More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 11:20:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims can't cook
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims can't cook  (Read 9206 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Sims can't cook
« on: 2008 March 24, 03:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help! my sims can't cook,they keep erroring out and the food disappears.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Sims can't cook
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 24, 05:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they jump and hey, presto no food, or do you get an error message? Have you tried replacing the fridge, stove or anything else they're trying to cook with?

Is it only in one house, or gamewide? If it's only one house, you've probably checked for stuck tiles and stuff like that.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 24, 09:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get my sims to cook, because they error, and the food disappears

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 24, 09:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try attaching an error log.  The awesome ones around here can't tell you what is happening in your game without the error log.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 24, 11:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2k posts and you still don't know how to report a bug?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 24, 14:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you downloaded and used the staythings shrub?  If so, buy a new fridge.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 24, 19:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill,This is the first time I have had an error in my game that actually generated an error log.

Kyna,Thank you for the reminder about the error log ,I will grab the error log when I am using the pc that I game on

Inge, I did buy a new fridge after updating the stay things  shrub.

The error being generated is an enthusiasm tracking error Huh

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 March 24, 20:27:30 by Bangelnuts » Logged

Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 24, 21:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

custom fridge?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 24, 21:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how this is connected to the food, but the error in your log is "Missing Effect Name" coming from the Enthusiasm Tracker's Headline Effects subroutine. I wasn't sure what this was, at first, until I noticed that your error log also reports that you have ShowHeadlines set to "false". Then it hit me: the error you are having is because the game is trying to display a thought balloon and doesn't have an image for that thought... and probably doesn't even have a *name* for that thought. That sounds like a corrupt memory to me.

But then, I'm not sure why this affects food prep, because the sim getting the error is listed as Zach Griffin, a child. He shouldn't be the one preparing food, anyways.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 25, 16:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind the no zzZZ, it's more likely to be the interestlosshack mentioned in this other thread. That error log has the same error as you do. Check for that hack and remove it, then see if your sims can eat.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 26, 00:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the hack nointerestloss and my sims still can't cook Angry

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 26, 04:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the hack nointerestloss and my sims still can't cook Angry

What about interestlosshack?

Also, what happens when you remove EVERYTHING?
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 26, 05:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an aside, using showheadlines off can cause issues if it is in your user startup cheat file. Works fine if entered in game..but can cause some headaches in the startup file. Probably has absolutely nothing to do with your problem.  Undecided

ETA: You don't have finishcustomfood hack made by Cathair2005? Makes food disappear. Again..I can't imagine you would have non-awesomeness in your folders. Just a thought.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 28, 19:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions and stuff packs through Free Time and am running on a fresh install, fully patched. I just downloaded all my mods last night, so they are the most recent ones. Now that that is out of the way...on to the details!

I was receiving this error every time an action ended that required enthusiasm gain. The errors I experienced were after cooking, playing catch, dancing together and playing piano. I googled the error and was led to the other thread mentioned previously. Removing  interestlosshack.package did not fix the error. So begins the long, tedious process of locating my problem file.

Since this site was accused for the error twice, I first tried removing my MATY hack folder. This did fix the problem, but since these hacks are awesome, I assumed there was a conflict with one of them from another non-awesome hack. As always, I had used simwardrobe's hack scan before loading the game. Since I remembered the teen pregnancy hack from sims2living.com had multiple errors, and I had never tried the hack before, that is where I began my search. Sure enough, I still got the errors with only Teen Pregnancy and MATY hack folders installed. I ran hack scan again with only these two folders installed. Amongst the multiple errors, I noticed that asprechargetweak.package was shown as a possible conflict. Remembering that this file also showed conflict with the InTeenimator, I decided to load the game after only removing that one package. Eureka! That was it!

So if anyone is using the teen pregnancy hack from sims2living.com, either remove JM Pescado's asprechargetweak.package file, or remove the teen pregnancy hack. Both of these options work. The choice is up to you. I hope this helps others! Good luck!

I'm posting one of my many error logs. It was the same error for all of them (enthusiasm), so I don't feel any need to post them all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

More Awesome Than You - in bed
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 28, 19:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A-ha! So what's happening is that, with both conflicting hacks installed, the game doesn't know what to display above the sims' heads to show they gained enthusiasm? Weird.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 28, 19:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this will resolve your problem, but after not finding a resolution to the error here or anywhere else.
I removed my downloads folder to my desktop and started my game up.
I loaded to the neighborhood view, which in my case is Pleasant view and then exited.
I then exited the game and moved the downloads folder back to its original place in the Sims2 folder.
I then restarted the game making sure custom content was properly enabled and my error has not reoccurred.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 28, 19:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good job! Maybe the OP will take your advice!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 28, 20:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangelnuts! Take your advice!
 Angry

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Eva Aisling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 29, 03:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like different hacks are causing the problems for different players. I blame EAxis! We are clearly the victims of bad programming!  Roll Eyes
I played a different household and got the errors again for different hobbies...Gonna try Bangelnuts' method. It's worth a shot. I read a post of another player only loading their game partially, and then deciding to close it and reload with all CC installed again before the neighborhood had loaded. He apparently started gaining enthusiasm again without errors.

More Awesome Than You - in bed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: