More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:49:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's begun...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's begun...  (Read 44159 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: It's begun...
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 17, 17:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Is JM now writing now writing the descriptions for the Maxis downloads?
An independent study by the Frock Laquer Conglomerate has proven beyond a doubt that flocked trees cause cancer, balding, fatness, aging and hunger. Alternative tree coating methods recommended by the study include gloss and flat laquering. Both techniques are guaranteed to not only protect the family from the horrors of flocking, but will keep the holiday tree fresh for decades to come! So when it comes time to buy your holiday tree, remember don't flock it! Frock it!
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 17, 17:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about it until just now in my perusal of one of the sims communities over at livejournal.

There are santa screenshots here for anyone interested.

A proud thread pirate.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 17, 17:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about it until just now in my perusal of one of the sims communities over at livejournal.

Thanks for that he sure is skinny though

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 17, 17:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God, that was funny!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 17, 19:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Is JM now writing now writing the descriptions for the Maxis downloads?
An independent study by the Frock Laquer Conglomerate has proven beyond a doubt that flocked trees cause cancer, balding, fatness, aging and hunger. Alternative tree coating methods recommended by the study include gloss and flat laquering. Both techniques are guaranteed to not only protect the family from the horrors of flocking, but will keep the holiday tree fresh for decades to come! So when it comes time to buy your holiday tree, remember don't flock it! Frock it!

Heh-that's what went through my head! Cheesy
The new Christmas tree is tiny! Even my sims got out their magnifying glasses Tongue They all had pictures of the tree with big red X's in their thought clouds..and this was my poorest family Undecided

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 17, 19:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is today's gift really a factoid and a lame ass blooper?  The wreath I liked, today I have to agree with everyone on the "rather have coal/flaming bag of poo". 
Yeah, that was kind of dumb. Tongue
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 17, 19:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is today's gift really a factoid and a lame ass blooper?  The wreath I liked, today I have to agree with everyone on the "rather have coal/flaming bag of poo". 
Yeah, that was kind of dumb. Tongue
I saw it and thought How Lame...................

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 17, 19:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me, too!  Bring back the coal!  Bring back the coal!  Now I'm sorry I started this thread.  Although, of course, seeing all the nutritional posts is fun.
I'm glad you started this thread.  It gives us a place to vent our frustration and complain about Maxis. Smiley
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 17, 19:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I ordered the Holiday pack in the end.  Not because I actually care about anything in it ('specially after I heard that the fireworks only singe rather than kill)....but because there will no doubt be creators out there who will use the Christmas objects to clone new stuff off of...and I don't wanna hassle with reading the fine print when I download in future.

That being said...I have to say that I coulda received more sim-bang for my sim-buck elsewhere.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 17, 20:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So even poor sims don't like the xmas tree! LOL! Very funny. They don't think the  pack was worth $15 simoleons!  lol

Yes: I vote for the coal too.

And yes! it is so nice to see a place that first and foremost ALLOWS bashing of Maxis especially when Maxis deserves to be bashed on this one -- and MATY does it with flare! Thanks JM!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 17, 20:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So even poor sims don't like the xmas tree! LOL! Very funny. They don't think the  pack was worth $15 simoleons!  lol

Yes: I vote for the coal too.

And yes! it is so nice to see a place that first and foremost ALLOWS bashing of Maxis especially when Maxis deserves to be bashed on this one -- and MATY does it with flare! Thanks JM!
its called  a no censor forum for a reason much to the chagrin of other sites I'm sure

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 17, 20:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, maybe I'm dense but what the heck does this mean:
 "If you already own The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack, click here to download the Holiday Party Pack again."
I looked at the download site on the BBS out of curiosity and saw that. Does anyone have a clue what that means?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 17, 20:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, maybe I'm dense but what the heck does this mean:
 "If you already own The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack, click here to download the Holiday Party Pack again."
I looked at the download site on the BBS out of curiosity and saw that. Does anyone have a clue what that means?
Maybe it's a link to redownload the pack if you need to if you've already purchased it.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 17, 20:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of sites claim to be 'no censor.'  Want me to list them??  heheheh....like we don't know them....
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 17, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots of sites claim to be 'no censor.'  Want me to list them??  heheheh....like we don't know them....

ahh but this one truly is a no censor site

PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 18, 01:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KFC is friggin delicious but I really like Popeye's (sp) better cause their biscuits are greasylicious and their gravy is spicy.
Ranch and Italian dressings are also delicious and are a compelling reason for me to eat salad. I'm getting soooo hungry now but I have no idea what we are having for dinner. (i was just threatened with tuna helper but we settled on pizza woohoo!)
The plastic wrap duct tape thing will definitely stop any worries about chemicals and terrorists. :-P
And Brynne when I read your comment about not cooking yourself I almost choked.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 18, 02:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell is this 'helper' ingredient?
I hear it used as in 'Hamburger helper' and now 'Tuna helper'??
Please don't tell me it is what I think it is....some sort of 'padding' to make food go further...though I suspect that's it?? If so..................Yuuuuck!!  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 18, 02:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hamburger helper is..................PEOPLE!!!    Cheesy

is it hamburger helper...or something far, far more terrifying?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 18, 02:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well in that case Zoltan, that makes it far more appetising!! Yuuum! LOL.

* I loved that movie btw*

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 18, 03:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hamburger helper is..................PEOPLE!!!    Cheesy

is it hamburger helper...or something far, far more terrifying?

Nah it's just noodles and sauce. It actually tastes good but I don't like to eat it very often if I can help it cause I can't say "They're Great!"

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 18, 10:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my Party Pack, and while Santa did not come down the chimney, he did materialize by the Christmas tree, bite the head off a Santa-cookie, and go pee six times in two Sim-hours.

GET THAT PROSTATE CHECKED, DUDE!

No, the pack isn't worth $15. $4.99 would be more like it. But I did fall in love with this little guy:

And this is what happens when you light too many strings of firecrackers, one after another...

There was a FLASH of FIRE, and then he just stood there for about five seconds, looking stupidly at the lighter.  Grin A two-dollar animation, right there.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 18, 14:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so glad I didn't order the game Grin I am content with the freebies Wink

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 18, 15:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait a minute, let me see if I got that right. If you are a loyal, longstanding customer and bought the game early on (contending with all the idiocy, such as bugs, insults from their techs, etc..) you have to buy the add-on. If you are a new customer, and just bought the game, you're getting the add-on's for free? (Sorry for being dim, but I try to avoid the official site. I only go there through links posted from people here to get their lots, sims, read their stories etc.)

If that's true, way to go ea/maxis. That's right, go and punish your loyal customers. We might just have gotten over our most recent frustrations, and we can't have that now, can we? The same goes for the idiotic 'reward' for pre-ordering. I never pre-order anything from ea/maxis, due to cautiousness, but those who were willing, but not able got punished for that as well. Nevermind that the butt-ugly car showed up in a lot I downloaded without even knowing it was included, again, it's the principle of the thing.

Who runs their PR department? Nepotism rearing its extremely ugly head perchance?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 18, 17:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley

Corporate greed is what I thought--but that nepotism thing, that explains the obvious lack of or lousey talent of their team, doesn't it? lol
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 18, 17:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley

Corporate greed is what I thought--but that nepotism thing, that explains the obvious lack of or lousey talent of their team, doesn't it? lol
I dont necessarily think the Maxis team lacks Talent I think in their thirst for money and the coporate mandate of keeping the Teen Rating  has stifled the creativity of the maxis team . for which we can blame  that nuisance Jack Thompson for threatening to sue Maxis over supposed "nudity" of the barbie and ken dolls more affectionately known as Sims. if ever was a case of the little men in the white coats missing a prime candidate for a padded cell Jack Thompson is it. I think if EA/Maxis would wake up and realize that they give more power to that nuisance than he deserves we might see the talent and creativity the Maxis team has returned.until that happens wer'e likely to continue to see party paks that are rip offs. at least the modders and creators out here arent bound by corporate mandate and greed so quality mods and objects from them continue to come out daily

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: