More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 00:07:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Reinstall order of events...additional help needed...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reinstall order of events...additional help needed...  (Read 13081 times)
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Re: Reinstall order of events...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 06, 01:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm...okay well my makeup doesn't work in a subfolder in either place, and my haks aren't working in the downloads subfolder.

Errors or normal? Any guesses?

Thanks,
Ivy

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
Re: Reinstall order of events...
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 07, 01:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm...haks aren't working anywhere.  I copied them over from the CD backup that I made, so I'm not sure which step I missed.

Well, I have re-downloaded them all and then some.  I will attempt to reinstall from there instead of using the backup cd.

Ivy

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Reinstall order of events...additional help needed...
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 09, 19:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks should definitely work in a subfolder.  I even have my Hacks subfolder divided up by creator.  Hope it all works out for you.

Vicki
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 09, 23:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I haven't had a chance to reinstall them (again!) yet to find out.  But obviously I did something wrong when I copied them over from the cd that I had them saved on.  Now what precisely that is, I have no idea...lol.

Just frustrating in a way.

In another way, I found some other haks that I want to use now...lol.  So it was good to go hak-hunting Wink

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 10, 19:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the haks are working now as they should.  Still doesn't make sense as to why none of them would work before...but they're all there now.

And try as I might, makeup does not work in a subfolder either for me.  I think this is normal.  It's unfortunate that everything can't go into its own subfolders.

Downloads and Saved Sims are going to end up one huge disorganized mess!

Ivy

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 10, 23:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry that happened! at least you managed to save something. When my HD crashed I didn't make a big deal about losing my sims stuff, since I lost more importan things anyways...

But now that I'm playing the game, I find myself missing thath very first family I made, and some very cute lots I spend sweat and tears building...*sighs*

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 11, 03:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can certainly understand that and sympathize, believe me!

The ones in this particular neighborhood have been around with me for a long, long time.  Without JM's fixes, I'm sure it would have died a long time ago.

Slowly I'm finding the stuff to replace what I lost.  It'll take a while I believe to find everything again!

I'm still missing some particular makeup that I really liked, as well as two outfits that I cannot seem to locate either at the moment.

After so many hours of looking at downloads trying to find them, you rather leave yourself with no time to play other than long enough to make sure you don't have any corrupted downloads! Viscious, viscious cycle!

I'm not giving up yet on the stuff I'm missing though.  Hopefully soon I will locate everything again!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: