More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:52:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Overstuffed Lot Hack for Pets?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Overstuffed Lot Hack for Pets?  (Read 4758 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Overstuffed Lot Hack for Pets?
« on: 2006 October 26, 04:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My copy of Pets arrived today, and I've got a few overstuffed lots already, but I suspect the hack I was using won't work anymore due to the way pets are counted. I can't remember where I got it, so I can't check whether it'll be compatible that way.

Does anyone know if there's been one made for, or compatible with, Pets?

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Overstuffed Lot Hack for Pets?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 26, 04:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno about an OMGPETZ!oneone version. The original was by Doc Doofus (or something like that) at MTS2 I believe.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 26, 05:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna just suggested I check there, and people on the last page do seem to find it works with Pets, so I'll try that.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 26, 05:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doc Doofus' hack probably won't break anything... however... after looking at the code, I don't think it is sufficent to have an overstuffed house. At least not without using hacks or cheats to teleport and/or add members manually. In other words, at least according to the "logic" Roll Eyes of the code, trying to ask sims to "Move-In" or having new babies or adoptin should theoretically fail because of the limits.

BCON 102x04: = 8 maximum sims

This was the original BCON value which Doc Doofus hacked and increased up to 127 I think. With Pets, there appears to be two new BCON values that limit the size of a family household.

BCON 15Bx09: = 6 maximum pets
BCON 15Bx0A: = 10 maximum household members

Now I know Squinge isn't a name that exactly instills quality or awesomeness Tongue but he does have More Family Members and More Pets Allowed in Family. Reports show that they do work, but I posted a question about the total family household limit here. I've yet to get a definitive answer as to whether you can actually move-in more sims once you've reached the default household limit of 10.

So... even though Doc Doofus' (and Squinge's) appear to work, increasing the household size to at least 10 (or 12 using hacks/cheats), theoreticaly the game should still limit the total household to only 10 sims and pets combined. At least that's how it should work if you try to use the Move-In option at least. It is supposed to check the following:

1) BCON 102x04 against the total # of sims (counting pregnancies as an additional sim)
2) BCON 15Bx09 against the total # of pets
3) BCON 15Bx0A against the total # of "family members" (I assume this includes sims AND pets)

Long story short... theoretically, to truly have an overstuffed lot, you should increase all 3 of these values.

One thing to note... Doc Doofus' hack also edits a single BHAV called Lot Full of Sims? This BHAV seems to compare the total # of sims, pets, and household members against these BCONs. Doc Doofus hacked the BHAV to always return false. However... I don't really think that is necessary. I mean, if you already have the BCON values edited to be a high number, say 127 (which I assume is the highest valid value a BCON can have), then for the most part, the BHAV will always return false. Unless you actually have a lot that has 127 sims/members. In which case, it probably would be a VBT to try and add another member. Tongue Plus, it would be pretty insane to have 127 sims/members on a single lot in the first place. Heh. Grin

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 26, 07:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doofus' hack (and Squinge's) do not allow the adding of extra Sims by combining families, though.

Reports say the unint props added in Pets DO allow this. This means those cheats are the way to go.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 26, 08:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean these?

Looking through my config-log file, I noticed some new cheats.

uintProp   maxTotalSims 10
uintProp   maxTotalHumans 8
uintProp   maxTotalPets 6

Anyone tried changing these, yet?

But what about this? Huh

the first one doesn't work while on a lot. haven't tested other conditions or cheats yet.

Does anyone know for sure whether these cheats definitely work?
Whether they allow you to combine households or only increase family household size via the 'Move-In' interaction?
And if they do work, is there a maximum value that you can set them to?
In other words, can you set them to any arbitrary number? Can it be > 127?
Or is it limited and can only go as high as N? If so, then what is the value of N? Tongue

Ste

PS. Squinge now has an alternate verion of his More Pets Allowed in Family hack to increase the overall household limit to 21. He's quite the genius hack daddy. Cheesy

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 26, 08:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it doesn't work on a lot... unsigned integer properties are global, so should be done from the neighbourhood.
Since I still haven't installed Pets, nor plan to really soon, I can't comment on wether or not they work or not.

Looks like they should either be in userstartup.cheat, or the global startup file in the game install folder.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 26, 09:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put them into my userstartup.cheat file with the numbers set to 20 and while I am able to merge families in the hood view, and try for a baby, and get a pet from the phone adoption or the pet store, I couldn't marry/move in/adopt a stray over the 8/6/10 limit.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 26, 09:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IC. So the solution is to use both the cheats, and a hack.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: