More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:22:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Befriending yourself?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Befriending yourself?  (Read 7841 times)
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Befriending yourself?
« on: 2006 January 03, 00:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok....so maybe I've read about this somewhere, but for life of me I can't find the thread.  What's with Simmies wanting to be friends with themselves?  I've got all of them wanted to do this.....and some romance ones wanting to flirt with themselves.  Is this a Maxian muck-up?  I really hope it is, and it's not a result of any of my can't-play-without-them mods.  Is anyone else getting this problem? Am I the last one off the ship? Does everyone already know about this and they're just ignoring it?  Is there a fix?

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Befriending yourself?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 03, 00:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the handheld, so you need the handheld fix.   Then, if you go into simPE you can edit out those annoying memories!

Zephyr Zodiac
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 03, 00:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speedy response there Zephyr!  But I have TJ's NLNohandheld&MP3 autonomy fix (wasn't it a nightmare playing without it while TJ updated the mod for NL?!!)...which includes the fix for the befriending yourself prob.  Unless some other mod is overriding that mods fix of the issue.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............all my recently added mods are from here, so I'm at a loss  Huh

I had a major issue with NL for the first few weeks of owning it, and ended up with such a fubar'd game that I did a complete reinstall and started with all new families and everything.  So I'm really only now getting down to the business of playing NL and noticing the problem.  It's not the end of the world; I mean the want eventually goes away.....I just hate not knowing what's causing it.

But thanks a mil' though, Zephyr.  I can always rely on you to respond.............You rock!  Cheesy

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 03, 00:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a female child who just started spinning wants of being friends with herself and wanting to talk to herself...

no handhelds are owned by anyone in my n'hood
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 03, 00:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a female child who just started spinning wants of being friends with herself and wanting to talk to herself...

no handhelds are owned by anyone in my n'hood

So your issue just started cropping up too? (btw, not many of my Sims have handhelds either, and the prob is coming up in ones that don't).  Hmmmmmmmmmm........

(Aside to SleepyCat: Great to 'see' you here Sleepy!  Happy New Year!)

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 03, 00:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is happening in a fairly new neighborhood, the child is only 2nd gen and I'm really careful so I have no idea why she suddenly started wanting to talk to herself (she has friends her own age she can talk to since she lives at a "home for unwanted kids")

I didn't have the handheld fix in, didn't think I needed to worry about it since no one in the n'hood has any (its in now so we'll see)

Hey Toni, great seeing you here too! Cool  Best wishes for a great year!  I think MATY has become my new home. I spend to much time here but I learn so much...and it dosen't matter if we go off-topic *laughs*
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 03, 01:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are getting the want to talk to themselves too!  And my neighbourhood is very new.  1st gen.

We feline types are drawn to the cooooooooool places.  I'm here at MATY all the time, I jus' don't talk much!  Me? Not talk much? Can you imagine?!! 

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 03, 01:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are getting the want to talk to themselves too!  And my neighbourhood is very new.  1st gen.

We feline types are drawn to the cooooooooool places.  I'm here at MATY all the time, I jus' don't talk much!  Me? Not talk much? Can you imagine?!! 

Well I put in twojeffs handheld fix so maybe that will help  Undecided  Since I'm just getting this n'hood going I hope I don't have to scrap it and start all over again but if I have to I will, better now then when I'm much farther along  Tongue 

I think I'm gonna go play for awhile, I really just want to go to bed but can't (gotta get my daughter to bed first) of course if I play I will end up being up alot longer...

us feline types are pretty cool ourselves so I guess we can't help finding places that are as cool as we are *laughs* You need to post more tho, your too quiet and it's not normal for you  Wink
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 03, 01:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neighbourhood is over year old and has handhelds all over the place, but I can't remember seeing that want.  I'm in the control group (no hacks), because I'm still waiting for the perfect hack to come along.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 03, 02:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your sims by any chance been Making Out or Woohooing in the hot tub? There's a bug associated with that because the sims switch position halfway round, which leads to, say, Max getting a memory along the lines of "Made Out With Max for the First Time - It's such a thrill to kiss someone new!". Very, very freaky.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 03, 02:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have your sims by any chance been Making Out or Woohooing in the hot tub? There's a bug associated with that because the sims switch position halfway round, which leads to, say, Max getting a memory along the lines of "Made Out With Max for the First Time - It's such a thrill to kiss someone new!". Very, very freaky.

I think the bug you are referring to happens this way:
Joe and Jane are in the hot tub. Joe is currently selected.
You click on Joe to make out with Jane.
You then make Jane selectable.
You click on Jane and tell her to make-out with Joe.

I think the switching between which sim is the selectable sim when they are making out is what causes the problem. (Or at least, that's what I remember reading.)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 03, 02:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well in my case the sim affected is a child
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 03, 03:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have JM's handheld fix, and actually no handhelds in my game, but the fix is in anyway, just in case... I've been round all 30+ houses for at least 2-3 days, some a couple of weeks, getting them all sync-ed with the Lot Timer - and I haven't come across this particular want once.  I must say, if a sim starts the woohoo routine, they're the one to finish it, I never switch, but since a child is also affected there must be other things causing this to happen!  could it possibly be a new bug associated with the teddy bear or the toy car?  who knows?

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 03, 03:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a teddy bear on the lot... None of the kids have even touched it (or adults, thanks to twojeffs "no talk through" fix)

*was to tired to play tonight after all*
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 03, 04:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this bug a couple of times, ONLY with children. I always thought it was one of those stupid random bugs that aren't really caused by anything in particular. I once had a poor little girl who has all her want slots clogged with wanting to be friends with herself, etc. And she pretty much stayed that way until she turned into a teen, at which point her wants became normal. Since it didn't appear to be causing any real problems, I didn't try to fix her.

It will be interesting to see if there is a cause for the bug. I sort of blamed the handheld for it when that bug came to light, but none of the households had handhelds and none of the children had ever used them.

I do use teddybears though. All my kids have them. Yuck, another teddybear glitch?

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 03, 07:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was just a thought, and after all, there is the "talk through" thing!   I think the trouble is that certain objects are being made too complicated, and have too many different actions attached to them.

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 03, 11:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there are hardly any Sims in the neighbourhood, they'll want to become friends with themselves. Apparently the game tries to set the want to a random aquaintance who is not a friend yet, and if none can be found (because your hood has no Sims in it), the Sim itself is selected.

Spawn some townies to prevent this from happening.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 03, 12:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, interesting but there are some children in the neighborhood she dosen't know yet and the game has also spawned a few townie children that she also hasn't met yet either
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 03, 15:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She won't want to be friends with them if she hasn't met them, so it doesn't matter how many other kids there are in that sense.  I used to get this want and similar wants all the time, but once I banned handhelds it stopped and hasn't returned.  I have restarted Pleasantview and at present only have the original families, but no one has spawned any wants like this up to now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: