More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 23:55:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 117179 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #275 on: 2005 November 11, 06:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got a response from Rentech, and I'm really confused.  Tell me what you all think.
Quote from: rainbow
Quote from: Rentechd
Pescado contacted me and request that I not have posted on this site things he was hosting on his site. Our policy is not to argue the issue if something is here that should be on another web site and that site owner complains. While thi site allowes things to be posted here and other places we are well aware that most other sites expect things to be exclusive to them. Its up to you where you post, we don't 'own' the things people post here and don't even try and pretend that we do. If a person posts here and another site they need to take it up with the other site owner about posting duplicates elsewhere, its not an argument we are going to get into with another site. If they say its theirs then its theirs and we will remove it and let whoever owns it to work out the details.

Your PM storage amount changed to that of a regular user which is 50, contributors have much more storage space to accomodate PM about their posts.

I am not sure what could have happened to your repulation unless it changed because we recalculated all reputation and reptation power for a reqular user is 0, I posted in the thread about the abuse by quite a few people of the ability to leave negative reputation and told people who felt they had been given negative rep unfairly to contact an admin and that would be removed. Reputation was recalculated once negative rep was removed because people had gained reputation power for giving negative reputation and while contributors have a multiplier attached to thier reputation regular users do now. I searched the database for all the reputation that was given to you and it appears that was 21. I did not see any negative repulation you received but many of the comments you received gave 0 rep. I made sure that yuor reputation is showing teh 21 points accurately
Well, I did ask Pescado about the files, and he said he knew nothing about it, so someone isn't telling the truth.  I am not accusing anyone, just stating facts.  I only wish you had communicated with me and let me know what was happening.

As for the reputation, I really don't understand what is going on.  Just now, I checked it, and it says I have 21 points as you said, and the square is green like everyone else's.  But I swear that yesterday it said I had 0 points and the box was grey, saying "rainbow is not okay."  Did you change something?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2005 November 11, 06:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/QUOTE]

As for the reputation, I really don't understand what is going on.  Just now, I checked it, and it says I have 21 points as you said, and the square is green like everyone else's.  But I swear that yesterday it said I had 0 points and the box was grey, saying "rainbow is not okay."  Did you change something?[/quote]
[/quote]

Did she change something?? Oh I think the answer to this is obvious Rainbow, however I'm sure her reply will be something along the lines of "Yes I have adjusted all reputation points for everyone due to a glitch in the points tallying system.....freedom and justice for all....wordl!!"  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2005 November 11, 06:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the reputation, I really don't understand what is going on.  Just now, I checked it, and it says I have 21 points as you said, and the square is green like everyone else's.  But I swear that yesterday it said I had 0 points and the box was grey, saying "rainbow is not okay."  Did you change something?[/quote]
[/quote]

Did she change something?? Oh I think the answer to this is obvious Rainbow, however I'm sure her reply will be something along the lines of "Yes I have adjusted all reputation points for everyone due to a glitch in the points tallying system.....freedom and justice for all....wordl!!"  Wink
[/quote]you are no doubt correct. the fire is probably a bit too hot for Rentechs liking so the easy way out is to do just as you suggest. Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2005 November 11, 06:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm sure she did, but I was trying not to be accusatory.  I wanted to see what she will say and give her an opportunity to be honest. Wink
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: 2005 November 11, 07:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO, she has made good things and they're fun to have and I'm still glad she made them even if she is having a meltdown or something and having such a meltdown doesn't make what she created not as good.

I use her garden chairs too and I have had pictures of her stuff and links on my site's front page when she made something particularly good.  But did she ever appreciate that?   No, I found out through the grapevine later that she was too concerned with slagging me off because she found I posted here a couple of times.  The irony was that I was posting here to *defend* the silly woman.  But her spy obviously only wanted to bring her the bad bits of the news.   That's why I feel sorry for Pam, she actually doesn't know who she can trust.   No wonder if she sometimes seems as if she's losing her grip, as her heart tells her one person is her friend while her head is trying to get her to see the opposite.

She's not got any clinical mental health problem IMHO, she's just responding to the circumstances as they have been presented to her by people she thinks she can trust.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2005 November 11, 08:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's obvious that Rentech is lying: I, obviously, could not possibly have contacted Rentech, since Rentech is not here, and I am STILL banned on Rentech.com. That kinda means we are incommunicado. How else would I contact Rentech, even if I cared to? Rentech must be confusing me with the voices in her head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2005 November 11, 08:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think she's used to being questioned. It's a lot of kids it seems on VS lately, Rentech's probably become used to just issuing edicts. When intelligent people question her rationale, she builds even more elaborate deceptions to attempt to hide the fact she's been caught out. Unfortunately they're fairly transparent.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2005 November 11, 08:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a reply from Rentech, and I think that I'm going to let this one go.  There's really not much else to say.
As I said I made sure that the 21 points that were showing in the databse were really showing on the site. I resaved them on your profile to be sure they would show. I don't know if that changes anything or not.

I don't know what Pescado's issue is I just don't want to get in a battle with him even less so then with any other site owner. We remove links to and posts of things that other sites say are theirs on a daily basis. I don't contact anyone since its not this site that wants to get caught in the middle. If another site thinks something belongs to them then we remove it simply to avoid fights and bad posts. This is even more so when its a problem pescado has. To not do so is to open this site up to more bad posting on his site about posting stuff from his site without permission and a whole the forum owners and myself just don't want to deal with it. If he feels its his and its does not belong to one of the forum owners here then we are not going to fight the issue - its between the poster and him. If he is confused then the owner of the object needs to unconfuse him, not me.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: 2005 November 11, 09:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pam has fallen victim to some malicious troublemaker and not necessarily someone we'd immediately think of.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005 November 11, 09:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A pseudo-Pescado??

Can't she compare IP numbers to know it's not really him?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: 2005 November 11, 09:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think it's something to do with the fact she leaves a lot of stuff to the other staff to alert her about, and any of them can put their own spin on things.   Having been told that something is an issue, she then sorts it out, in accordance to what she's been told.  And she isn't 100% confident about technical stuff like shell and IPs etc and has to rely on one or two of her staff for that sort of thing.   The information they convey back to her is as good as their intentions.   For example the "fact" that it would have shown in the logs she was given to look at if someone had edited my message.

Pam moans about people a lot, but I don't think she'd actually carry out malicious or unfair acts without having been heavily steered in that direction by another person.  I *used to* consider her a friend.  In a way I kinda miss her.   I hope one day if and when she gets time she will make the effort to find out for herself what I really have and have not done.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2005 November 11, 11:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep Rainbow...............let it go........just as I think all involved should....Ren is ......jeez......it defies words, sympathy, etc ...it's just sad  Sad

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2005 November 11, 12:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So let me get this right, any custom object that spawns these lines is bad news, and should be given the arse ASAP?

I don't really know... someone who really understands how the game works should answer. I also started deleting things that seemed like they'd cause a problem before you could check in simPE (but still wanted cool stuff) and that's one of the ways I decided, but I'd never heard before that Maxis items did it. I wouldn't have deleted the expensive telescope Smiley So maybe they're just a result of an overall overload, and it's not that particular item causing trouble. Even so, I'd say if you have lines, you probably want to cut down on the amount of stuff you have... (think that makes sense Motoki? Smiley

Unsouper
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005 November 11, 12:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

about those lines...

I had them with just the base game and uni - before any custom content was added at all.  Since nightlife was installed, there hasn't been a single line, despite now loading the game with custom content...

Thing is, when nightlife was installed, all my graphics settings dropped from high to medium. 

What I noticed, was that the more often I saved, the less it happened - so it got to the point where every time I saw a line, that was my cue to save the game - once it was saved, the line went away.  I also noticed that the hotter my computer got (gotta love Asus probe!), the worse the lines got.

My completely uneducated, wild, stab-in-the-dark theory is that it's just a general computer overload that causes the lines.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2005 November 11, 13:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't she compare IP numbers to know it's not really him?

That's what I thought too, she's the site admin for god's sakes! She should have his IP too since he did post there in the past and apparently isn't completely banned.  Roll Eyes

Plus, if he's not banned or removed from the site, then how could someone else sign up with his name? Unless they did something like JM Pescado instead of J.M. Pescado and she just wasn't paying attention. *shrug*

And how can she not be good at technical stuff, doesn't the woman work at Microsoft? Tongue She's made meshes too and believe me learning those 3D programs ain't the easiest thing in the world.

If the problem is she's relying on other people and acting on second hand information then that's only going to cause her trouble and make her look like an ass in the end.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2005 November 11, 13:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: the lines

I think there's multiple reasons why people get them and they aren't always related. Some people seem to get them on Maxis stuff or random items and for others it is only very specific objects and always those objects. I do remember when custom meshes first came out there were a number of people who never had this problem before who suddenly starting getting it and it was always specific to certain objects getting the problem. If that is the case I would definitely get rid of the object.

If you've always had the problem on and off anyway I'd just try to live with it, save and reload, try not to overload the lot with too much stuff etc.  Undecided I'm not really sure what you can do other than that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2005 November 11, 13:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pam has fallen victim to some malicious troublemaker and not necessarily someone we'd immediately think of.
you could be correct in your thinking. but im sure theree is a way to check IP#'s to verify the site that is actually contacting them

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2005 November 11, 14:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Inge, who's the diplomat now?

No one can convince me that she doesn't know what's going on. If she doesn't know by now, after getting all these PM's, she needs to rethink her staff issue. I started to go sour on VS after the censorship (such a dirty word) issue, and she responded to the posts that showed a different viewpoint then her own in very strong words. More or less it was in the way of "it's my site, I rule supreme, there shall be no other opinions beside mine, like it or lump it, shut up or I'll shut you up". No thank you, I'll deny you that kind of power over me, you don't have it and will never achieve it.

I don't let my employers or my professors get away with behavior such as this, I certainly will not let a simple website owner get away with it. That goes for any site or forum owner by the way. I might like the stuff that they offer, but if they piss me off, I'm leaving. I don't need their stuff that badly, as long as it's not a game-breaker repair. Even then I'd rather put up with a buggy game, then a buggy site owner (well, except maybe JM, but that is a whole other story with a whole other background ;D). 

As far as the thing with JM goes, I don't think it's even remotely possible that she does not have an eye out for anything that even remotely resembles the moniker 'JM Pescado' no matter how the individual letters are re-arranged. I've witnessed her drama at MTS2, but was willing to put that bad taste in my mouth aside, because there was a lot of garbage going on at MTS2 at the time. After her display of power madness in the censorship thread, and the idiocy that went on with JM behind the scenes, I decided that I would apply a concept that I usually dislike: 3 strikes, you're out.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2005 November 11, 15:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this thought has crossed my mind, as well. I don't know Rentech personally, but this behavior is either supremely irrational or she really believes that what she is saying is the truth. It's weird, either way.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2005 November 11, 20:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for Pescado to stick me in that newsbox (I'll probably make it someday - it'll be a point of honor.)

Well I only got "How be Motokiness?" No kick, didn't even get called stupid or a round mound of grey fatness. Heh, I must be the only person Pescado ever said anything that could be remotely construed as nice or friendly in the newsbox.

I'm insulted that I wasn't insulted!  Grin

Oh, cool! I've gotten "How be Brynneness" a couple of times. I didn't realize it was an honor!  Cheesy Of course, not trying to make anyone jealous, but I have been stupid. A lot. I am a verrrrrrry stupid person. LOL

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2005 November 11, 21:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what Pescado's issue is I just don't want to get in a battle with him even less so then with any other site owner. We remove links to and posts of things that other sites say are theirs on a daily basis. I don't contact anyone since its not this site that wants to get caught in the middle. If another site thinks something belongs to them then we remove it simply to avoid fights and bad posts. This is even more so when its a problem pescado has. To not do so is to open this site up to more bad posting on his site about posting stuff from his site without permission and a whole the forum owners and myself just don't want to deal with it. If he feels its his and its does not belong to one of the forum owners here then we are not going to fight the issue - its between the poster and him. If he is confused then the owner of the object needs to unconfuse him, not me.

About Rentech's reply: have there been posts here about posting stuff on her site without JM's permission? Rentech implies there have been. I don't recall seeing any, so I wonder who is giving her this information?

If the problem is she's relying on other people and acting on second hand information then that's only going to cause her trouble and make her look like an ass in the end.

Pun intended, Motoki? LOL

And rainbow, those pictures are too damn funny! Just what I needed today. A good laugh.  Cheesy
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2005 November 11, 21:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still waiting for Pescado to stick me in that newsbox (I'll probably make it someday - it'll be a point of honor.)

Well I only got "How be Motokiness?" No kick, didn't even get called stupid or a round mound of grey fatness. Heh, I must be the only person Pescado ever said anything that could be remotely construed as nice or friendly in the newsbox.

I'm insulted that I wasn't insulted!  Grin
ROFL
Oh, cool! I've gotten "How be Brynneness" a couple of times. I didn't realize it was an honor!  Cheesy Of course, not trying to make anyone jealous, but I have been stupid. A lot. I am a verrrrrrry stupid person. LOL

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2005 November 11, 21:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pun intended, Motoki? LOL

And rainbow, those pictures are too damn funny! Just what I needed today. A good laugh.  Cheesy
I have lots more pictures of weird stuff.  I like taking pictures of weird glitchy stuff in my game.  I should start a site or something.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2005 November 11, 21:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have a section for this type stuff once I get my new site up. Put them there! For now, feel free to create an album on the group. I loves me some funny pics!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2005 November 11, 22:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, not trying to make anyone jealous, but I have been stupid.

I'm stupid all the time, but certainly I'm jealous. I wanna be noticed being stupid! How does one accomplish this? Do I need to take out ads? I paid my bills, I'm sure I did, even got the one for the price of two great deal and the increase... isn't that enough? What more do these people want?

Unsouper
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: