More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 04:14:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hi Everyone! and a question for NL patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hi Everyone! and a question for NL patch  (Read 2502 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Hi Everyone! and a question for NL patch
« on: 2005 November 30, 22:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I had Simpotence for a while. But now I'm back into the game. A lot to catch up here. But first I have a question. I just installed NL patch. First the patch did not install. So I uninstalled the NL as instructed. Everything installed smoothly. But I can't enable neighbors, you know, to see your neighbor's houses when in a sim's house, and click to directly switch to another house to play. The choices in the option section are all greyed out, including the view distance. Before the patch, none is greyed out. But since I could only invite 2 guests, I changed the graphic rules to recognize 2000 as high, 1800 as medium, and 1000 as low, as somebody suggested somewhere.  That three numbers are the only things I change in that file. After the patch, no matter how low I change the numbers to, all the choices to see your neighbors' houses are still greyed out.

I have AMD 2.1 GHz, ATI9800Pro, and 512 ram. plenty hard drive. I can also set smooth edges with no problem.

Anybody has any idea?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone! and a question for NL patch
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 30, 23:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check out the posts under "graphics card."  Some great info there.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 01, 01:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have trouble getting the clickable neighbors button to click (took me awhile to figure out). You kinda have to click on the edge of it and mouse over it a bit to find the clickable spot. I can't remember if it looks grey or not, but I thought I didn't have that option at first.

I have a lousy card and can only invite 2 guests and don't get popups for the cute little scenes (and my water is grey, tho I'm not sure it's always been that way :p), but I have clickable neighbors. If just playing with it a bit doesn't work, I think I'd reinstall NL to get the original graphic rules file again <scuffle, sorry but it seems like it isn't reading it right> (maybe delete what's in there now so it'll pull it off the disk again) and then patch again. After you get it working, if you want to change the file after patching - seems like it might work better that way.

Unsouper
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 01, 10:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some what the same problem my selectable neightbours is turned on but when I click on a occupied house I get such and such live here but and on the bottom of the popup it just says ok there is now no yes or no options. I didnt notice this until after I installed the Xmas party pack.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 01, 21:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for replying.

Meek_Monkey, what you described seems to be the case if you have selected a child and click a neighbor house. If that happens when you selected an adult, then I don't know.

Ok, I will try to uninstall, and then only install NL to see what will happen.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: