More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 30, 01:11:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sooo I have an idea... With a problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sooo I have an idea... With a problem  (Read 3157 times)
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sooo I have an idea... With a problem
« on: 2009 September 15, 06:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to call me whatever if it's in the wrong place.  Grin)

So here's the deal. I want to make a family tree image of my legacy seeing as I'm not documenting it in any other way, but I'm already on the fourth generation.

Is there anyway to clone the sims (and ghosts) that I have and make them younger so I can have the family tree image of them as adults and not oldies or ghosts?

Also, slightly different, but my prtscn button doesn't work. It's one of those microsoft wireless keyboards that have prtscn sysrq and insert all on the one button and I have no idea how to get it to work, I've tried googling it but no.. Help??
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Sooo I have an idea... With a problem
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 15, 07:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could try this:
1. Make the ghost selectable. Your choice, you could use EA's debug interaction cheats or any other mods that make npcs selectable.
2. Use Awesomemod's edit sim or Indie Stone's tweak to edit the sim.
3. Make the sim younger. You can take screenshots in CAS. Use the game's default camera it'll take better shots than the prtsc button.
4. Kill off the ghost and repeat steps 1 to 4 until you get all of them.
5. Most important don't save your game.

This is what I am doing with my family tree. Sadly i cannot recover most of the older dead sims since I delete the urns to try and resolve the error 12s and 13s as well as the bloated save file (have 14 generations and the 15th is on the way).
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 15, 08:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm sounds like it could work. Could you explain the first few steps to me.... moar? Heh, I don't mind using cheats and such.

And the reason I wanted to use prtscn was because I wanted to use the actual family tree image/structure that is in the game. And they are very simple pictures Cheesy
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 15, 08:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can use s3pe, it could be simpler to open your .sims3 file in it, select all the SNAP or 0x0580A2CE files, and export them to files. You'll end up with hundreds of PNGs of Sim thumbnails. The younger versions of dead Sims' thumbnails might still be in there if you sort through them.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 15, 08:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm sounds like it could work. Could you explain the first few steps to me.... moar? Heh, I don't mind using cheats and such.

And the reason I wanted to use prtscn was because I wanted to use the actual family tree image/structure that is in the game. And they are very simple pictures Cheesy
When you use the default EA cheats, assuming you have a vanilla game without the awesomemod,
type CRTL+Shif+C then type "testingcheatsenabled true".
CTRL+Shift clicking on the grave or urnstone will let you have a pie menu selection to spawn ghost.
Once the ghost is spawn CTRL+Shift and click on the ghost to make him/her selectable. adding him/her to the family.

Awesomemod disables the debug interactions by default. you have to change configuration to enable it. details are in the awesomemod thread.

For PrtSc to work, just press it on the tree you want to capture. Open the paint program of windows. then paste the image in paint.
KiwiPriss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 15, 08:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I'll try the debug thing.

About prtscn yeah I knew that lol, that's what I'm saying it's not working because there's three different functions on that button and I don't know how to isolate them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: