More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:44:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Independent Teens
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Independent Teens  (Read 6199 times)
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Independent Teens
« on: 2005 October 17, 04:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there's this Independent Teens feature in Nightlife. I've encountered it twice now - once with the Broke family and now with the Williams family (obviously, one of my own created families).

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that this is completely pointless?

There is no warning that this is going to happen and there's nothing about in the Nightlife pamphlet ... er, sorry, I mean 'manual'. One day my teenage Sim is happily going to school while the family try to build up enough cooking skill and pretty objects to impress the private school headmaster, and the next day, the teen can't board the school bus or drive to school any more. Now my teen has to stay at home getting bored because she's the only person at home and her social motive is dropping. By the time everyone else gets home, she so tired that she just wants to go to bed, so she still doesn't get the chance to talk to anyone. She can't spend time with her friends because guess what they're doing? Yep! They're all at school. She can't get a full-time job, so she just does housework. OK, so she could clear off to college, but that means that her teenage life drop to eight days!

I have tried using various things to remedy this situation, but the only one that seems to work is the InSIMinator's aging tool. But that sets the teen back to the start of that life stage, and she's suddenly younger that her brothers and sisters.

Does have any one have any information on what this stage of the teenage period is supposed to be about?

And JM ... when you eventually get hold of a copy of Nightlife and set to tinkering about with the mechanics, could you PLEASE make a little something that cancels this out and lets my teen Sims stay at school? Pretty please?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Independent Teens
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 04:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think "Independent teen" is a feature of the Insiminator, itself, and not the actual game.

edited a billion times for spelling errors.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 05:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the Inteenimator installed?  This is a feature of it, once the teen reaches 18 they don't have to go to school anymore, although they are supposed to be able to work in the adult careers if they want to.

There is a 'patch' you can use to have them behave like normal teens if you prefer - I use it and mine are as they always were.  I don't want them doing adult jobs at 18, they reach the top of their careers soon enough as it is when they've been to Uni.  I prefer them to go to school and not hang around the house all day.  Wouldn't want my own teen doing it!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 07:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah this is not something that was included with the game.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 09:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've already got a teen in this situation and you didn't want them to be, you can use the schoolwork table from my site to keep their grades up.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 10:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might try that some time and have home-schooling!

Zephyr Zodiac
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 15:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a 'patch' you can use to have them behave like normal teens if you prefer - I use it and mine are as they always were.  I don't want them doing adult jobs at 18, they reach the top of their careers soon enough as it is when they've been to Uni.  I prefer them to go to school and not hang around the house all day.  Wouldn't want my own teen doing it!

Any chance of a link to that patch, pretty please? (And thank'ee kindly in advance). I adore everything about inTeen but the sudden staying home from school...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 17, 15:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of the Inteenimator flavour packs.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 17, 16:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance of a link to that patch, pretty please? (And thank'ee kindly in advance). I adore everything about inTeen but the sudden staying home from school...

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1766

It's in the second zip file: flavor packs. There are 5 of them. Read the documentation for them. There is one that keeps your teens as "teens".
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 17, 18:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Time for me to install the new version of Clean Pac Installer me thinks.

After reading the posts, I checked my downloads folder and found that I have Inteenimator on my PC. I have InSIMinator, but had passed on Inteenimator. So I guess it came with something else I downloaded. Serves me right for not being more careful. I was wondering why my teen Sims had so many more 'options' available to them. Now I know what it is and how to resolve the problem, I'll keep it in for a while and 'experiment'.

Thanks again peeps!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: