More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 12:54:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This Seem Odd
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This Seem Odd  (Read 4046 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
This Seem Odd
« on: 2007 March 06, 16:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have installed Seasons and since then I have noticed that if I give my sims a custom hair like a green hair doo the next time they age it reverts baqck to their origanal colour. I find it a pain in the butt.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: This Seem Odd
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 16:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that the hairstyle you're using is only enabled for a certain age group. I think it's fairly easy to change a hairstyle in SimPE so that it will fit teen, young adult, adult, and elder, but somebody more awesome than me will have to explain how to do that.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 18:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the hair styles are made for toddlers to elders, like a stlye of sunairs change back to the orinagial hair I am not sure if it is the colour of the hair they are supose to have or the colour of the hair it was made from like green to blonde when they age if the todler has the same style as the mother she ages to child and it turns blonde, I then have to change apperance to get that style back.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 19:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange. It probably has something to do with the new coding for hats, like the magically changing haircolours that occurred after the Pets patch.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 18:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I even had an adult age to an elder with a custom red and black curls to a grey braid hair style. I went into change appearance and my hairstyle was availabe for the elder in the same colour af the adult. SOOOOOOOOO Anoying Huh Huh Angry Angry Shocked
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 08, 20:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that they just changed it so every age gets a random hairstyle when they age.

I believe others mentioned that toddlers were now getting random hairstyles when the aged up from infants (I haven't had a infant become a toddler in Seasons yet so I don't know for sure) so maybe Maxis/EA had to fix it by having all ages get random hairstyles when aging. If I remember right, one maxiod (is that what they are called?) did say that toddlers were supposed to get random hairstyles a long time ago over at mts2, he seemed surprised when told they didn't.

amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 08, 20:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims in Seasons have the ability to choose multiple styles of hair, one for each category of clothing. It stands to reason the game won't know which one to use, when multiple hairstyles are available for each Sim. So random choices make sense, in a way.

It is *possible* that a hairstyle will always go to the correct one when aging -- IF the feature for only one hairstyle across multiple categories is selected. But the game may not be smart enough to figure that out.

I guess, if you use the "choose a different style for each clothing category" feature, having to choose again at a new age is an acceptable trade off. It is similar to having to choose a complete new wardrobe at each new age. New wardrobe, new hairstyles.  (Shrug)

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 00:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It Just seems odd and annoying I will try to have the same hair selected when chosing outfits. I hate the change hairstyles.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 09, 06:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't turn on the change hairstyles bit, the sim keeps the same hair for all outfits.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: