More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 11:44:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  revisiting an old request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: revisiting an old request  (Read 5301 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
revisiting an old request
« on: 2005 November 02, 22:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, the attraction thing for romance sims...

it's been requested a couple of times, but now that we have the two most awesome modders here, I figure that it might be worthwhile bringing it up again

I still think it is backwards and that it should be the romance sims who do the swooning thing, not all the others over the romance sims!  I would quite happily settle for the whole thing being killed altogether, especially with the way nightlife has changed things in regards to attraction - I believe it's possible to have a sim swooning over another simply because they are romance, but to have negative chemistry with that sim at the same time!

The two threads where it has previously been discussed are here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=461.0

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=753.0
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: revisiting an old request
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 02, 22:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, yep, yep!  I had a sim swooning over a Romance sim then told her to use the flirt>check-out option.  She was duly repulsed by the Romance sim but then I turn my back on her and she's swooning again.  I'd love to see this nipped.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 02, 23:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree whole-heartedly. The Romance sim swoon needs to be nuked now that we have the attraction system. I'm starting to seriously play my very first romance sim, and it gets a little confusing.. Like: "Is she swooning because she thinks Julia is hot, or because Julia is a romance sim?"... Of course you can tell by the thought bubble, but I don't always catch it! Usually I hear swooning off camera, and by the time I react, pause, and go looking, the bubble is gone already. I will give many beans to the modder who does this.

And no, 'beans' was not a typo... Beans are much better than Benes you see.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 03, 00:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's really upsetting one of my sims! My Ripp Grunt is gay, and he's living in a house with Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith. Whenever Ophelia goes near him, she swoons. He gets SO upset! I keep meaning to take a photo of his horrified face.

I know some people are clueless about these things, but she is best friends with him as well as his housemate. Silly girl.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 03, 05:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. With the advent of the chemistry system that stupid swooning has lost what little use it ever had if indeed it ever had any use.

I would like it nixed.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 03, 05:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly would make far more sense if the Romance Sims were doing the swooning, but I can't see the point of it either way now.  It annoys me when they swoon over someone who they find repulsive, even more so when the person comes up to them and admires them, gets the cold shoulder, then immediately gets swooned over.  Wouldn't be so bad if the Sims reacted to the swooning, but in my game they certainly don't.  It was amusing at first, but now it's just a pain in the rear.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 03, 06:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly would make far more sense if the Romance Sims were doing the swooning, but I can't see the point of it either way now.  It annoys me when they swoon over someone who they find repulsive, even more so when the person comes up to them and admires them, gets the cold shoulder, then immediately gets swooned over.  Wouldn't be so bad if the Sims reacted to the swooning, but in my game they certainly don't.  It was amusing at first, but now it's just a pain in the rear.
I have a sim who had a date going on  when the welcome wagon showed up . she and her dat were dancing to the juke box I stuck on her lawn and even clutzy sims like to dance  well  the members of the welcome wagon started dancing all of  sudden  My sim and her date stand out in the street doing the universal human sign for  your'e crazy. I check the Panel and  My sim has three bolts for one of the welcome wagon Members. who is married with a pregnant wife and the welcome wagon member is also the half brother to  My Sim's  adult Son. I think there needs to be a mod that chemistry  doesnt appear  before you ever even say hello .My sim has never even said hello to this other Sim so how the heck are they going to have chemistry  let alone strong chemistry without even speaking to one another?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 03, 07:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Across a crowded room, I can see a stranger...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 03, 14:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this one sim in uni who hates this girl that lives in his dorm.
 He has kicked her butt twice now, but still everytime she walks into the room he does the wolf whistle and swooning because she is a romance sim,   now how insane is that?     Roll Eyes
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 03, 14:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if it werent for the T rating I would say rename Romance sims..Permiscuous or slutty sims.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 03, 17:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if it werent for the T rating I would say rename Romance sims..Permiscuous or slutty sims.
I agree with your title for Romance sims but I am having a blast playing them in my custom hood and the side benefit to them is dream dates are easily achieved with them. the key Ive found to having fun with Romance sims is make sure you have a few single sims in the neighborhood that can date them even if the Romance sim happens to be married. I have a single Family sim I have turned into the town sleep around oley because I have a Romance sim who is married to a Romance sim but has  such awesome genetics I wanted more of his kids in the neighborhood. who better to stick with the kids than a family sim? the most boring sims I have in my neighborhood by far are the fortune sims

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 05, 00:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and then there were three... 

what are the chances of this happening now?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: