cover them.  I looked at Havelock's thread adjusting the lunatech ceiling lamp and noticed the CRES was modified, but I am not awesome enough to figure it out. Any help or pointing to a tutorial would be appreciated. Thanks.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Changing the height of custom ceiling lights to fit AL ceilings?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 January 27, 15:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also alter the GMDC (mesh) if you want. The differences being that a CRES fix will have a smaller file size but only affect new lights where as a GMDC fix will have a larger file size but will also alter any lights already on lots.

You will need SimPE for either of these methods. If you go the GMDC route then you will also need to download Milkshape. I'm afraid I'm not really any good at explaining things but there are plenty of tutorials over at MTS2.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 01, 12:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that means I have to make a new mesh? Oh my, I can't do that. Thanks alot for the info and will check the tutes at MTS2 for what you proposed.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 01, 17:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to build a new mesh from scratch. You simply have to use SimPE to extract the existing mesh, take it into Milkshape to raise it and then put it back in the package file so that it overwrites the original.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: