More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 05:34:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV- Please help the UNawesome
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV- Please help the UNawesome  (Read 3554 times)
skoop
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
BV- Please help the UNawesome
« on: 2007 November 18, 15:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am soooo unawesome.  I usually just lurk and learn.  Shocked

I used the tutorials on this site to combine my neighborhoods into one using clean neighborhoods. I have been playing successfully for months, no problem. (Thank you!) Now I am considering BV. If I just install it over my current set-up, will my game explode? I do know enough to back up my game before I install anything, and my hacks are all MATY. I also know to remove the hacks on a new install...(I have the all EPs including Seasons, and some stuff packs, not H&M or later.)

Please feel free to laugh and poke with sticks.  Grin
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
Re: BV- Please help the UNawesome
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 18, 16:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a thread discussing how one should go about installing a new expansion pack here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9392.0.html
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 November 18, 20:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are running EPs from the CD (and not from a no-cd crack), you should be fine (otherwise, replace your no-cd '.exe' file with the original '.exe' file for that EP.  Also good idea to remove CC (save to desktop or somewhere else safe) during the install.  Follow the tutorials.

If you experience problems after installing BV, read threads on removing SecuROM.  You will also have to update your awesome hacks (easy using the latest BV director's cut).

Tribulatio proxima est
skoop
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 November 18, 21:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Will I lose the customizations? Will my game revert back to the Maxis neighborhoods?

I use Game Jackal to boot my games. I am so clueless, but I don't think that qualifies as a no-CD hack. I do plan on doing what I can to avoid SecuRom, however.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 19, 05:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will I lose the customizations? Will my game revert back to the Maxis neighborhoods?

I generally move my custom neighbourhoods out and back them up before installing a new EP (well, I back up all the neighbourhoods).  After installing the EP, if you move your neighbourhoods folders back into the Sims2\Neighborhoods folder in the My Documents section, and move your CC clothes, objects, etc. back into the Downloads folder, your sims should not lose any customizations.  The game will update your 'hoods to be compatible with BV (save your old backups - the BV versions of your 'hoods will not be compatible with earlier EPs, if you decide to ever unload BV).

You should make sure that your CC objects are compatible with BV, and get the latest director's cut of Awesome hacks.  Incompatible hacks are a major source of problems for a lot of people.  As some modders have dropped out, some of your current hacks may not be available for BV (if you use a lot of non-awesome hacks, anyway).  There are discussion threads on this here if you search using the name of the hack.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 19, 17:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Will I lose the customizations? Will my game revert back to the Maxis neighborhoods?

I use Game Jackal to boot my games. I am so clueless, but I don't think that qualifies as a no-CD hack. I do plan on doing what I can to avoid SecuRom, however.

Be aware that GameJackal does not work with BV (I used it too, up through Seasons, but now they've changed the damn protection scheme.)  You will need the actual no-CD hack.  On the bright side, it's actually less of a pain in the ass to set up than a GameJackal profile.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: