More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 04:46:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  about the college clock
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: about the college clock  (Read 5215 times)
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
about the college clock
« on: 2005 July 27, 05:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played with my sims with the college clock for the first time and its working great.. but I had a problem and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem....
I sent my sim to take finals while the timer was frozen and he was a junior ,, of course he came back and still said final in progress so i sent him back ,, and repeated it til he graduated.. so I thought ok not a problem he is ready for being an adult .. but after his party when the van came to pick him up he didnt get in.. so i tried forcing him to go and nothing he wouldnt do it.. and his age meter said he was adult now.  so I though ok Ill save it and see if its another glitch and go back to the neighborhood to see if he was there and I had grey out .. and had to end task to get out of my game...  Is this a different glitch to the final exam bug or did I just hit a snag....
I hope you understand the senerio here lololol...
thanks for any help
Brenda
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: about the college clock
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 05:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like an unrelated problem pertaining to final exams and moving out. I think Jeffy may have something for this on rentech.com, but needing it generally means your neighborhood is filled with garbage that needs to be cleaned out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 05:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank Jm I will go look at variousimmers and see what jeff has...
okay now garbage ?   Im not sure what you mean here?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 08:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See the various problems associated with neighborhoods containing too many sims. Usually, this is not caused by actually HAVING too many sims: It's caused by having GARBAGE entries, caused by moving sims between neighborhoods. Never, ever, do this, as it permanently buggers your neighborhood unless you're really good with SimPE cleanouts by hand. Which you don't sound like you are.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 08:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will work for you - this is twojeffs' move out resetter controller:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=51793&highlight=graduation

It's a hacked money tree, find it under decorative/plants and place it on the lot.

I used it when I had a move out problem & it worked great - but my problem was a bit different than yours - for my sim, the taxi wouldn't show up and he wouldn't transition, so it may be an entirely different problem altogether.

Just a note - I also found out from the smart folk on here that this restter can screw up the "find own place" option from computer or newspaper - so remove the file when you're done with it.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 27, 08:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The move-out resetter is not what buggers "find own place", as that object doesn't do anything at all unless you command it to do so, and only affects buggered college moves.The Lot Debugger includes the same functionality now. There is, however, another related Jeffian move-out hack that has been reported as causing problems with non-college moves. Somebody may or may not have informed him of this. I'm rather incommunicado at the moment on account of being banned from rentech.com.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 27, 08:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok, yeah, I had downloaded two from that same page at MTS2, I thought it was the resetter that was messing it up - it must have been the one called "Graduation No Move Out Fix instead". Good to know.

I just got your lot debugger a day or so ago and it is my new best friend. It totally cured my "I'm scared of pancakes" lot, and many stuck mailboxes to boot.  Grin

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 28, 02:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions and I will go through them all and see which one would clear up my neighborhood the best... and your right I would never attempt to change my game with help.. Im not that good on this stuff .. lolol I want to think I am but I'm not.

Thank you again for your advice. 

brenda
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: