More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 14:35:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone made or seen a hack that enabled new NL foods to be made at home?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone made or seen a hack that enabled new NL foods to be made at home?  (Read 3964 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Has anyone made or seen a hack that enabled new NL foods to be made at home?
« on: 2005 October 09, 18:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it's even possible due to the animations involved since those restaurant foods don't really seem to get made per say, they just appear on covered platters. I would think at very least it might be possible to add them to the buffet at home but it's a bit beyond my technical abilities at this point.

As an aside, anyone else find it odd that of all the new NL foods, the only one we can make at home is Crepe Suzette, while fairly normal stuff like fried chicken and steak you can only get in a restaurant?  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Has anyone made or seen a hack that enabled new NL foods to be made at home?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 09, 20:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/viewforum.php?f=11

Above is the link to Helene's foods, at the moment she is going through and checking if any need changing for NL. From experience I do know that the Steak, tomato and the vegetable soups, pies and cakes all work in my game. I do have NL btw.

Joan
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Has anyone made or seen a hack that enabled new NL foods to be made at home?
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 09, 21:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't even found how to make crepes at home...  I would love for them to be available too
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 09, 21:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/viewforum.php?f=11

Above is the link to Helene's foods, at the moment she is going through and checking if any need changing for NL. From experience I do know that the Steak, tomato and the vegetable soups, pies and cakes all work in my game. I do have NL btw.

Joan

That's where everybody gets their cool foods!  Hallelujah!

I got some neat ones off of MTS2, but just a handful, and I've been jonesing for more.  My Sims love to cook!

Downloading....... thanks!

edit P.S. Goodness, my lips have been ripped and I'm a blathering buffoon.  All is right with the world...

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 09, 21:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just found my way through the maze to the foods at MTS2...  unless they have a section that I couldn't find my way to, none of those that are there are the ones that came in nightlife...  a brief stint at googling (and now I'm going to be late for work - good thing it's a staff only day and we start later!) managed to pull up a official chat transcript that stated none of the new foods were able to be made at home, hopefully someone will be able to find some info on this while I'm at work being bored to tears - making teachers sit and listen - it's torture!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 09, 22:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crepes are a dessert, so you have to use serve dessert instead of breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. I'm also not entirely sure of the cooking skill requirements, but I do have some sims that are able to make them at home. Not sure if Maxis intended it or not, but it's available without any hacks. It basically looks like the same animations involved in making Baked Alaska as you also light the Crepe Suzette on fire.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 10, 03:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, just finally looked at the link posted above to Fireflies' foods. They're all custom foods, not that there is anything wrong with that, I've used her stuff in the past, but what I was asking was has anyone enabled the new Maxis foods you can only currently get in NL at a restaurant so that you can have them at home.

I know there's a collection where you can place the restaurant stove and podium on a residential lot, but I was hoping to just be able to cook them or at least grab them from a buffet.

JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 10, 08:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Motoki, I misunderstood you question. At the moment there are no sites or hacks for this, believe me I have looked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: