More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:30:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another possible romancemod problem?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another possible romancemod problem?  (Read 7302 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Another possible romancemod problem?
« on: 2005 December 28, 13:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woohoo'ing in a hot tub on a public lot no longer gets the "public woohoo" icons or memories.  Is this related to romancemod, possibly, or is it something else I need to dig for?  Said woohoo happened at the Midnight Flows lounge in the hot tubs on the top floor.  Happened a couple times, actually, even had people standing by and nada.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Another possible romancemod problem?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 28, 13:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think that was changed by Maxis when they installed Uni - I never ever got a public woohoo from a hot-tub after I'd installed it, even before the original Romance Mod went into my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 28, 14:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.  Huh.  I usually use the photo booth or changing booth, so I thought it was new.  Oh well.  That's weird.  Can we add hot tubs to count as public woohoo then??

C

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 28, 14:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He he, I am VERY glad to hear it! All my Knowledge sims, after woohooing in the hot tub, showed a want which stayed very long time - "public woohoo with 3 different sims".

Now I can send them to woohoo freely in the hot tub...Smiley. Saves me head acke.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 28, 14:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think that was changed by Maxis when they installed Uni - I never ever got a public woohoo from a hot-tub after I'd installed it, even before the original Romance Mod went into my game.

I can concur that this has nothing to do with the romance mod (which I've never installed). When I first got the game (got uni at the same time) I went crazy trying to fulfill the public woohoo want with the hot tub. Nadda. Zilch. I then went hunting around at the BBS and found out (pre-NL) that the only thing that counted as a public woohoo was the clothes changing booth.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 28, 14:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Public woohoo can only occur in the changing booth or the NL photo booth. Woohoo in a hot tub, public or not, doesn't count.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 28, 14:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Public woohoo can only occur in the changing booth or the NL photo booth. Woohoo in a hot tub, public or not, doesn't count.

That's great news. Now my girl won't get pissed when I...wait a minute, you're talking about the game right? Damn.

Instant gratification takes too long.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 28, 16:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, woohoo in a hot tub on a public lot counts as Public Woohoo for the purpose of the short-term Want-slot Want, but it doesn't generate a memory token and therefore doesn't count toward "Public Woohoo with Forty-Seven Different Sims" and so on.  See press release.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 28, 17:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said before, I think it only counted towards any kind of Public woohoo want pre Uni.  It certainly doesn't fulfil the want in NL.  (I can remember when a visiting sim walked into a bedroom just as the resident sims were in the middle of a woohoo in bed, the romance sim got the Public Woohoo want  fulfilled!  Possibly they changed it for Uni because of the likelihood of so many more adults living on the same lot and the want would therefore be too easy to fulfill.)

Zephyr Zodiac
ilikefishfood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 28, 21:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By my recollection hot tub whoo hoo on a public lot never counted for public whoo hoo even in the base game.  Lord knows I nearly killed some of muh Simmies trying...........they had fun though!

"Chaos, panic, disorder; my work here is done."
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 28, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At some point it definitely fulfilled the immediate Want-slot Want for Public Woohoo, but not the memory-based ones.  At least in my game!  (No hacks at all installed at the time.)  Maybe we were running different stepping levels...   Cool
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 28, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took me I don't know how long before I figured out where they'd hidden the darn hot tubs!  And how come doing it in a hot tub in your front garden in front of the mail-person, the maid, the gardener and two passing townies isn't "Public"!

Zephyr Zodiac
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 29, 08:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's be fun if there was some way for the game to check - like "woohoo happening - are there any sims that don't live on the lot in the same room", and if yes, it counts as public...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 29, 10:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if humans did it it would not only be public, but probably arrestable! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 29, 13:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, back to my question, is there any way to make public woohoo in a hot tub count as public?

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 29, 17:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the memory text would remain similarly wrong. I don't really consider this issue sufficiently pressing to be worth the maintenance overhead, though. It's a not a new thing, and we're pretty much used to it by now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 29, 20:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a photobooth is way cheaper than a hot tub (apart from the love-tub).

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: