More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 17:16:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims break up as soon as they get to a downtown lot.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims break up as soon as they get to a downtown lot.  (Read 9830 times)
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
My sims break up as soon as they get to a downtown lot.
« on: 2005 October 13, 03:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to send Nervous Subject out on a date with his GF.  When they get to a downtown lot, either maxis or custom lot, as soon as he gets out of the car he says "You're dumping me for someone else..."  and she says "you are dumping me for someone else..." then one of them says "That was a terrible date..."  Nervous disappears from the control panel, and I am stuck in downtown lot view with no sims, and I cannot do anything except exit without saving.  I was hoping the patch may fix this but it hasn't. 

I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the situation.

removed all custom content, including hacks - same thing happened.
removed the groups.cache - same things happened.
re-installed Nightlife after backing up my files - same thing happened

As far as I can tell it is only these two Sims that have this problem. I have sent both sims on dates downtown with other sims, and not had any trouble.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have only found one person with the same troubles, but they were absolutely no help whatsover.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: My sims break up as soon as they get to a downtown lot.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 13, 04:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always invite your girl friend, and when she comes, ask her for a date. The date will occur at home.

Be sure you have hot tub, bowling, stereo, and a bar - to satisfy the sims' wishes (except the dining with a sim wish).

It takes a longer time, but always ends as "dream date", and the girl brings flowers the next day.

Never make the dates at downtown, they will fail for sure. But you can manage a group of friends, and go downtown "just for fun" - it always is a big success...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 13, 04:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every date I have had has been Downtown and nearly all of them have been Dream Dates.  I've not had a bad date at all yet.  I certainly wouldn't have one at home, the date would probably spend the entire time on the swingset or playing the piano. 

As for a "You've dumped me for someone else" message - this EXISTS?  Does that mean there is an option to do this?  If so, where is it? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 13, 04:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really, really bizarre.  I honestly have to wonder if somehow a hack is still lurking in there somewhere.  I've had TONS of dates downtown that ended up being flops with one sim blatantly cheating on another (those romance sims!).  Enough so where they fell out of love and I've never, ever seen that sort of message.  It would be cool, though.  I'd love to have a break up option that doesn't force your sims to have a drawn-out relationship deterioration.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 13, 04:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=Ancient Sim link=topic=952.msg33819#msg33819 date=112917741

As for a "You've dumped me for someone else" message - this EXISTS?  Does that mean there is an option to do this?  If so, where is it? 
[/quote]

Yeah, I was blown away when I read that too............my sims have had some pretty bad dates and even if the two sims who are on a date talk with other sims theres usually no problem with either of them thinking they've been dumped for someone else.
Unless this interaction happens when two sims are on a date then the active sim asks someone else on a date at the same time??? I've never tried this, but maybe you can do that, I dunno. It would explain the 'dumping me for someone else' pop up.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 13, 07:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always invite your girl friend, and when she comes, ask her for a date. The date will occur at home.

Be sure you have hot tub, bowling, stereo, and a bar - to satisfy the sims' wishes (except the dining with a sim wish).

It takes a longer time, but always ends as "dream date", and the girl brings flowers the next day.

Never make the dates at downtown, they will fail for sure. But you can manage a group of friends, and go downtown "just for fun" - it always is a big success...Smiley.

Oh, Gali, you are missing out!  My sims have absolutely wonderful dates Downtown.  Sometimes I start the dates there and sometimes I start them at home then move them to a Downtown lot.  I've found something that really helps to get a date off to a good start, though, is to do enough interactions at the first of the date to get the time meter up to 4+ hours.  Then and only then do my sims 'dine out'.  If the dating sims get the wants early in the date, just lock them so they'll be fulfilled when they sit down at the table.  If you're not sure what the food is your sims want, click on the waiter and choose 'chef's choice'.

One of my sims had a date this evening and since I didn't want him to get a crush on the gal he was out with, they ate dinner, played pinball, bowled, joked, danced, etc.  Even though their date wasn't a dream date it was still decent.

I was experimenting last night and actually accomplished a Dream Date on a Downtown lot with two sims who had just met.  That's the first time I managed that, though.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 13, 07:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't be sure, but I think I got the "dine out with Sim" want fulfilled by eating at home on a date once.  Both Sims had the want, then they both sat down to eat, and the wants went away.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 13, 07:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook, it wouldn't surprise me.  I've thought of trying it to see if it works.  Of course it may've just gone away because they ate. LOL  I'll have to give it a shot on one of my sim's dates.  I have this Romance fella and I have an idea he may be doing a lot of his dating at home. Wink

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 13, 11:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised when I saw the "you're dumping me for someone else..."  too.  I will try to get a screenshot of it to show you all.  It really is bizarre.

I have tried every combination of things I could think of to fix this.  I have sent them both out on date with other people with no problems, and then gone back to send them out with eachother, and it happens again.  I have submitted a help question to Maxis, we will see what happens, I have provided them with the error log, mybe they can make some sense of it.   I surely can't.

Okay, here is the screenshot I promised.

« Last Edit: 2005 October 13, 11:54:32 by BetsyJayne » Logged

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 13, 12:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that this happens to Nervous. I haven't played in Strangetown for ages, but I have encountered a simillar problem in Pleasantview with Dustin and Angela. He invites her for a date and as soon as they arrive Downtown, the date meter pops up, but then cancels out and Angela walks off the lot. If I have Dustin hang around Downtown, Angela sometimes turns up as a wandering visitor to the lot. Dustin can interact with her just fine, until he asks her to make it a date and the same thing happens again, but this time I get the score for the start of a date.

I've been told that this is a glitch in the EP, and unless it's been fixed by that thing in the patch that prevents Dustin from continually bringing Angela home with him (although he hasn't brought her home once since I installed NL), I guess we're stuck with the problem.

Back to Nervous though ... the only time I played him, I noticed that he has no stats whatsoever. Maybe that is the problem and his GF finds him absolutely dull as a date. OK, so that sounds like I'm applying intelligence to Sims, but what I mean is, maybe there's something in the game code that makes Sims reject other Sims with no/low personality when they enter the date scenario? And poor old Nervous - being a Maxis-made Sim with altered game parameters (like Dustin) - can never go on a date without it ending in misery. It wouldn't surprise me one bit as Maxis are notorious for overlooking things like this.

One last thing ... did you make his girlfriend? Any chance of posting her on the MTS2 site as a downloadable Sim?
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 13, 13:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had Nervous and his GF go out on dates downtown before, and they have always had dream dates.  Then one day all of a sudden, this started happening.  They can have dream dates at their homes, but not downtown.  This happened I guess a couple of days ago, but until then, I had no problems taking them downtown for a date together.

I have had troubles with Nervous before.  I think he may just be a glitchy maxis made sim.  A few weeks ago, I turned on the game one day and couldn't load up his lot, it kept crashing.  I hadn't changed anything in my downloads or hacks, but everytime I tried to load his lot, it crashed.  I also seem to remember that when I first got the game I had troubles with his family (Circe and Loki).  (I did a full re-install a few months later when I upgraded my video card - it was like playing an entirely different game.)

I guess it really isn't a big deal,I mean it is just a game.  I just wanted to have Nervous Propose to his GF at a swanky restaraunt.  I just would really love to know what is causing this.

On a side note, I am really annoyed by part of this whole dating aspect of the game.  In order to have a "dream date"  you pretty much end up making the sims fall in love with eachother.  This causes no end of problems if you have your sim have dream dates with a couple different people.  Someone always shows up on the downtown lot that they have dated before and then they have to go through the whole "cheated on" scenario.  It gets really tiresome and frustrating.

www.curiousstate.com
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 13, 14:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As someone mentioned earlier, I sometimes don't want the dates to fall in love or even get a crush, so I try to keep things fairly light.  Unfortunately, they often autonomously flirt and affect that and there have been several occasions where the date has ended with them still just being friends until the autonomous kiss they do right after the date ends.  Several times I've seen that create a crush or a falling in love situation.  The teens behave totally differently, too.  One of mine had 2 lightning bolts for another teen she'd once brought home from school - I got him to invite her over and she walked right up to him and sweet-talked him, even though they weren't even friends (they were 29/29 or thereabouts).  After they went on a couple of dates they were best friends and in love with 3 lightning strikes. 

Oh, and I didn't realise that picture was Nervous.  It looks like Michael Stipe from REM!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 13, 15:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I didn't realise that picture was Nervous.  It looks like Michael Stipe from REM!

Hehe.  Loki did so many experiments on him that all of his hair fell out!

I figured it out!

I almost ashamed to say, because of how stupid I have been - for the past 3 days no less!  It al began when I had Nervous and Molly on a date on a downtown lot.  It was to be the date when he proposed.  They were sitting at the table eating when one of the guys Molly dated before Nervous walks into the place.  He smacks her around a bit, and the date meter tanks.  I ask you, what would you do?  I exited without saving.  I went to Nervous' lot and immediately asked Molly out on a date again.  Because I hadn't played her lot at all, I guess that the game/computer thought she was still downtown on a date, and whenever they would go downtown again, I got the error.  Because I kept having to exit without saving when the game errored, I just kept repeating the cycle.  All I had to do was play both of the lots long enough for both of them to be home from their dates, and all was well when they went out the next time.

Feel free to poke me with sticks now.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 13, 19:40:48 by BetsyJayne » Logged

www.curiousstate.com
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 13, 21:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That actually makes perfect sense!  Which is probably why nobody thought of it sooner.  Who'd have thought of this game making sense?  Wink  I think we're all so accustomed to the little glitches that when something like that happens we immediately jump to the conclusion that it's a bug.

Nah, no stick poking from me.... I'd have done the same thing as you.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 13, 21:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the "you're dumping me for someone else" message, too, but from repeatedly asking the gypsy for blind dates without ending the date the Sim was already on.  It's the easiest way to get the flaming bag of poo, for anyone who wants to see it.  I managed to get Cassandra Goth about five of them in one night.  Mortimer was a bit upset.  It was pretty entertaining, but I did exit the lot without saving, because I didn't want quite that many enemies.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 13, 22:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet Inges teleport shrub plus would work pretty well on a DT lot since you can selectively clear people off. (for those romance sims who date around and are always getting caught)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 13, 22:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "you're dumping me for someone else" is the message you get when a sim asks someone on a date when they're already on a date. First date ends badly and you get that message.
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 23:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "you're dumping me for someone else" is the message you get when a sim asks someone on a date when they're already on a date. First date ends badly and you get that message.

I guess it would have helped if I knew that about 4 days ago.  It never would have occurred to me to begin another date before ending one.  I just end the date as soon as I get a fugly sim from the gypsy lady and try for another.  I may be impatient, but not that impatient.

www.curiousstate.com
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 14, 02:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen the "you're dumping me" dialogue once, and it was kind of funny. It was my fault too, poor sims. I posted this at vs some time back, so I'll just paste it here:

I had a kind of funny situation like that, involving the first date I had one of my teens go on. He'd called up a girl, asked her out, and this is when I had the hack installed (I forget which one it was) that caused the dialogue boxes to all be blank, so I just guessed at what I was clicking. Apparently, somewhere down the line I'd mistakenly invited the entire family along on the date, so I hit "cancel". I then had the sim try to call the girl back, but she was not on the list of sims to call, so I had him call another girl, hit the correct boxes this time, and waited for the lot to load. It took a really long time to load. Too long. By the time he and his date finally arrived, there was a date meter already up, already finished. Obviously that date did not get a good score, as my sim was not even in attendance. It was with the first girl, too. What was funny, was that it was all in super speed, and both the first girl and the girl Joel arrived with were in serious bladder, hunger, and energy desperation, and I could hear these chipmunk voices yelling "Robba loobikah!", as well as the slapfest that went on when girl #1 saw that Joel had another date (a dialogue box popped up saying something to the extent of "how dare you stand me up!", but that was only on the screen for a split second). Once that was over, the second date proceeded as normal (even made dream date status!), with the first girl still hanging out at the bowling alley by herself. Hasn't happened again. I was bewildered, but I was also laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants.
Jump to: