More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:34:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims must be doing it wrong...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims must be doing it wrong...  (Read 18802 times)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: My sims must be doing it wrong...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 13, 16:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, yes, I'm now MORE convinced that the Maxian world is screwed up.  I sat back (hands off) and watched the most stupid behavior on the part of three sims last night.  What's the point of having jealousy and fights without at least getting motive right (or are they just trying to mimic-incorrectly-domestic abuse)?  SimHusband catches wifey kissing Otherguy.  Husband slaps shit out of wifey, then plays red hands with Otherguy.  Look at relationship scores - wifey still loves Husband (okay) AND now also loves Otherguy.  Husband is now in the red on wifey - can't seem to stand her.  All day he keeps remembering, and slaps her some more.  After two simdays of this crap GodMe says enough! and points Husband at Otherguy and forces a fight.  NOW he's got it right - every time Otherguy comes on the lot there's a shoving match and THEN Husband gets mad at Wifey all over again.  So, without my intervention they probably would have gone on like before.  I finally made them break up because I couldn't get them to make up.  Oh well, gives me another household to play.

The result of this:  I will never again question Maxian logic (wait - is that an oxymoron?).  There's no point.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 13, 16:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The result of this:  I will never again question Maxian logic (wait - is that an oxymoron?).  There's no point.

Yes, kind of like "Government Intelligence".

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 13, 17:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe someone keeps trying the "backdoor" and someone doesn't like it....
Dear lord, I think I found this way funnier than I should have.

I had a mental image of two red minuses above the recipient's woo-hoo-squirm body, followed by a slap session.

Maybe that's what all the post-coital violence in TS1 was about. And honestly, I miss all that anger.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 13, 17:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen the Sims have slight fun in woohoo  and a little more in social and I have the patch.  I noticed when I had only Uni that the Sim that initiates the romantic acts get more fun that the one receiving(it maybe the opposite of that cause it has been a long time).  I would give the one lowest in fun the commands(or vise versa). Now I have cheats and I really don't care-I just have them watch TV.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 13, 18:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's what all the post-coital violence in TS1 was about. And honestly, I miss all that anger.

My sister was youngish when she started playing the Sims 1 and was put off "playing in bed" because of the responses sims would have to each other after sex.  She didn't realize that not every sex act was followed by the dry heaves, anger and/or pointing and laughing.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 13, 18:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which just goes to show kids shouldn't have been given the love beds!  Mind you, when every time your sim couple played in bed there was a good chance that a crib would magically arrive in the corner of the room, it's no wonder they weren't all that keen on the idea!

Zephyr Zodiac
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 13, 18:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which just goes to show kids shouldn't have been given the love beds!  Mind you, when every time your sim couple played in bed there was a good chance that a crib would magically arrive in the corner of the room, it's no wonder they weren't all that keen on the idea!

I remember it was a huge deal that she got to play with the bed installed at all, and my parents expressly nixed the love bed.  Of course, they weren't always looking while she played and she used it anyway.   Not only was woo hoo wierd, but the babies in Sims 1 were so uniquely ungratifying that anyone who learned about the birds and the bees from the game would probably be a little "meh" on sex for a while.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 13, 19:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister was youngish when she started playing the Sims 1 and was put off "playing in bed" because of the responses sims would have to each other after sex.  She didn't realize that not every sex act was followed by the dry heaves, anger and/or pointing and laughing.
It is for Maxians, apparently. No, real sex acts are generally characterized by bruises and concussions, and the losing party is invariably too unconcious to heave or laugh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 13, 19:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is for Maxians, apparently. No, real sex acts are generally characterized by bruises and concussions, and the losing party is invariably too unconcious to heave or laugh.

Maybe you should change your name to BDSM Pescado.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 13, 19:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M., Klingon sex is noted for its violence but I rather think most people like it gentler than that, including sims.

Hmm, about this fun aspect... I haven't patched the game since OFB and mine still enjoy the nookie. They always have, and like others I've used woohoo to put them in a good mood. Possible link between patch and no enjoy - or rather, not as much enjoy - then?

Meh...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 13, 21:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M., Klingon sex is noted for its violence but I rather think most people like it gentler than that, including sims.
Apparently not, judging from the extreme limb contortions. And gentler? I feel the urge to throw up now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 13, 21:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always say, it's no good if you're not sore afterwards.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 13, 21:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, about this fun aspect... I haven't patched the game since OFB and mine still enjoy the nookie. They always have, and like others I've used woohoo to put them in a good mood. Possible link between patch and no enjoy - or rather, not as much enjoy - then?

Well, I didn't install the OFB patch, and I haven't really noticed a problem in my game!  But since my sims really only get the opportunity when they get the want, maybe they don't do it that often - maybe if it's too frequent, it just becomes another chore like cleaning the loo! 

Zephyr Zodiac
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 13, 22:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* staroverthebay is amused by this thread. Cheesy

I just got to watch a couple of sims WooHoo the other day (my R.A.M. is so horrible these days that it takes FOREVER for anything to happen, so I had to use Lizzie's Lovebed to get them to go at it) for the first time since I installed the game and found out what that "woohoo" means. I wondered for the longest time. ¬¬ I'm hopeless.

When the Sims woohoo (at least in the bed) they are so incredibly FUNNY! I love it when the limbs randomly poke out the sides of the bed. I think it's hilarious how suddenly a foot or a hand will appear out of the bedding. Makes me think, "man, I must've been doing it wrong all this time"

Oops, TMI.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 14, 03:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some things you can do to increase the available RAM, first and foremost by cutting down the number of unnecessary programs that run at start-up. 

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 14, 03:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have OFB + patch, and I just had two elders woohoo.  The woman's fun was all the way down in the red, and I had her and her husband relax in bed, but she wanted to stand up and whine about her fun level.  I have the lesswhiny mod, but she was at rock bottom.  Well, I made her get back on the bed and immediately queued up Make out and Woohoo, and by the time they did that, her fun was at maybe a quarter of the bar, no longer red, but yellow.  After that, she would go paint and play the piano, where before her fun was so low that she would bail out of those even though they are normally fun activities.  I know I could have sent her to kick the gnomes, but since she had nothing better to do, I wanted to see what she would choose to fill her fun.  She did not choose very well on her own, unfortunately.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 14, 03:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, isn't it, how they really need fun, they're halfway between the loo and an easel, and they choose the loo.  If their bladder is nearly in the red, they choose the easel and then stand there with their knickers in a twist because you haven't told them to go!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 14, 10:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently not, judging from the extreme limb contortions. And gentler? I feel the urge to throw up now.

Heh... I hadn't been perving at the sims but now you mention it there do seem to be some interesting (if unlikely) contortions going on.

Gentler is nice, but going at it like a jack hammer all the time is boring and not all of us are into whips, rubber or chains, though in the spirit of experimentation/equality, you go for it. Yay!  Cool

I always say, it's no good if you're not sore afterwards.

Hmmm... Extra lube and yoga recommended.

Funny, isn't it, how they really need fun, they're halfway between the loo and an easel, and they choose the loo.  If their bladder is nearly in the red, they choose the easel and then stand there with their knickers in a twist because you haven't told them to go!

This is why we play this game. Because we all want to hit the monitor with a bat, or at least climb inside and mutilate our sims! J.M. we need that hand cursor to give them a go
  • d slapping.  Angry

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 14, 10:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a mod to make the gnomes kick back!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 14, 10:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That I could live with...  Grin

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 14, 11:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And maybe a red memory icon "got a kicking from my gnome!" coupled with aspiration failure!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 14, 11:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about beating each other with dead fish?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 14, 11:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean dead fishes in general or a dead fish in particular? Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 14, 11:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, actually, I was thinking of Crammyboy's fish pillows, but either way.  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 14, 11:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the fish pillows bear any resemblance to anyone we know?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: