More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:27:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't get rid of default replacements!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't get rid of default replacements!  (Read 3769 times)
cianyde
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Can't get rid of default replacements!
« on: 2009 September 21, 19:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is driving me insane!I know its a long shot, but maybe somebody out there has a cure!

I DON'T like default replacements, I have never downloaded or installed any kind of default replacements.
And yet, I am stuck with these default replacement eyes that I absolutely abhor.

My Mods folder doesn't contain any default replacement eyes.
I know where these defaults come from, so I deliberately run a search for the file (after downloading it ) but its nowhere to be found (at least not in a pure .package form).
I completely deleted my documents/EA games and forced the game to regenerate= any new neighbourhood I create uses the original CAS eyes, but, when I re-introduce my saved neighbourhoods (just the save files, nothing else!) I am stuck with the replacement eyes in the saved neighbourhoods, but have the original eyes (in sims and in CAS) in any new neighbourhood I create.

I am forced to conclude that these defaults somehow get embedded in selected neighbourhoods saves.
I am convinced that they piggy back on lots I download and install.

Please...does anyone know what's going on and how I can get rid of these default replacements?Sad

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't get rid of default replacements!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 21, 20:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you take a screenshot of the eyes you're trying to get rid of? Someone here may recognize them and the file name may be something you didn't think of.

And did you try clearing your caches?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 18, 02:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have almost the same problem. I know what mine are though, they're the "Radiant" set from mod the sims, here's the page http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352656. They are default replacement. I grew tired of them so; I deleted the file, then went and downloaded a different set of default replacement eyes from mts3 (these in Shiny http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=363888), deleted all my caches, then restarted the game, the first eyes still showed in CAS. I've repeated this multiple times. Redownloading and emptying caches, going into CAS with no luck. I even tried just getting rid of any default replacement eyes and seeing if it would go back to the EA originals, but still nothing. All new sims and old still wear the radiant eyes. I've started new neighborhoods and they all have the radiant eyes on too in CAS, even when I had a different set installed.

Add-on: I've searched my whole computer for the radiant eyes file name, and deleted any thing that came up about them, with no luck in getting them out of my game. In fact I searched my whole computer for ANY weird random replacement eyes that got thrown in somewhere or put in a wrong folder and deleted those too. But yet here I am. And yes, it's driving me insane too. :/ I feel your pain...

Here's what the radiant eyes look like in-game. Just in case these are yours also.

« Last Edit: 2009 October 18, 02:36:47 by death owner » Logged
cianyde
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 30, 22:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out! It took me a while coz I'm not a computer person, but I might as well share my learnings with fellow sufferers.

The defaults are indeed piggy backing on downloaded lots.

They are hidden in the 'DC caches' in EArts-Sims 3 and are not visible on any search.

The only way I've found to deal with this is take preventative action: always rename the DC cache folder before I install a new lot (DC caches holds all official Sims 3 downloads but lots per ce are installed on a different folder). The sims installer recreates the folder and then when I'm done with installing the lot I delete the newly created 'DC Cache'  folder and re-instate the old one.Thus, I only get my lot, and nothing dodgy. I may be missing on other things that came with the lot though, I haven't play tested this extensively. This is obviously a computer illiterate person's way of dealing with the problem, but until some bigger brain posts a solution , it will have to do...

Deleting the DC Cache blindly, and the rest of the cashes, corrects the problem if one is stuck with hideous default replacements, but, also deletes all downloaded material installed into your game through the sims 3 pack format/sims installer.

Thats all I know:)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: