More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 18:55:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Graphical glitches with lighting and hairstyles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphical glitches with lighting and hairstyles  (Read 2529 times)
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Graphical glitches with lighting and hairstyles
« on: 2010 January 22, 20:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only just noticed this but its' rightly annoying: With all hairstyles in CAS, the lighting effects have turned all blocky and pixellated. This results in the hair looking like its' been censored or somesuch. I've added no new CC, changed nothing, so what gives?

Possibly related, and I don't know if it belongs in this forum- Spore and TS3 just do NOT seem to get along. If I run TS3 after I've run Spore, it breaks the shit out of Spore. The splash screen goes white with a set of corrupted pixels in the corner, the HUD corrupts so you can't see anything, and the only solution I've found is a full reinstall (restoring every single file in there had no effect). Does anyone have any ideas? It's driving me ballistic. I'm actually enjoying Spore, but reinstalling it EVERY DAY is getting on my nerves. I don't even have to have run TS3 100% of the time for it to shit itself either. And no, I've found no mention of this anywhere... believe me, I've looked.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: Graphical glitches with lighting and hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 23, 14:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you have some serious graphical issues. Are your drivers all up to date? Is your graphics card supported?

I have neither the hair problem nor the Spore problem. I launched Sims 3, played my family for a bit, went into CAS (where I noticed no anomalies with hair) and then quit and launched Spore without a problem. I then ran Sims 3 again, followed by Spore AGAIN, and still no problems.

ALSO:

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Graphical glitches with lighting and hairstyles
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 23, 21:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT... and come to think of it, why haven't I thought to actually check the supported cards list?... I am a wally. Though I would think it would work.

Augh. Thanks. I blame my recent use of Facebook on that one. Trying to find other people that speak anything approaching English there is nigh-impossible. Da chatspeek, it r infctin mah brainz.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: