More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:25:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  random townies related? huh?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: random townies related? huh?  (Read 2311 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
random townies related? huh?
« on: 2005 December 10, 01:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been trying to get young Willow Hatch (the girl in my avatar) to get "more than friendly" with Sabastian LeTourneau, but after hours spent on LizzLove's autonomous bed & no sparks a-flying, I tried to force the issue only to discover that the game considered them related! Went into SimPE to fix this, and saw that Sabastian is marked as a sibling with some of the townies in the game, including Destry Hanby, who was Willow's dad before passing to the great beyond. I also noticed that he's marked as a sibling with Ted Phelps, who also showed up as family to some of my Hatch-family sims. Sure, this is easy enough to correct in SimPE, but why in the world would the game consider these guys siblings in the first place?! Anyone else seen this kind of oddity?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: random townies related? huh?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 10, 01:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean downtownies as opposed to townies, there are around 7 of the teens who are 'siblings'.  They're all supposed to be the children of Jon Smith/Jonathan Tricou, although not 'officially' as they're not in his family tree or related to his real children.  I thought at first they'd done it so the teens didn't fall for each other, leaving them free to get involved with our own teens, but it seems more probable now that it was done so there would be sims available who could resurrect the Tricous for those who wanted to play them.  It could even be a bit of both. 

I think it's stupid, especially as the siblings in my game are all totally unlike each other and come in all colours.  I've removed the ticks - when and if I resurrect the Tricous I'll do it in SimPE and without the excess baggage of all those teens in the family.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 10, 01:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, its possible that they are downtownies, as 2 of them had the Pleasure aspiration when I got around to looking. I agree though that it makes no dang sense for the game to think of them as related, as they all have different genetics & surnames. More fool me I guess for expecting anything in this game to make sense anyway! Thanks for the info!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 10, 23:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I treat them as related, but don't actually move them in with the family, and assume they all had different mothers which would seem to be the case since they all have different last names.  It makes more sense when you look in simPE and find that Jonathan Tricou was originally Knowledge, not Family - that appears only to happen when he's resurrected - and some Knowledge sims do seem to be nearly as bad as Romance sims, I find!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: