More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:36:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wedding question..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wedding question..  (Read 8659 times)
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
Wedding question..
« on: 2008 March 31, 14:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried searching a thread about this but didn't find any, so here's my latest dilemma:

Is there any possible way to make sims marry under the wedding arch without them having to put on that lame Maxian wedding dress?

Yes, I know I could use the "Propose"-command and they would get married in whatever clothing they have on, but it's not as romantic as under the arch! It would be like:

"Wanna get married, honey?"
"Sure, and can I have some fries with that too?"

And the "lovely" wedding dress, that all brides from Pleasantview to Veronaville recycle in their weddings -- B00000ring!
And what about goth-brides? Or Pleasantview's own Dina Caliente, who wants some real glam in her wedding?

You know, I'm really getting frustrated with this, so please HELP ME if you can!

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Wedding question..
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 31, 15:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get OFB or higher, or download the "Formal Wedding" hack by TwoJeffs, found here http://www.simbology.com/mods/index.php?dir=dead%2F

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 31, 15:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can plan their formal outfits ahead, then when you use the arch they will auto change into whatever you have planned as their formal outfit...this is what I do for everybody before a wedding I plan the formal outfits of everyone first then do the wedding this way everyone including guests have on what I want them to be wearing

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 31, 15:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can plan their formal outfits ahead, then when you use the arch they will auto change into whatever you have planned as their formal outfit...

Only if you have Open for Business or a later expansion pack.

ISTP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 31, 16:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you have OFB or later and do this, make sure to change their formal outfit back to something you'd like them to wear as a wedding guest. I had a sim show up for her son's wedding in her wedding dress and hairstyle as I'd forgotten to change her default dress.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 31, 17:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can plan their formal outfits ahead, then when you use the arch they will auto change into whatever you have planned as their formal outfit...

ahh thank you...I did not know that..

Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 31, 22:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I have all the expansions and stuffpacks.

I once tried to plan their outfits before the wedding, but for some reason they just changed into default wedding outfits under the arch.  Huh

I think I'm gonna try TwoJeffs' hack, but thanks for all the tips you gave me!

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 31, 22:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh thank you...I did not know that..

Heh.  Neither did I.  First wedding after loading OFB, poor simEmma had to get married in dark formalwear.  Mind you, she was "living in sin" at the time so perhaps a white wedding dress was not "required".  Wink

Tribulatio proxima est
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 01, 01:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you have OFB or later and do this, make sure to change their formal outfit back to something you'd like them to wear as a wedding guest. I had a sim show up for her son's wedding in her wedding dress and hairstyle as I'd forgotten to change her default dress.

That happens to me all the time.  Especially awkward when the mother of the bride isn't an elder yet.  I've also had two sisters show up at their younger sister's wedding, BOTh still wearing their wedding dresses.

PB

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 01, 02:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the "This dressed was damned expensive, and if you think I'm only going to get one day out of it you've got another thing coming" tactic to cover it, but obviously it would be pretty dumb if it happens again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 01, 05:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once tried to plan their outfits before the wedding, but for some reason they just changed into default wedding outfits under the arch.  Huh

You did plan the Formal outfits, right?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 01, 07:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to me all the time.  Especially awkward when the mother of the bride isn't an elder yet.  I've also had two sisters show up at their younger sister's wedding, BOTh still wearing their wedding dresses.

PB

I always do that!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 01, 09:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, wear your wedding dress to your sisters' weddings?  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 01, 09:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of COURSE!  How else are you going to play "Guess the Bride" with all your extended relatives you've seen maybe twice in your life?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 01, 10:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, wear your wedding dress to your sisters' weddings?  Tongue

I am wearing it right now! Veil and everything. Just call me Miss Havisham. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 01, 10:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any possible way to make sims marry under the wedding arch without them having to put on that lame Maxian wedding dress?
Isn't that standad now? EAxis removed the EAxis wedding dress code ages ago.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 01, 10:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that standad now? EAxis removed the EAxis wedding dress code ages ago.

I don't think the OP has the relevant EPs that removed the code.

Oh and isn't it standard? Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 01, 10:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEATH TO EMMA.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 01, 10:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PB

I always do that!

Me too. I once had a sim get married to Meadow Thayer. Except her dress was some random formal one that really wasn't appropriate for weddings, and the grooms sister turned up in her wedding dress and veil that I had forgotten to change. I had to keep the sister out of the pictures! It was really confusing. Speaking of which, at the sisters wedding two female sims turned up in the exact same dress, so I whacked them in as bridesmaids and another sim as the best man.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 01, 13:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I have all the expansions and stuffpacks.

I think I'm gonna try TwoJeffs' hack, but thanks for all the tips you gave me!

There are hacks out there that replace the old behaviour so that they wear the standard wedding outfits. Have you scanned your downloads folder to see if there's something that's sneaked in that you didn't know about? (Would happen when installing downloaded houses)

ISTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: