More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:23:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Easy Break Up hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easy Break Up hack  (Read 22476 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Easy Break Up hack
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 20, 21:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it depends a lot which starsign you give a pleasure sim.  Now, I have just created one who is cancer, and he has never rolled any of the prank, jump on couch etc. wants!  When he comes home from work, if he needs a skill point for the next promotion, he rolls a gain a skill point want.  He also gets talk to, invite over, be friends with sort of wants, so he's really acting more like a family sim without the desire to get married and persuade his unfortunate spouse to have oodles of kids.

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 21, 14:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of all the aspirations, knowledge is the one I choose to play most as I really like those sims. Family sims do seem to have a tendency to flirt more, and be susceptible to affairs with random strangers - at least in my experience - and I've also had autonomous romantic interactions. As Z.Z. points out this does seem to be moderated somewhat by the zodiac sign you give them which means I like to assign pisces/cancer to romance/pleasure sims just to see if they can overcome a few more odds. Smiley I have also found that romance sims are easy to keep pleased as long as you don't marry them off and they have regular woohoo.

As for non-awesomeness... maybe. But my game is very carefully watched over so that nothing I don't want gets in. Control? You better believe it!

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 21, 16:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, some of my happiest couples are romance - as long as they are both romance, all they want to do is woohoo, so each time they do, they both get the boost!  I don't often make really lazy sims like capricorns romance - they just wouldn't have the energy to keep up with the wants!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 21, 19:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my Sims want to woohoo all the time, except pleasure Sims, who would rather jump on the couch Roll Eyes.

My Sims are well-trained Grin.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 21, 20:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be happy with just a mod that allowed sims to fight at a higher relationship level than the game currently allows.  I think my couples ought to be able to argue and have their relationship decline without resorting to infidelity.  Especially the ones who aren't married yet... I want the option of short term relationships, especially for my young adults.  If they've dated and fallen in love but aren't engaged, it would be nice to be able to actively decrease their relationship level below love and crush so that they can move on to someone they're more likely to marry.

I wouldn't use it with my romance sims, I just have them stop calling after they get the woohoo they want.  Whether they get caught cheating or the relationship simply dissolves from lack of content, is just a matter of luck and timing.  But my family sims might want to shop around before they choose a lifelong mate, and my popularity and pleasure sims like to go on dates, and I don't think it's normal for everyone to marry the first sim they flirt with.

I like the pleasure aspiration sometimes.  They're the most likely to go on dates and outings, and they're much more fun in college than knowledge or fortune sims because they always want to date and party rather than rolling wants to study after they're already guaranteed an A+ for the semester.  But the panel full of 500 point wants really is rather annoying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 21, 20:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a pleasure sim who's married to a romance sim, and if they have a date they always roll identical wants, he wants to woohoo in the hot-tub, she does too etc.

Trouble with letting romance sims' relationships decline is if they have the 20 simultaneous lovers LTW, they have to stay in love with all of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 21, 23:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble with letting romance sims' relationships decline is if they have the 20 simultaneous lovers LTW, they have to stay in love with all of them!

I usually use the FFS Lot Debugger to reroll that one to the 'Woohoo 20 sims' LTW, just because of that requirement.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 21, 23:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's an amazingly difficult challenge compared to all the others!  In one of my games, Keanu Broke managed it before he left college!  (But only because I built him Fernando's Hideaway!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 22, 01:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a hack that allows family members to interact romantically(because of a couple that her Mom and his Dad got married and now they can't have a relationship even though they have been friends since kids and lovers since teens)but now the whole town has gone haywire. I had never had a Sim  flirt with another, even if they only had a crush on a different Sim--townies and romance Sims included. Now,the whole town are whores.  Couples that have never even looked at another Sim are having very indecent wants.  I really have to watch the families cause they are always wanting to be romantic with each other.  I have to have them go to a community lot to call  each other to keep up their relationships up--they are very sneaky.  I went into Goneril's house first and I had just installed the patch so everyone was reset,and she grabbed her son Adam and made out with him-I was horrified--ever since I have really watched them--thank goodness they can't fall in love with each other--I would have a lot of editing in SimPE.  It has been fun though--I was getting pretty bored--not even my Romance Sims would autonomously flirt or less they already had hearts for them--how dull is that.  I had a greek house where all the guys had three bolts for all the girls and none of them where taken and nobody flirted--I hate having to always pick their mates all the time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 22, 06:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem with two sim teens whose parents got married while they were still living in the family home, and it wasn't resolved after they moved out and lived together.  They got all the romantic wants, but they couldn't be fulfilled.  In the end, I had to get the parents to break up for just long enough for them to get joined, and then the parents were able to get back together again.  I didn't use SimPE back then, but I think in retrospect that when the second sim and his mother moved in with the first sim and his father, they got checked as family.  But the moral of the story - move the mother in and leave the teen at home on his own!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 22, 08:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a hack that allows family members to interact romantically(because of a couple that her Mom and his Dad got married and now they can't have a relationship even though they have been friends since kids and lovers since teens)but now the whole town has gone haywire. I had never had a Sim  flirt with another, even if they only had a crush on a different Sim--townies and romance Sims included. Now,the whole town are whores.  Couples that have never even looked at another Sim are having very indecent wants.  I really have to watch the families cause they are always wanting to be romantic with each other.  I have to have them go to a community lot to call  each other to keep up their relationships up--they are very sneaky.  I went into Goneril's house first and I had just installed the patch so everyone was reset,and she grabbed her son Adam and made out with him-I was horrified--ever since I have really watched them--thank goodness they can't fall in love with each other--I would have a lot of editing in SimPE.
I blame the non-awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 22, 08:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the teens to college and take the hack out of your game!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 22, 13:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the teens to college and take the hack out of your game!

Yea, I agree -- that hack lasted maybe 3 minutes in my game.  I tried it because of a similar problem with unrelated kids not being able to interact due to their respective parents' relationship, but pulled it as soon as I saw a teen start farting hearts and making that 'call me' gesture to his mother.  Yuk...  Shocked

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 22, 13:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're having problems with unrelated kids not being able to interact, that usually is overridden if you force them develop hearts anyway, via something like the Carrigonian bottle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 22, 14:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the short answer is, make the parents wait until they go off to college.  Once they're out of the house, the problem doesn't occur, and I think it's due to the creditable attempt to prevent step-parents getting the hots for their step-child (not always successful, but commendable all the same).  Obviously, if you father/mother treats your best friend/sweetheart as family, you have to do the same!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 22, 14:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not only do they have to wait until they go to college, but they also have to get the hearts back. That's the main factor. The blocking doesn't apply if you already have the hearts. Since teens lose those when on transition, however, you won't be able to get 'em back afterwards!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 22, 14:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My two never lost them when they grew up, even though they should have done, and I had no hacks in my game back then.  But now you can use TJ's Teens Keep Loves and you can be sure they won't forget!

Even before installing that hack, I had a teen go to college, and a couple of simdays later I sent his teen girlfriend to follow him - she was in such a hurry to kiss him she didn't even bother walking in, just opened the front door and grabbed him through it!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 22, 14:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My two never lost them when they grew up, even though they should have done, and I had no hacks in my game back then.  But now you can use TJ's Teens Keep Loves and you can be sure they won't forget!

That's the hack I misplaced/deleted for some reason and couldn't remember where I got it from. Smiley  Thanks -- off to download it again...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 22, 14:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's part of the Age Transition fixes now.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 22, 15:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I remembered why I took it out -- the teens-keep-loves function is built into the kitten killer.  But I took the KK out for other reasons a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't remember where I got the stand-alone hack to keep the loves. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 22, 15:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Age Transition fix is critical, I think, so it's probably as well you got it!

Mind you, teens keeping their loves when the SO has been at Uni for a couple of semesters can cause a few problems too!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 22, 16:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a hack that allows family members to interact romantically(because of a couple that her Mom and his Dad got married and now they can't have a relationship even though they have been friends since kids and lovers since teens)but now the whole town has gone haywire. I had never had a Sim  flirt with another, even if they only had a crush on a different Sim--townies and romance Sims included. Now,the whole town are whores.  Couples that have never even looked at another Sim are having very indecent wants.  I really have to watch the families cause they are always wanting to be romantic with each other.  I have to have them go to a community lot to call  each other to keep up their relationships up--they are very sneaky.  I went into Goneril's house first and I had just installed the patch so everyone was reset,and she grabbed her son Adam and made out with him-I was horrified--ever since I have really watched them--thank goodness they can't fall in love with each other--I would have a lot of editing in SimPE.
I blame the non-awesome.
Yeah,but it's quite a hoot--I hadn't played that town for quite a while cause they were so boring.  The only prob is that I have to play with no jealousy on cause it is so out of control--I think they should pay for their infidelity--but like in real life--it was the kids that were suffering.  I put in my test neighborhood last night and went to the Pleasant's house.  I had already put the Oldies in there but hadn't ever played them.  What a riot!!  Literally--It was so entertaining--I had been testing Danny's  DMA's and Lilith kept going to the girls,so she is now gay, and she flirted with Kaylynn after Daniel had already been caught with her.  On top of it,Dustin flirted with Mary Sue,Daniel flirted with Coral,Herb flirted with Cassandra,Angela is still dull but she did break up with Dustin--he is much more interesting than she is--especially if you take away his nice points.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 22, 16:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the Age Transition fix is critical, I think, so it's probably as well you got it!

Oh, I have the plain Age Transition fix in my game --- just forgot there's a version that includes the TKL hack. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 22, 16:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm glad you remembered and got it!  It's a good mod and doesn't have any of the problems the kk does!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 22, 16:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the short answer is, make the parents wait until they go off to college.  Once they're out of the house, the problem doesn't occur, and I think it's due to the creditable attempt to prevent step-parents getting the hots for their step-child (not always successful, but commendable all the same).  Obviously, if you father/mother treats your best friend/sweetheart as family, you have to do the same!
My problem happened after they went to College.  I thought that it wouldn't happen if both kids were out of the house--but it did.  What is weird is that the girl's mother married Consort--so,Tybalt would be her step brother,but that didn't stop him from having the hotts for her--I couldn't keep him off of her--and that is without hacks.  But,after Consort died,she married her lover,both of their children were in College already had several dates--she had gotten pregnant--and all of a sudden they have no interest in each other,no wants for each other.  I had to do something.  That just isn't right--Tybalt hadn't even met her till she was his sister???  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: