More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 12:50:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims missing from load screen pictures
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims missing from load screen pictures  (Read 9627 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Sims missing from load screen pictures
« on: 2007 January 02, 03:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be having a problem with random sims disappearing from the load screen for a couple of lots.  Only two lots so far, but it's got me worried.

The first one:  The parents had vanished...  On returning an adult sim to the house after graduating, in one play session I had the newly returned sim get married and give birth, while one of the parents aged to elder.  Next time I entered that lot, I noticed that the parents had returned, the child was visible, but the newly married couple had vanished.

The other lot that has recently been effected has a missing couple - Parents are visible, but the sim who has recently returned from uni and her new husband are missing.

Anyone know what causes this?  Anyone know how to fix it?  I've tried deleting groups cache, neighbourhood manager and the N00x_FamilyThumbnails.package file and nothing has helped.  Does anyone know if this is a sign of worse things to come?  Is my hood about to go splodey?
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sims missing from load screen pictures
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 02, 03:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd.

I have noticed this only in the last few days.  I first noted it when a dead sim was never removed from the portrait and since then I have seen missing sims as well as clipped, off center pictures.

No idea what causes it.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 02, 04:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Sim family with two grandparents, parents, a son, two dogs and two robots.  The parents did not show up on the loading screen.  When the father died from a ghost scare and was resurrected, his picture appeared in the loading screen, but the son disappeared.  When the son moved out and the robots were built, both parents do not show up...again.

Not sure if it's a glitch as a result of having too many people on the lot or what.  It's just annoying and doesn't affect gameplay at all. 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 02, 04:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's just a harmless glitch I'm not bothered.  I have heard of this sort of thing happening when lots are overfull, but these ones aren't - they have 6 sims max, no pets.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 02, 05:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same thing happen as well. It happened after installing Pets, so I'm guessing it might be a glitch related to that.

Basically, I had a sim graduate college and move home with his parents. He married his fiance and they had a baby. As soon as the baby was born, he and his wife disappeared from the load screen. It was basically the grandparents holding the baby. I tried moving them to a different lot, and that didn't help at all.

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 02, 08:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Ninerdeux family still has elder Pepper in the loading screen, even though she died many months ago while playing chess at the next door lot. I always assumed that had something to do with the fact that she died off lot. Her family all had memories of her dying, however, so I didn't worry too much about it. Maybe I should.

I kind of miss those unexpected flu deaths. I don't get them any more.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 02, 09:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a dead sim in your loading screen, this is the sign of undead family members. Try pushing "BRING OUT YER DEAD" on the Lot Debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 02, 14:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same issue on two lots; neither have more than five residents and it popped up after Pets. 

I moved one family to a different house (which I had planned anyway) and they all showed up on the load screen after the move.

The other character remains missing from the load screen; no effect on gameplay that I can tell.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 03, 00:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I've noticed in my game. In the Uni neighborhood I start my Ya's in a dorm and then when they make Greek friends, move them to the Greek house. Now if I am playing the Greek lot and ask the new member to move in, then the loading screen of the dorm will still show the Sims that moved as still living in the dorm. But as soon as I play the dorm lot, the loading screen will be correct the next time. Same thing happens with the loading screen of the Greek lot if I am at the dorm and use the phone to move to the Greek house. It doesn't show the newly moved in member until the next time that lot is played.

If I just moved some Sims around and I plan to stop playing for the day, I just enter each lot and save so that the correct Sims will show on the loading screen when I restart the game.

I don't know when the load screen strangeness related to moving Sims started. I first noticed it on Uni lots and then realized that it seems to happen on most lots no matter where they are located.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 03, 01:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen that sort of oddness at times too.  But this is not that!

Usually one sim couple will show up, but they'll be off to the side, as though the invisible sims are there - the gap is there for them, you just can't see them.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 03, 01:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I have that same problem with a few families that also started after installing pets. It's as if a lousy photograper took the picture and cut some of the members out of it.  Huh
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 03, 01:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Defintely since Petz.  THough I'm only noticing it in my main neighbourhood (Plesantview), but not Downtown or uni....and yeah, it's happening even in small (less than 8 member families).  Go figure!
« Last Edit: 2007 January 03, 02:15:16 by ilikefishfood » Logged

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 03, 01:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The load screen is unimportant. It's probably a side effect of possibly changing the slot positions in the family poser to make room for potential pets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 03, 13:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

side effect of possibly changing the slot positions in the family poser

I think they definitely changed the positions since I have some family members squished into the left edge of the screen.

Good to know it's just aesthetics.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 03, 19:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that with the Tricous in the house of falling trees.  In two hoods they both had 7 sims but only 2 or 4 showed up.  The picture seems to be too small in those houses.  It was a lot smaller picture than any other loading picture.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 03, 20:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A side note on the loading screens - pets on my loading screens seem to display quite badly. Quite often there are blue bands round their ankles or necks or blue lines where a coat pattern might go - has anyone else had this?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 04, 04:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A side note on the loading screens - pets on my loading screens seem to display quite badly. Quite often there are blue bands round their ankles or necks or blue lines where a coat pattern might go - has anyone else had this?
Yep. Ugly.

I just thought it was a graphics card problem or something.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 04, 09:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good old transparency issues... Sad

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 04, 10:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not only Petz. I have only up till OFB and a dead member is showing on the lot as well, like Moa's situation. *Gasp* is this the real culprit of the squiggly lines on that lot?! And to think nocorruptdeath would have prevented it...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 04, 23:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game this has been happening since Pets and so far has been mostly harmless.

If I change the appearance of one of the sims on the lot a new loading picture is generated with the correct residents, but it doesn't seem to happen automatically if a sim dies or leaves. 

A similar thing is happening with the neighbourhood lot picture, it isn't always updated automatically when the last sim leaves it, but if I change something that's visible from the neighbourhood the view corrects itself.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 05, 00:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the things I've noticed recently about the loading screens is that sims standing close to the edge of the "box" that the sims are shown in may have an arm cut off if they have their hand on their hip.

I've also noticed that my servos don't show up right, either.  The little green ball in the middle of the body is missing, so it looks like the top half is floating above the bottom half.

And I suddenly started having recently deceased sims still showing on the loading screen.  But when I play the lot the next time, save and exit, they are removed.  They used to be removed from the loading screen (and the n'hood view box) as soon as they died.

Haven't had any that were supposed to be there NOT be there - yet - however!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 05, 00:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that my servos don't show up right, either.  The little green ball in the middle of the body is missing, so it looks like the top half is floating above the bottom half.

I was in Create A Family debug mode last night and I noticed the servos were missing the green ball in the middle in the clothing previews.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 12, 07:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there might be a prob with regenerating loading screens cause I had a sim that cheated on her spouse so it generated a pic with the male with his back to her.  Which is normal except by the time I went to that house,their relationship was back to normal and no matter what I do,the pic won't change.  Teens are going to college so it will have to change and maybe it be a normal pic.  Even though she deserves to be shunned--that hussy!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 13, 00:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having this with some people hair now. The hair won't be missing, but there will be the blue band on the loading screen.

Since petz, my load screens for lots with more than eight sims are cutting off any younger family members that are past #8.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
daephene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 13, 23:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.  It seems to happen whenever there would be a change to the picture anyway, and in one family it was fixed after the next age transition.  It looks to me like the right half of the picture is missing.  The houses with pets actually don't seem to be affected, just the ones without.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: