More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 20:33:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No gravestones in buy/build mode
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No gravestones in buy/build mode  (Read 10392 times)
LilAbner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No gravestones in buy/build mode
« on: 2006 May 17, 21:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved several of my gravestones to a community lot. When I opened the lot to rearrange the gravestones the way I wanted them they weren't there. I tried it several times, and the same thing happened. But when I went to the same lot with a sim all of the gravestones were neatly placed on the sidewalk. Then I opened the lot in build mode again and once again the gravestones were missing. I removed all of my hacks (in fact my entire downloads folder), but the same thing happened. Spooky, huh?
Has anybody else noticed this? 
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: No gravestones in buy/build mode
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 17, 21:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I've it happen to me when I tried moving headstones from the Goth's to Gothier Green Lawns.  It caused me all kinds of hell too. Finally, after resurrecting the missing dead to get them back and letting them die again, I moved them to a cemetary in Pleasantview and everything worked correctly.  Roll Eyes

Just another cute 'feature' I guess.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 17, 21:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you patched your EP's? The Nightlife Patch was supposed to fix that.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 17, 21:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to resurrect them if you use the Ingelogical shrub to resummon them followed by the Lot Debugger's "Respawn Tombstone". And definitely use No Unlink On Delete if you want to mess with tombstones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 17, 22:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had them disappear but I did discover that when I move the headstones (whether through the move-gravestone command or by sticking them in the inventory)  they always wind up on the sidewalk.  Probably because there is no way the game can know where I want them.  I sent a grieving Sim to place them but they wound up back on the sidewalk after he did his chest-beating and went home.  Using the build option, they have remained precisely where I've placed them, so with subsequent deaths I've used the move-gravestone command and then pop on over to the downtown area, where my custom cemetery is, to move the headstone, plant flowers, etc.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 17, 22:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved several of my gravestones to a community lot. When I opened the lot to rearrange the gravestones the way I wanted them they weren't there.
Has anybody else noticed this? 

I had this happen just a day or two ago -- had a sim send 4 family gravestones to a Pleasantview cemetery, and they vanished. I haven't tried sending the sim to the cemetery lot -- I'll have to see if they appear then.

I wonder if it has something to do with the OFB bug that prevents moving objects to the sidewalk area?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LilAbner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 17, 22:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to resurrect them if you use the Ingelogical shrub to resummon them followed by the Lot Debugger's "Respawn Tombstone". And definitely use No Unlink On Delete if you want to mess with tombstones.

Would I deserve to be here if I didn't already use both the debugger and the no unlink patch!  Wink I respawned the gravestones several times before I realized that they ARE in the community lots, only not visible in buy mode...

And yes, I've used the Night life patch.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 17, 22:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I've got all the critical fixes like the romance tombstone fix and the no unlink on delete. I thought the problems I previously had were resolved with the Nightlife patch but it happened again a few days ago with Darren Dreamer's tombstone. Prior to dying of old age he had been living with his second wife Jane (formerly Jane Stacks of Sim State) and their daughter Nora in Downtown, I sent his tombstone to my Pleasantview Memorial Lawn to be next to his wife Darleen. Darren's tombstone was invisible in build/buy mode, visible when I sent a sim to the community lot. In hindsight I wonder if sending a tombstone across sub-neighborhoods FUBARed my cemetery.

But did I learn? No I had daughter Nora send both Darren's tombstone AND Darleen's back home and then to Gothier Green Lawns. I was determined to have them buried together. Same problem. I sent the tombstones back to the Dreamer townhome, quickly made a downtown mausoleum and sent them there. Worked with no problem.

I am quite unawesome so I really don't know why the problem still occurs. I don't know if it was the moving across sub-neighborhood thing or if there's a "limit" to the number of tombstones at a community cemetery before problems like this occur. The day before Darren died Castor Nova's cowplant ate both Komei Tellerman and Sandy Bruty and their tombstones sent straight to Pleasantview Memorial Lawn with no problem. I'm not sure yet if Pleasantview Memorial Lawn and Gothier Green Lawns will work for any of my future dead. I haven't had the time to play this week but am tempted to kill off another townie just to see.

Edit- I just killed Brandi LeTourneau and was successfully able to move her to my Pleasantview Memorial Lawn. Her tombstone was visible when I went to the lot in build/buy mode.  Undecided So I'm at a loss as to why there were problems with Darren & Darleen Dreamer's tombstones and why my Pleasantview cemetery is now working. I haven't tried Gothier Green Lawns yet.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 18, 00:30:59 by cabelle » Logged
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 18, 02:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is also patched. No unlink on delete is definately also among my array of awesome hacks. Wink  I didn't think of respawning and then using the lot de-bugger. (duly noted in case of reoccurrance) Smiley

I had Herb and Coral Oldie living downtown and did successfully move Herb's grave to a Pleasantview Cemetary when he died. *shrugs*  Don't know why I could not move the Goth's graves to downtown.

Apparently the whole system of grave-moving is still sporadically buggy.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 18, 12:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that I think of it I had my sim use the 'move all graves' option instead of moving each one individually -- I wonder if that's the cause of the problem. I'll have to get her to send them back 'home' and see if it works if she sends them one at a time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LilAbner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 19, 08:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that I think of it I had my sim use the 'move all graves' option instead of moving each one individually -- I wonder if that's the cause of the problem. I'll have to get her to send them back 'home' and see if it works if she sends them one at a time.

That doesn't help. At least not for me. I've tried moving several gravestones at once, one at a time and it doesn't even work when there only is one gravestone in the lot...
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 29, 13:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a problem I've only just come across.  In this case the recieving cemetary is one I'd built and packaged up (without the old tombstones) and placed in Pleasantview, and it has happened to the first three ghosts I've tried sending there from three different lots.  They are all visible by the pavement when sims visit, but are nowhere to be found in build/buy mode and I'm doing nothing different than I have at the other Cemetary (which is getting too full and is out of town in any case).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 29, 21:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it does have something to do with the number of graves, like the limit on customers at a business.  Have you tried making a lot of small cemeteries instead?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 29, 21:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have someone buy the cemetary and visit it. It's probably because the game is completely "paused" during load, so the tombstone spawner may not get to run until the clock is allowed to tick, which doesn't happen unless something visits the lot...except that the result don't save unless someone owns the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 29, 21:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that definitely seems to make sense!  Who's about to go into the undertaking business, I wonder? 

Zephyr Zodiac
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 14, 18:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have someone buy the cemetary and visit it. It's probably because the game is completely "paused" during load, so the tombstone spawner may not get to run until the clock is allowed to tick, which doesn't happen unless something visits the lot...except that the result don't save unless someone owns the lot.

Great minds must think alike, because this is exactly how I got around it in the end.  I should have popped back in to say so but completely forgot because I got caught up in the game  Embarrassed.

The real reason I posted today though was to find out if the tombstonemovefix in testing is for this particular problem?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 14, 21:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real reason I posted today though was to find out if the tombstonemovefix in testing is for this particular problem?

I believe so, yes.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 14, 21:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to hear! Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 14, 22:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tombstonemovefix is about the double death penalty that results when your moved sim immediately "dies on another lot" after you move his tombstone, causing everyone to immediately take another "so-and-so died" hit. If you're noticing sims mysteriously going into the red on another lots for no apparently obvious cause, this is why.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: