More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 02:49:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  3 or 4 lightening bolts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 3 or 4 lightening bolts  (Read 65632 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: 3 or 4 lightening bolts
« Reply #125 on: 2005 October 27, 00:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. Added you to the list lol.
I just want to remind everyone it will  take a day or so. Don't think I've forgotten!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 October 27, 00:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must have more pixellated hotness from you!

Give me Joe and Josh, please.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 October 27, 01:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander ain't that bad once you get used to his ugliness. I've given him a lovely fiancee to mate with. It'll be interesting on which side of the attractiveness spectrum their kids will turn out to be.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 October 27, 01:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must have more pixellated hotness from you!

Give me Joe and Josh, please.

Okay, adding to the list of pixelated hotness-seekers!

I "prettified" Alexander with tons of makeup. I'm trying to get him to look like a drag queen, but so far he's not pretty enough. Tongue 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 October 27, 01:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! She looks just like Malibu Barbie!

I was actually thinking Paris Hilton myself, but then again it's pretty much the same thing.  Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 October 27, 01:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's got too much of her body covered to be either, actually.  Wink
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 October 27, 01:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking Paris Hilton myself, but then again it's pretty much the same thing.  Wink

Nah. Paris Hilton ain't as pretty.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2005 October 27, 01:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao, too true in both cases.

I dunno why, but I always have to have at least one of the 'pink princess' archetype sims in my game. And of course they're always blonde.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 October 27, 01:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

may I jump on the "j" bandwagon too please? lmollett1@mindspring.com

I recently realized that I don't care for blonde sims (excpet George McCartney or whatever his name is)... I don't know why, but I'm more or less ignoring their existance. I have a large family that more or less looks alike and they're all brown haired/brown eyes. I wanted to mix them up a bit so I was giving them all different hair colors as turn-ons, so they'd get some variance with kids and all, and it wasn't til I had one that had blonde hair that I realized how rarely I send my teens and YAs out with a blonde (either sex). I had to go looking for someone cute.

Unsouper
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 October 27, 02:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of those blonde princesses, now that I think about it.
Josh's fiancee, Monica:

Joe's wife, Marina:

Joe's daughter, Shellie (by his first wife):

Josh and Monica make really good looking kids, too. They have triplet teens, 2 boys and a girl. Monica also has a son by Josh's brother, Bradley (a little indiscretion on Bradley's part, but, hey, Bradley's wife has been sneaking behind the house to make out with Josh for a long time. What goes around comes around, dearest Dayna!), and he's also very good-looking. And his cousins are also his siblings  Tongue And to add even more to the confusion, Monica has a son by her first marriage, Giles. He's the boy in my avatar (he's an adult, now though), and he is married to Joe's daughter, Samantha. Very messed up family tree!

Josh and Monica's trips, Shep, Sydney, and Scott:

...and their brother/cousin, Cam (Bradley's son with Monica. Cam doesn't know Monica is his real mother, so shhhhh. Dayna adopted him.):

edit to add:
added you, sagana. In the same post as the blonde invasion, no less!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 October 27, 02:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and their brother/cousin, Cam (Bradley's son with Monica. Cam doesn't know Monica is his real mother, so shhhhh. Dayna adopted him.):

Wow. He looks very cute. The rest of them remind me a lot of Don Lothario's boys in my game. But this one is a hottie.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 October 27, 02:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cam looks like a YA version of Scott and Shep, to me. As a teen, he was nearly identical to them. So I figure this gives a pretty good idea of what Josh's boys will look like in college. They all have Monica's eyes and Josh and Bradley's (who are very similar in appearance, as well) mouth. Sydney looks more like Monica all around, though.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 October 27, 02:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my Alex Goth.  At first I thought he was a bit scary, but he grew on me and I worked with him.  He doesn't look too bad IMHO.  He's married to Angela and Dustin's oldest daughter, Dominque.  He is Fortune and wanted to be a Criminal Mastermind.  Here is a portrait Dominique painted of him.

Their wedding night...

Here he's with his mom Bella at his sister Cassandra's house.

Here he's listening to a joke from his brother-in-law, Cassandra's husband Joe.

Here he is holding his nephew Damien (or was it his niece Raven?)  I can't tell which one now.  Undecided  Cassandra and Joe had so many kids and they all looked alike as babies.

Giving Dominque cooking lessons so she can make Celebrity Chef. Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 October 27, 03:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

added you, sagana. In the same post as the blonde invasion, no less!

thanks! <laugh> your blondes look great. I believe that's the 3rd custom blonde hairstyle I've seen you use and been impressed with (goodlooking towheads). I think I must avoid blondes as I was one as a child (ending up with that awful color everyone that hates you insists on called "dishwater blonde" so I tend to be attracted to something I consider different and better Smiley

(I'm just now getting my own back - my hair's going to streak gray and white like my mom's did and it's fun. Everyone thought she dyed hers - that people's hair didn't come that way naturally, not salt and pepper but literally streaks - but hers did and mine is working on it. Kinda fun to have interesting old lady hair Wink)

Unsouper
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 October 27, 03:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a towhead as a child, too, and am now a "dishwater blonde". No grey for me; hair refuses to do anything but dishwater blonde without chemicals involved.
On a sidenote, my husband's aunt was called "toehead" as a child because she sucked her toes.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 October 27, 05:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a question that I didn't want to make a whole new thread for. I've taken up too much of this board as it is.
I have quite a list of people to send my sim guys to. Is there a more efficient way to do that than through email? Besides putting a public link somewhere, that is. I'm very happy to share my stuff, but I do want to keep tabs on where it's going, and don't want to make it open to everybody in the world. Mostly out of respect for anyone whose custom content I used to create these sims. Like AllenABQ- I used his skintones. But also because I'm just weird that way.  In other words, I don't want to submit it to, say, TSR or anything. Or the exchange. I've been emailing the rar files to people, but it takes forever and a day to send each one off, not to mention I have a bandwidth limit. I don't know a thing about this stuff! It would be nice if I could upload it somewhere, but only have to email a link to those who requested the files, so there's still some privacy involved. Kind of like when pay sites email a link to a download once you send them your cash, only I'm not charging, of course. Am I making any sense at all? Any suggestions?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 October 27, 05:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions?
How about a Yahoo group?  You can make it private, unlisted, invite only, friends only, and stuff like that.  You get 20 MB of space per group.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 October 27, 05:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No suggestions on where to host it, but if you send out one email with attachment with everyone's name in the TO line you should only have to send it once.  Instead of sending a separate email to each recipient.

I sincerely hope that:

a)  this makes sense
b)  this isn't so obvious as to be insulting. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 October 27, 06:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No suggestions on where to host it, but if you send out one email with attachment with everyone's name in the TO line you should only have to send it once.  Instead of sending a separate email to each recipient.

I sincerely hope that:

a)  this makes sense
b)  this isn't so obvious as to be insulting. Smiley

Hook
good I dea we used to do that in a loop I belonged to a long time ago

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2005 October 27, 11:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MistressofMerlin, added!
Thanks, guys. Good suggestions. I may look into that Yahoo group thing.
No, Hook, wasn't insulted at all! I got a message from my email provider saying something about bandwidth usage and it mentioned sending...well, I'll copy and paste it.:

This warning has been caused by an unusually high amount of bandwidth
being used by your account. Most commonly this warning is triggered by
sending a large message to many recipients. Email is an inefficient
method for distributing large files, and a separate copy has to be sent
to every recipient. For instance if you send a 5MB file to 5 people,
that takes 5*5MB = 25MB bandwidth, plus 5MB to send the message from
your PC to the server.

I was confused by the whole bandwidth thing, which is why I'm looking for a more "efficient" method. 
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 October 27, 19:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the "send to multiple recipients" thing wouldn't work then.  Sorry. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 October 27, 20:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. My goofy email account...grrrr
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2005 October 27, 20:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about getting your own webpage on geocities?  Upload the file, make a link for it and tell people where to go.  You get about 15MB space for free.
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2005 October 27, 20:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with Geocities is that it seems to have a ridiculously low bandwidth cap, which is fine and dandy for those with text only pages, but isn't very useful in trying to distribute files.

Here are two suggestions:

1) Open a gmail account and use it to send out the emails.  I send LOTs of MB of files a day this way and have never gotten a warning.

2) Open a gmail account, send the file from that gmail account, TO that gmail account.  Give out the login/pw to that gmail account to anyone you want to have the file.  gmail has something like 2 gigs of storage now (it grows by the second) and you can send attachments up to 10 MB in size.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 October 27, 20:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you could always pay for service. 1and1 has an okay plan I used to use for 4.95 a month.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: