More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:30:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adjusting Autonomy...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adjusting Autonomy...  (Read 4568 times)
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Adjusting Autonomy...
« on: 2007 August 02, 19:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quickie !!!!!

How can I adjust the autonomy of my sims to do thier own thing instead of just standing around folding thier arms...

I used the Override in the ACR to set it to max, but still nothing. Is there any cheat or anything else I can use or do?

Thanks

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Adjusting Autonomy...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 02, 19:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly question: Do you have freewill on?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 02, 21:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you're using Macrotastics, make sure to turn its Power Idle control off.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 03, 00:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomy is controlled on a per-lot basis. If you want autonomy on a particular lot, you must click the symbol that looks like three dots on the blue user-interface at the bottom of your screen, and then click the symbol that looks like a cog or gear. From there, you can turn autonomy on or off by ticking the appropriate box.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 03, 02:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further, if your sims have all of their needs at full green, they won't need to do anything.  Even sims on full free will will stand around aimlessly if they don't need any fun or social activities.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 03, 03:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And just to make sure it's understood -- the autonomy settings in ACR are just for ACR, i.e. they only control the Sim's romantic interactions, not things like whether they'll cook dinner when they're hungry.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 03, 05:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And ACR has a timer that runs down every day, so if your sims have already woohooed that day, they won't autonomously do so until the next day.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 03, 08:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further, if your sims have all of their needs at full green, they won't need to do anything.  Even sims on full free will will stand around aimlessly if they don't need any fun or social activities.
This is one of the things that tend to make vampires extremely dull.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 03, 09:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, my vampires immediately start talking, joking, flirting, etc as soon as they leave their coffins. But then they are a 3-bolt couple.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 03, 12:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my grand vampires all seem to be emo pleasure sims who whine about everything and won't even drink espresso autonomously.

most of my sims seem quite able to autonomously amuse themselves however. i often concentrate on just one or two or three in a household and let the rest get on with it. all my fortune and knowledge sims have high IQ's thanks to the lot debugger Tongue. i do not have any of the hacks that prevent OCD behaviour though. i also try to ensure that there are sufficient fun and skilling objects for the other sims.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 03, 14:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the things that tend to make vampires extremely dull.

Hmmm, my vampires immediately start talking, joking, flirting, etc as soon as they leave their coffins. But then they are a 3-bolt couple.
My vampires engage in FIGHT. You can never have too much fight!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: