More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 10:52:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New survey on official BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New survey on official BBS  (Read 22670 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: New survey on official BBS
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 16, 12:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering Sims 2 is such a people game, I suspect personnel management will be a big factor.  I'm hoping for stuff like supply and demand, competitors (can I invite a successful competitor over for a swim?? Cheesy ), advertising, business loans, all the good stuff.  Probably more than most people will ever want to mess with.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 16, 14:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering Sims 2 is such a people game, I suspect personnel management will be a big factor.  I'm hoping for stuff like supply and demand, competitors (can I invite a successful competitor over for a swim?? Cheesy ), advertising, business loans, all the good stuff.  Probably more than most people will ever want to mess with.

Hook

Oooh. Must . . . resist . . . lure . . . of . . . tycoon game!

Argh. I have a weakness for tycoon type simulations. Building stuff and making obscene amounts of virtual cash. I actually don't really like that kind of game, but I can never resist them. I sure hope though that they play up the crafting angle. Allow user input into the craftifying. Whee! Customized robots! With FLAMETHROWERS!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 17, 03:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect crafting and personnel management will be as far as it goes.

I'd like to be able to see the following "event card", similar to the ones school kids get:

"Your contrarian stance to marketing has won you an interview with the city's largest newspaper.  This was published as a full two-page spread in the Sunday editiion.  This free promotion has an advertising value of approximately §1,000,000."

And yes, I've seen this in real life.  Wasn't me, darnit. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 17, 13:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gave them what, in my mind, are very good suggestions. Robots, more aliens, mutants, useful computers, roleplaying games. (Although I would rather fear a "roleplaying table," now that I see the compulsiveness that Maxis tends to give those sorts of objects.)

On the one hand, you've now given me the stupid hope that one day there might be mutant sims and I could finally make a complete Marvel Universe neighbourhood - they'd be too different (they'd have to be if only to avoid Marvel's utterly insane business partners), so I'm set up for inevitable disappointment.  On the other hand, if they do it and are cunning enough to make it moddable so copyright violation can be added in by a non-profiting third party, I'd have to give you my sister's firstborn or a kidney or something.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 17, 20:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Je parle un peu du français. Je puis livre meilleur que je écrire, et je écrire meilleur que je parle. Je suis pas mal en général, mais je ne pratique pas autant que je voudrais. (Je regrette si le grammaire est mal. Je ne sais pas comment le dire exactement.)
Je aussi.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 17, 22:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks whoever for the link to the hacked computer - article writing sounds good and I've got the download now, but the hack does rather too much for me.  One thing at a time like JM hacks suits me better.

Oh me too, and I usually try to avoid hacks that make game play easier (and that one does in several ways), but I have to say I love this one as it also adds lots of gameplay options. I got it for work at home, but now found I can have my teen sims save up money in accounts to buy the things they want instead of taking it out of family finances, and let them keep the money they make on jobs - even save it up to take to uni with them - can give children allowances too and if I've a group that saved for something (namely a house) and are living seperately, but I want one specially to get it, I can combine their money without using familyfunds or something, and... well the banking stuff is just cool.

Also I prefer shopping at home from the computer to buying the clothes rack - something I've always done as what's the point of downloading all those clothes if it's too hard for the sims to use them? (I make them have the money to buy 'em, but I don't want to send them shopping that often) and not having to deal with the delivery guy for groceries too (same thing, they still have to buy them and put them away).

Work at home and banking does make it easier (you can earn money and up skills at the same time) but it's still what I wanted for the mother created in CAS who has 6 kids - sorry she doesn't have time for a job, but still needs to earn a bit extra. Her country dr. husband just can't quite support them all fast enough on his own.

And I loved the at home stuff from sims1 (preserves - my guy made preserves until his hands fell off, I think Smiley and I don't want to take a cooking job until I get the candy thing (and for some reason that isn't the same anyway - by the time they get it, they just don't need it or something.)

*Anyway* way to long, but I do love the computer - thanks again!!!!

and am looking forward to business and hoping it adds more like that. The pets from unleased - I could do without. I had trouble with Hot Date and basically couldn't play sims1 after unleashed. Eventually I gave up.

Unsouper
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 18, 21:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the survey is already over?

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 21, 20:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Je parle un peu du français. Je puis livre meilleur que je écrire, et je écrire meilleur que je parle. Je suis pas mal en général, mais je ne pratique pas autant que je voudrais. (Je regrette si le grammaire est mal. Je ne sais pas comment le dire exactement.)

Exactly, no wait, I think I speak it better than I write it (after reading what I tried to write) I was in french immersion until I was 12, which was about 200 years ago.
Je comprends le plupars, mais je ne connais pas toujours les mots pour ce que je veux dire. Aussi, parce que mon école enseignaient Français parisienne, mais j'habite dans une ville ou la langue est plus Québecois, mon (ma?) grammaire est terrible.
J'ai pris un cours, mais la professeure était terrible. Elle vient de Québec et sa langue maternelle était Français, mais elle ne pouvait pas nous dire les mots propres. Je souviens beaucoups, peut-être assez que je connais que je besoin beaucoups de pratique. Utiliser ou perdre? Mon italienne est la même.
Je pense que cette petit message peut te montrer ma mauvais grammaire et...spelling, even I can see that my tenses are all over the place... heh heh

how embarrassing for me... so much so that I think I also lost some ability to spell in English Wink
I really wish that I could get it back, but I have lost so much that it's mortifying to try to speak it, and yet I realize it's the only way to get it back. My nephew just started french school, maybe I will practice on him. How embarrassing can speaking bad French to a 3½ year old who's just learning it be? Until he starts correcting me.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: