More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:03:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Keeping toddlers warm/cool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Keeping toddlers warm/cool  (Read 4503 times)
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Keeping toddlers warm/cool
« on: 2008 December 09, 19:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a note: I only got Seasons a week and a half ago. So I'm new to this. Meaning: probably newbie questions coming up.

I've been playing around with Seasons and the e-mail challenge. Timing kids so that the baby and toddler stages fall during spring or fall means it isn't actually a big problem; but if I set the seasons to some combination of winter and summer, I always lose the rugrat to the social worker before he grows to Child and I can cool him down or warm him up. (This would be even more of a challenge with e-mail+ethiopian, because most things that change a sim's temperature also involve running water or food. I'm going to try to tackle that next.)

Is it possible to raise or lower a toddler's temperature? If not, can you prevent him being taken by the SW? I was thinking, for winter, to put him in Outerwear and let him sleep on the floor so he doesn't have to change to PJs for bed... but the first day the temperature is extreme, he still gets too cold.

Does the nanny barricade thing still work?

Anybody have a full list of stuff that changes sims' temperature?

Obviously: lemonade, tomato juice, coffee, hot chocolate, showers (but not bathing toddlers), exercise, and the randomness of the weather. Those are the ones I know. I could be forgetting one or two.

I've read:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7656.0.html
but that's not specifically what I need...

Officially Weird
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Keeping toddlers warm/cool
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 09, 19:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just keep them indoors in a room with 4 walls and a roof (or tiles placed over the room). If you cannot place a ceiling lamp in the toddlers room then it is not heat/cold proof.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 09, 19:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, but when you are trying to play without walls or toilets, roofs become impossible...

Officially Weird
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 09, 19:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see your problem Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 10, 06:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clothes worn has no effect on endpoint temperature behavior, so the outerwear thing is a nonstarter. As far as I know, there aren't really any methods that are useful in manipulating toddler temperatures, so you'll just have to time things so they don't fall during extreme seasons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 10, 07:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't they get warm when they're being tossed in air? I think I remember having seen that .. I don't have any toddlers at hand (or a Seasons game) to test, though.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 11, 20:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you target a todler with the Voodoo Doll?  lol  No idea if that item is even available in that challenge...

By the way, clothes really don't matter when it comes to temperature???   Shocked  I feel so...lied to.   Tongue  lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 12, 01:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as my understanding, the only thing outerwear does is slow down rate of freezing in cold temperatures, not preventing them freezing at all.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 12, 02:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's my experience. It just doesn't slow it enough to make sure the kid lasts until the outside temperature is warm enough for him not to freeze.

Officially Weird
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: