More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 20:24:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  giving birth FUBAR'ed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: giving birth FUBAR'ed  (Read 5674 times)
lurklurklurk
Asinine Airhead

Good Witch Cat knowz ur secretz

View Profile
giving birth FUBAR'ed
« on: 2008 December 24, 16:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've been playing with debug mode always on lately, and the last time my sim tried to give birth, there was an error right as the game went to play the cinematic:

My cursor was gone, and I thought I was screwed. But by clicking randomly on the screen, I managed to reset. After the movie played, I got no option to name the baby, the mom still looked pregnant, and build/buy mode were disabled. The baby was not selectable ( I mean I could not click on here to have the mother pick her up). If only I had had the lot debugger on the lot I could have reenabled controls. It's just kind of ugly so I just buy it as needed. I'm a fool, I know. I quit without saving.
Upon re-entering the lot, my sim went and gave birth again and this time I did not have debug mode on. The cinematic played (it was kind of messed up though), but then after the baby was born once again I got no option to name the baby, the mom still looked pregnant, build/buy mode were disabled and the baby was not selectable.This time I was ready. I reenabled controls and deleted the baby with moveobjects, saved, exited, returned, and the baby was by the mailbox, right as rain. I renamed her with TJ's sim blender. To fix mom's false pregnancy, I repollenated her Wink

So, why is this happening? I have the error log from the first time. Because the error involved the spectral assistant, I wonder if she is the culprit.

Thanks for your help. Sorry it was such a tale.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I:87.6% N:63.9% T:77.8% P:75%
Moar P than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: giving birth FUBAR'ed
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 24, 16:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an unusual error, yes. I suggest you delete the spectral assistant from the lot and see if continues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lurklurklurk
Asinine Airhead

Good Witch Cat knowz ur secretz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 24, 17:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forced my sim to give birth using the insimenator without the spectral assistant present in order to test things. Everything was fine! *whew* I thought my game explodieren.

Incidentally, this test birth was the first time I ever got triplets with the triplets and quads hack. Life is sadorandom. I exited without saving.

I wonder if anyone has had similar problems with the spectral assistant, and if it warrants some sort of fix.

BTW, the spectral assistant is a DUDE. Whenever he/she bitches that there is something in his her its way, it uses the male voice. Also, I've caught it playing the piano.

For the lulz:

I:87.6% N:63.9% T:77.8% P:75%
Moar P than you
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 25, 03:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only I had had the lot debugger on the lot I could have reenabled controls. It's just kind of ugly so I just buy it as needed. I'm a fool, I know. I quit without saving.

That's why you should use Lord Darcy and Dizzy's batch file on the latest lot debugger! A daffodil in a vase is not so unpleasant, no?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 25, 03:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also impossible to FIND, though. I just bury the Debugger in one of those clearly OOC places, like under the foundation, the stairs, or the roof, where it's not visible under normal conditions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 25, 04:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which only begs the question: why make it ugly in the first place if you're going to hide it?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 25, 06:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because A: I am physically incapable of making it look good, as I have no skills of an artist, and B: I intentionally wanted it to be noticeable, so I can find it! Thus, it is a combination of intentionally ugly, and concealable inside deadspace: It's not REALLY invisible, but it is clearly "out of world" and thus its ugliness ceases to matter, as out-of-world space is not part of the game. It just becomes a part of the UI instead. The point is that it is highly VISIBLE, yet also located in a place that will never be photographed because sims cannot go there.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 25, 06:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried hiding the lot debugger under the foundation in one of my lots; I forgot where it was when I needed it, so I bought another one and plunked it down in the yard.  A month or two later, I found the first one and deleted it.  Tongue

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 25, 06:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gotta learn to do it consistently. I always hide them in the exact same places, in order, so I can always find them.
1. Under the foundation, right below the front steps.
2. Under the roof.
3. Bottom of a deep pond or lake.
4. Under the stairs.
5. In the garage.
It's always there, in that same specific order of priority, so I always know where to look.

I also bury newspapers in the boxes: One newspaper under the Batbox, one under Sergeant Box, and the third someplace in the house. This prevents the newspaper from being delivered, and therefore, having to be thrown out, and most importantly, stops that DAMNED KID from spawning.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 25, 06:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But how do you get three newspapers without having the paper12 spawn in the first place?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 25, 07:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"makebuyable". It's in the collection of Awesome things. Because I am awesome.

Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 26, 16:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a hack that stops the delivery and downloaded a news paper stand to put on community lots in case my poor sims ever need one.

If you need a newspaper and don't have one around, you can always just have them use the toilet. When they sit down to read the paper on the pot, you can click on the paper and choose whatever option you need, then it will let you use that paper to find a job. I had to do this once before when I binned the paper before another sim got to look for a job.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: