More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:38:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims Go To Work In Normal Clothes Or 'As They Are'. Hack Conflict?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Go To Work In Normal Clothes Or 'As They Are'. Hack Conflict?  (Read 3499 times)
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims Go To Work In Normal Clothes Or 'As They Are'. Hack Conflict?
« on: 2005 November 04, 19:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that since installing the patch, my Sims have started going to go work in their ordinary clothes. Worse still, they sometimes go in their pyjamas or their underwear. I've even had a Sim get out of the bath and try to go to work naked. And yesterday, Angela Pleasant was trying to 'Read to ...' her toddler sister when the school bus arrived and she took the book with her to school (picture included). When she returned home, the book seemed to conflict with her homework and she placed the book on the previous days homework ... as if that was the homework. She then couldn't access her other homework, so I had to move the book. I had her do the previous day's homework, but according to Macrotastics, she still had homework left. Selecting that option brought up the icon for a task to do, but then clicked out. A few days later, her grades began to go down because she had an unfinished assignment. I even tried clicking on the book she carried to school, but it behaved like a normal book. I finally did a force error on Angela and that seemed to clear the problem.

Now this whole 'going to school in whatever they're wearing' thing could be a new bug, or it could be a conflict with a hack. I've looked through my hacks folder and can't see any obvious conflicts with one possible exception - the outfitplanner hack. It's the only thing that I could even remotely associate with clothing problems. It's also one of the hacks not on Dr Boris's OK list. I removed every other incompatible hack I had, but somehow, I missed this one. I've noticed that if I cancel a Sim's action to go to work, I can send them to a wardrobe and select the 'Dress in work clothes' option, but that really is the only way I can get them to go to work in their work clothes. I've had the outfitplanner hack in my game for so long that I can't remember if this is a feature of the hack, or a standard game function.  Undecided

Part of me likes the fact that my Sims go to work in their ordinary clothes as most of the work clothes are awful, but I'm not happy about them going to work/school in their PJs/undies/naked. If a Sim brings a friend home from work, they are in work clothes and NPC/Townie Sims are always in work clothes when they visit or are on Community/Downtown lots (I need to get the hack from MTS2 to nuke that).

I'm going to try running the game with the outfitplanner hack removed to see if it makes a difference, but somehow, I don't think this is the cause (although I'm willing to accept that it could be, as unlikely as it may appear). My question is, has anybody else experienced this? Is it a new game feature (very unlikely), a bug (possible), a glitch in my game requiring me to reinstall everything (yet again), or a known hack conflict?

Even though this problem is not a game-stopper, it's very annoying and any help would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Sims Go To Work In Normal Clothes Or 'As They Are'. Hack Conflict?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 04, 20:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on a thread (sorry, can't remember exactly where so I can't post a link) something to the effect that Maxis made the change in order to prevent sims from standing up and changing clothes while in the car. I've done a complete reinstall with and gone into a virgin neighborhood with no hacks or downloads installed and this has happened so I'm fairly certain that it is something in the Maxis programming and not a hack conflict.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 04, 21:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL, patched, and the clothing tool and I've not had any problems like this.
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 04, 22:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the clothing tool I'm talking about. The outfitplanner is a totally different hack and is now rather old, so it may be incompatible. But the previous poster pointed out that the thing about Sims going to work in their non-work clothes is intentional. Could be, but trust Maxis to not do it properly and have a glitch that allows Sims to go to work in their PJ/undies - same as what happens with YAs going to class in PJs/undies in University.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 05, 01:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAs going to class in pyjamas or underwear isn't a bug - it's intentional, if the sims are very Outgoing. (8 or more Outgoing points, iirc). These sims also wear undies to a toga party, which is annoying.

I've no idea about the rest of this, though.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: