More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:46:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Removing a Sub Hood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing a Sub Hood?  (Read 4458 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Removing a Sub Hood?
« on: 2006 December 09, 02:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to remove a sub hood after you've attached one? I currently have the OFB shopping district attached to my neighborhood in addition to the default downtown and Academie Le Tour. I read that Seasons will be coming with a new neighborhood to attach as well, and that got me thinking about how much I use the ones I have. I never use the OFB district. Ever.

So, is it possible to remove it without destroying my game? I imagine I would have to move all the playable sims to the simbin and plant them someplace else. Or, is it just not possible to do?

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Removing a Sub Hood?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 09, 02:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I think I read that seasons was going to give us a new base neighbourhood not another subhood.      That will give us four main neighbourhoods instead of the three we have now.   

edit
a neighbourhood and it's attached subhoods count as one neighbourhood.   Hopefully someone knows how to delete just part of it without fubarring the rest up for you. 
« Last Edit: 2006 December 09, 02:36:56 by Marg » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Removing a Sub Hood?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 09, 02:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the testing I've done for my "merged" neighborhoods, I suggest NOT attempting to remove sub hoods. However, if you really want to, you could try this:

Create a complete backup, in case your game explodes after doing this.

Move all the sims who live in the sub hood elsewhere. DO NOT pull any houses into the bin. Move the sims out of their houses and then move them to a house in another sub hood or the main hood. If you want to keep the houses, move the empty houses after moving out the sims.

Bulldoze all the lots in the unwanted subhood. This will remove their files.

Go to your Sims 2 folder in My Documents, open the neighborhood folder (example: Neighborhoods\N001) and locate the file for the sub hood (example: N001_Downtown001). Delete it.

If there are any NPCs who are attached to that sub-neighborhood, they will be left hanging around. You may or may not see them again, because the game may or may not choose to use/reuse them.

After doing this, assuming the game does not blow up right away, I recommend never attempting to add another sub hood of that type to that neighborhood. Doing so may result in corruption of your entire neighborhood.

Really, it's safer to just ignore your unwanted sub hood. After all, what harm is it doing? Just move all the sims elsewhere and ignore it.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: