More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 10:51:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  So I think I just killed my game completely
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So I think I just killed my game completely  (Read 3745 times)
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
So I think I just killed my game completely
« on: 2009 November 25, 02:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of TS3, because the 1.7 patch wasn't installing properly on my game, and I wanted to update before I installed World Adventures. I managed to uninstall and reinstall, but when I went to patch the game up to 1.27, it stopped on the "Full Build 0" package, and refused to go further. I tried replacing the Full Build 0 with the one on the iso file, but no luck. So I downloaded a different copy of TS3, thinking that it was something in the install, and maybe using a different iso file would make the patching work. However, when I go to uninstall TS3 through the Control Panel, it gives me an error, (-5005 : 0x8000ffff if the number is relevant). Is there another way to uninstall the game? I know that I can delete the program files and the registry files if I need to, but I have no clue how to do that. I'm sorry if this was confusing, but does anyone know of anything I can try?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: So I think I just killed my game completely
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 25, 04:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22226

Have fun.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 25, 07:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On The Sims3 website, under "Support" or "Help" they have detailed directions on how to manually uninstall The Sims 3, including registry edits.  It's not difficult.  Just make sure to follow the directions carefully when editing the registry.

Here's the link:  http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=Y1P9rQNj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_faqid=22226

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 25, 15:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to take it out almost completely, but there's a folder (Games/Bin/StaticPages/Common) that won't delete because it's "corrupted or unreadable". I tried replacing it with the one on the iso, but it wouldn't transfer over.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 25, 16:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google a program called DelInvFile. It'll let you delete files that are falsely showing as in use or have malformatted names. It might work for this.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 26, 16:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Zazazu it worked and everything managed to install right with the new iso.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: