More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 23:31:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrecting is bad?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrecting is bad?  (Read 4114 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Resurrecting is bad?
« on: 2006 May 09, 11:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen on other posts that resurrecting the ghosts in Olive Specter's graveyard is apparently a bad thing?  And also the ghosts that inhabit Veronaville.

Why is that, exactly?  What bad things will occur if I damn the torpedoes and go full steam ahead and resurrect them anyway?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Resurrecting is bad?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 09, 11:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it really just depends on who you resurrect & how you do it. 

You need to be aware that some ghosts are missing personality traits and if the hair/clothes they were once wearing did not make it into the shipped version you can end up with some interesting looking faces. I posted in the other thread about how you can get around this.  To fix the personality trait issues you will need a program like SimPe.

I highly recommend you back up your game before resurrecting anyone so if you are unhappy with the results you can always go back to your saved copy.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 09, 12:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrecting being bad can be summarized in one line:

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 09, 13:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The biggest problem is the fact that some of these sims are missing DNA. Attempting to breed them can result in glitches and even game crashes. However, the vast majority of live sims in Strangetown and Veronaville are also suffering from this problem, so really, it's all the same. You're screwed no matter what you do. Personally I have never had any game-ending problems with the resurrectable sims in any of the neighborhoods (except for that guy who has no Aspiration and is missing enough of his character data to cause his face to suddenly fall apart into grotesque angular shards).

You can fix their DNA in SimPE before or after resurrecting them if you plan to breed them. For info, see Peasantry for the thread called "Correcting the DNA of Strangetown Sims" (I'm too lazy to get the link for you).

Fail.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 09, 13:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can fix their DNA in SimPE before or after resurrecting them if you plan to breed them. For info, see Peasantry for the thread called "Correcting the DNA of Strangetown Sims" (I'm too lazy to get the link for you).

Hooray for having loads of spare time!
The thread is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.0

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 09, 15:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no problem to resurrect actual played Sims, but stay away from the phoney Maxoid dead.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 09, 17:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, thanks for the info.

I've already gone through and corrected everyone's DNA from Veronaville and Strangetown, so that's no biggie.  I guess I'll take my chances and try and resurrect Ms. Specter's graveyard, just for the hell of it.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 09, 17:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's no problem to resurrect actual played Sims, but stay away from the phoney Maxoid dead.

What about the living Maxoids like Daniel Pleasants, Brandi Broke or the one in Strangetown or Veronaville.  After they die, is it safe to ressurect them?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 09, 19:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be, they've been loaded in normal game and therefore are (mostly) CAS.
But resurrecting Sims which were never played such as the dead Goths is asking for glitches.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 10, 03:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply Jordi.  I did resurrect a lot of those Sims seems like a long time ago.  Since then I reinstall the game so I won't try this again Wink
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 10, 16:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind it is perfectly safe to resurrect the pre-dead if you know how to fix their problems.
Spawning the inteenimator's biological clock can fix most problems, but in some cases you need to go over the character file with SimPE to fix all issues.
Since these Sims lack proper family connections and memories anyway (they were never meant to be seen as anything other than ghosts) it is generally not worth it, imnsho.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: