More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 08:34:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Family moved in by game.....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family moved in by game.....  (Read 4022 times)
Mirandia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Family moved in by game.....
« on: 2009 June 15, 12:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I was playing a saved game, with only one actively played family. As is my habit, I had my Bridget read the paper and it said that a new family had moved into the neighborhood... The Mitchells (a family I had created and added just to have them).

Nothing odd about that except that Bridget was living next door to them. I went to Edit Town and went searching and found them surely enough on the far side of town.  They were exact clones of my Mitchells next door, down to traits LT Wishes and all.

So I am thinking one-time glitch. Not so. Later when playing a Multi-Family neighborhood where I was rotating between 3 families every 4 Sim Days or so, I read in the paper that the Petersens have moved into the neighborhood. Now the Petersens are one of the three families I am rotating.

Not that I mind new families moving in and keeping things lively... I do NOT want clones. I do not want to waste my time at the park building relationships etc only to find out that they are the CLONE and not the original. Is there anyway to prevent this moving in of existing families or Sims. And, what is the best way to rid myself of the ones that have already spawned in my 2 neighborhoods?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Family moved in by game.....
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 13:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, you can simply go to the houses of your clone families in neighbourhood view and evict them.  They will go to the clipboard and you can delete them from there.  This does not, of course, guarantee that the game won't regenerate them, or someone else.

Tribulatio proxima est
Mirandia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 13:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya, that is how I handled them.  I was just really really hoping that there was a way to prevent it in the future.  It is really disheartening to work on a relationship only to find out that you were chatting up a clone.

--crosses fingers for an Awesome Solution in the future--
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 13:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't keep copies of famblys in the library. Once you place them, delete them from the library. The game will reuse the library.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 15, 13:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete families from your Library (neighborhood bin), otherwise the game considers them as an option to move in as a "new" family.
If for some reason, you want to keep a copy, backup your Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims3 \Library folder and then delete the contents.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: