More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 26, 19:53:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs  (Read 16538 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
*sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs
« on: 2005 December 05, 21:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to play them...but 50 first dates/dream dates is just insane.  I know I could just ignore the LTW but pleasure sims are a bit hard to keep in platinum or even gold anyways b/c their wants have such low scoring points.

50...50! I want to kick whoever thought this was the magical number.   There are not 50 of my own unattached sims running around the neighborhood.  There is not that many sims of the particular sex I want my sim to be with.  Oh sure...I can bring in the matchmaker...but I don't want all these sims spawned in my neighborhoods just  so my pleasure sim can fulfill this silly aspiration.

I wish there was a way to hack into this number and change it to something a bit more feasible.  That or perhaps Pleasure sims need some help from the LTW Variety mod Wink

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: *sigh* I depise the Pleasure sims LTWs
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 05, 22:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you change the value of 50 with another number in SimPE?  When I was playing around with SimPE editor, I noticed that I could change the number of children wanted for "Have XX of Children" although I didn't actually do it.

I'm a SimPE novice, so I may be wrong.

I also think 50 is a ridiculous number.  My Sims are lucky if they get 10 dream dates in their lifetimes, what with all the work I make them do.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 05, 22:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never choose Pleasure aspiration - but 50 dream dates indeed is outrageous!!!

I had only one fulfill of a dream date, and at the end of it I  (the player)  was exosted!!! It  took about 4-5 sim hours, and if I wouldn't have the "eternal mood booster" - my sims would  die in the middle of the date, from hunger and weariness. From then on, I never fulfill this wish.

Pity that the other two LTW  are - slacker, and 100 first dates. You are forced to wait for the slacker job.

JMP said, that it's good to choose the Knowledge, and then change their aspitration to another. I listenned to him, and now all my sims are Knowledge sims, with LTW of "max 7 skills" (using the college clock). It's the best choise for all my sims, because during the college they fulfill the LTW - I take them to a community lot where the time stands by, and they return to their home in platinum mood.  
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 05, 22:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

50 dream dates IS a bit excessive but then i got a pleasure seeker sim that has had about 35 dream dates now.  It's time consuming but very doable if you know how to do the dating system well.  Some of the lifetime wants are a little insane 10 kids?  Bit nuts, how bout a more sane one like Have Twins?  That'd be cool.

Gali that isn't a bad idea but lmao for me i got my sims maxed in EVERY skill before they even leave for college if i did that it'd be too easy for me to get permanant platium for my sims.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 05, 22:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned this when I first got NL and JM said he would look at it when he had it, so hopefully he will.  As I recall, my first Pleasure LTW was 100 First or Dream Dates, which is totally insane, although I've never seen that number come up since.  I just go for the career ones, which are Slacker, Culinary & Criminal Mastermind.  When they're done, I will edit it in SimPE to give them something else.  No way will any of mine ever go for 50 dates of any kind.  It's not that it isn't possible (my Pleasantview is plenty big enough), but it's just too bloody boring.  Not to mention the fact that Pleasure Sims are NOT Romance Sims and therefore once they achieve dream date status and meet their partner, the dates S-T-O-P.  They may have one more with their partner for a surprise engagement dinner, but that's it.  As I also mentioned in my original thread, it's the Romance Sims who should have LTW's for dates, not Pleasure.  Well, in my opinion anyway.  It'd make far more sense if Pleasure Seekers wanted to have a certain number of bubble baths, or play the piano X number of times.  These would be far more interesting and far easier to achieve.  Total lack of imagination behind this if you ask me.

I think I was ranting there.  Well, that's because the whole LTW thing annoys me intensely.  I will never be satisfied until they bring in the LTW's for the new careers, or someone provides a hack for them.  Assuming the majority of people have Uni (and I suspect they do), why are they pandering to the minority at the expense of the majority?  Since when was that good business practice?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 05, 22:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned this when I first got NL and JM said he would look at it when he had it, so hopefully he will.  As I recall, my first Pleasure LTW was 100 First or Dream Dates, which is totally insane, although I've never seen that number come up since.  I just go for the career ones, which are Slacker, Culinary & Criminal Mastermind.  When they're done, I will edit it in SimPE to give them something else.  No way will any of mine ever go for 50 dates of any kind.  It's not that it isn't possible (my Pleasantview is plenty big enough), but it's just too bloody boring.  Not to mention the fact that Pleasure Sims are NOT Romance Sims and therefore once they achieve dream date status and meet their partner, the dates S-T-O-P.  They may have one more with their partner for a surprise engagement dinner, but that's it.  As I also mentioned in my original thread, it's the Romance Sims who should have LTW's for dates, not Pleasure.  Well, in my opinion anyway.  It'd make far more sense if Pleasure Seekers wanted to have a certain number of bubble baths, or play the piano X number of times.  These would be far more interesting and far easier to achieve.  Total lack of imagination behind this if you ask me.

I think I was ranting there.  Well, that's because the whole LTW thing annoys me intensely.  I will never be satisfied until they bring in the LTW's for the new careers, or someone provides a hack for them.  Assuming the majority of people have Uni (and I suspect they do), why are they pandering to the minority at the expense of the majority?  Since when was that good business practice?

Hmm i totally agree they really ARE romance sim lifetime wants aren't they?  Makes more sense for a romance sim.  I know what you mean about the uni careers not being in the lifetime wants thats just poor developement and makes no sense why there not in.  I hope JM or one of the other guys like Twojeffs gets around to fixing up the lifetime wants and adding in some more sane ones and tweaking the insane ones.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 05, 22:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup - I think you can, but I don't think it will do any good other than keep the LTW from working.

I like the Pleasure aspiration myself (sadly, it's the one that matches me best) but the date thing is ridiculous. The constant wants for dates even if they are shy is irrtating and stupid, and the LTWs are just plain stupid. Slacker career, okay, but this is another area where making it so that the Uni careers don't apply for LTWs was a mistake, as I can totally see a Pleasure person wanting to be an actor or artist.

I've mostly avoided this issue in my own game by changing the aspiration when the sim goes through major life events, and depending on how happy they were in their previous aspiration, so they rarely achieve LTWs anyway, but man, way to make the Pleasure sims look tacked on, EA/Maxis.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 05, 22:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 would be more reasonable, just like the wohoo 20 sims and 20 best friends wants.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 05, 22:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 would be more reasonable, just like the wohoo 20 sims and 20 best friends wants.

Personally i thought woohoo with 20 sims was murder to get with my romance sim but maybe with nightlife it's a bit easier with the dating added?  I noticed with the dating its pretty much possible to get 2 sims with 100/100 relationship within 1 or 2 days.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 05, 22:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you have to make use of those aspiration rewards...the glasses, the special hot tub etc. And dont forget autosocialize now that its updated, even when you cant make use of the rewards you can still use that to boost up the relationship pretty quickly.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 05, 23:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I see it, the game makers decided to make a brand new shiny aspiration to match the Nightlife expansion--or at least that's what they tried!  I find pleasure seeker sims to be a royal pain in the butt!  They walk around all the time constantly thinking about adopting a child (as if adopting a child is going to bring pure pleasure!).  The ones I've played rarely want to do anything other than play games and take bubble baths.  Sadly, I rarely ever play them--I think it's a huge waste of an aspiration.

I wish custom aspirations could be made like custom careers, but only to over-write the in-game aspirations.  I'd love a new and improved version of both Pleasure Seeker and Romance sims (although I like Romance sims tons better than Pleasure).

I've gone to using mods to make my sims more what I want them to be instead of what the game decides.  Between the multi-painting and lot debugger, my sims are starting to get much more interesting. Wink

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 05, 23:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And dont forget autosocialize now that its updated

Where can I find this updated autosocialize? Thanks!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 05, 23:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And dont forget autosocialize now that its updated

Where can I find this updated autosocialize? Thanks!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/  It's still listed in Uni, but I've been using it for Nightlife without a problem.  Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 06, 00:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... I think those insane LTWs are a riot. I mean, they aren't supposed to be easily fulfillable wants. That's part of the challenge. Wink

And I'm not sure I've seen this 100 dates thing, but I don't think the have 50 dream dates is that bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can just keep having dates with your own partner. And what's so bad about that? I mean, even if you are partnered (married or have a boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever), whenever you go out, it is pretty much like a date, isn't it? I mean, I've been partnered for close to 8 years now, and we still go out together all the time, just like when we were first dating. Cheesy Just because you're partnered doesn't necessarily mean the magic or romance has to fizzle out of your life, right? Wink

Now the 50 1st dates thing, now that certainly seems a bit more insane. But then again, there are plenty of other totally unrealistic LTWs out there, as have been already pointed out. You can justmake those sims your challenge sims. If your sim manages to get this from the onset, as a teen, I think it is totally doable. Can't you get dates as a teen? If you date throughout teendom, uni, and adulthood, you can probably make that 50 without that much of a hassle.

And the added challenge of playing these types of aspirations (Romance and Pleasure) is having to deal with the potential drama or fallout of relationships from other sims who might catch you on dates or other romantic interactions with other sims, when that ugly green monster that is Sim Jealousy rears its awful, ridiculous, non-sensical head. I think it wouldn't be that much of a problem if Sim Jealousy (and Furiousness) was much more reasonable. That's why we really need an update on that romancemod. Wink

Ste

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 06, 00:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it wouldn't be that much of a problem if Sim Jealousy (and Furiousness) was much more reasonable. That's why we really need an update on that romancemod. Wink

Ste

*nods*

Jealousy and furiousness is the real problem.  50 dream dates wouldn't be that hard if you didn't have to keep watching over your shoulder the whole time. 

You can date back-to-back, too, because the reward for a dream date is max motives.  I had a Sim couple do three dream dates in a row yesterday.  He was a "drop from the sky" $5000 match for Kaylynn (widow of Daniel Pleasant).  The first dream date was hard, starting from scratch, but after the first one, I kept going and the next two weren't that hard. 

I stopped because I was bored...but if either one of them had had a riotous dating history with Sims lurking around to start a slap fight, I would have stopped a lot sooner, or moved the dates home (which can get boring too).

There are plenty of Sims I can't dare let date in public for fear of neighborhood relations in shambles.  I have Sims pissed at other Sims and not a clue why. Sad

*public clamoring for shiny nuclear edition of a romance mod*

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 06, 00:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, the LTWs bore me - really the whole aspiration system bores me. I agree I'd *love* some different ones (and LTWvariety isn't giving me enough). But yeah, for the "dream dates" one - all the dates can be with the same person and after the first one it gets really easy to hit dream date. Certainly married people can date (um I mean together, not on the side). My daughter and her husband have regular date nights (and choose "date movies" and discuss what's a good "date restaurant" even) and I think it's cute :) My co-worker and her husband do this as well.

Ah, young love ;)

I thought the numbers were 25 (first dates) and 50 (dream dates), not 50 and 100... is that really right? <doesn't have anyone with those LTWs to look right now>

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 06, 00:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First dates is actually pretty easy, since they neither have to do well, nor lead to anything. A great time to pull this one is at Uni, where you can just drop the change on the gypsy at minimum cost, get someone to appear instantly, then end it and buy another one. You get a first date the moment it begins.

Dream dates is harder, but does not necessitate multiple people, IIRC: You can get multiples with the same person. Once again, the ideal time for all this dating is at Uni: It's not like you have anything better to be doing! A great way to burn off excess hours, since the Uni final clock keeps ticking even on community lots....

But really, Knowledge/Max All is by far the most direct LTW, since it requires no additional sidetracking: You're going to do it anyway. It has no upkeep, no maintenance, your sim is happy while pursuing it in a straight beeline, and ties in directly with getting all the scholarships.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 06, 01:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one Pleasure Sim that I created myself in CAS, and mostly I change the others with the Renuyuportachug.  It doesn't work well with serious and active sims, and it simply encourages the lazy ones to do nothing but sit about all day!

As to the Woohoo with 20 different Sims - I think that one is relatively easy, in that Public Woohoo counts as Woohoo Number 2 if you get your sim to do a public woohoo and either a woohooo in bed or the hot tub, so they only have to get romantically involved with 10 sims.  Now the have 20 simultaneous lovers is a whole different thing - you have to have 20 sims you sim is romantically involved with, and spend hours on the phone keeping those relationships above 70.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 06, 01:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 loves at once is easy with Pescado's mods. 

I use the 'make friends' macro from autosoc to build the STR to 100.  Contact outings are especially good for this, as making friends with the contact boosts the outing score early.  Then I use the same macro to make friends with other sims present (choosing those that are my sims preferred gender).  There's 3 or 4 new friends, easily.  I send my sim home, wait a few days until the LTR relationships build up to best-friends status.  Invite the friends over to the home lot one at a time, either for a visit or for a date, romance them, and bam there's another love.  Then I rely on autoyak and run the 'call friends' macro every day - relationships stay at 100/100 barring no neighbourhood social disasters, such as running into lovers while on a community lot. (OK, I admit that sometimes I create those disasters just to spice up the neighbourhood  Grin ).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 06, 01:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I use hacks and mods mainly, although not entirely, in order to correct faultsor annoyances in the game itself.  I don't use any of the ones that make it easy for me in that respect, I like to work at these things so I feel I (and my sim) have actually achieved something.  I'm well aware that all these things exist, I just don't use them for that reason.

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 06, 02:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of Pleasure Sims.  Both are in college and rarely get platnum unless they're dating (or got engaged like one just did today).  It's pretty dull to see these Sims want to go on outings or dates or run around in their pjs and play the guitar all the time.  I now have teddy bears all over the houses they live in because that's the only toy they can use (stupid want).  50 First Dates are impossible for the male Pleasure Sim because he doesn't seem interested in anyone or anything except himself.  The female Pleasure Sim was a former Money Sim that changed to suit her fiance (a Pleasure vampire).  Fortunately she just wants to be a Celebrity Chef, so that works.  I don't really like this aspiration very well and would like to change Drake's aspiration to something else, but he's always in the green and he doesn't know how to make grilled cheese sandwiches yet.   Roll Eyes Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 06, 02:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could learn!  And he'd have the motivation...... Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 06, 02:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be the strangest thing ever:  a college kid with mullet hair and a disco suit with an obsession for grilled cheese sandwiches.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 06, 03:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, given a long and happy life and a good appetite, he'd have a fair chance of achieving his LTW!

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 06, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess the 50 dream dates aren't exactly the most horrible thing seeing that you can fulfill it over a sim life with a committed partner.  Perhaps it's just that after so many dates I find them boring.  A little bit of woohoo though to get it up to dream date I guess and end the damned thing.   Tongue

1st dates I really don't like...like I said..not that many sims running around my 'hoods.  I have big enough 'hoods anyways..I don't like the idea of generations and generations dating the same 50 sims...random stuff like that.  Maybe I'm just a bit picky...but yeah.

I used to hate some of the romance sims aspirations (woohoo/love 20 sims)..I did it all by the book (no cheats) one time and oh boy..never again...it was just too much.  With mods though it's much better and I actually don't mind them so much anymore.

Maybe I should try to deal with my pleasure sims a while longer..but nah..I doubt it for now eh....
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: