More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:29:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't patch newly reinstalled OfB - also, teen OfB job pay borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't patch newly reinstalled OfB - also, teen OfB job pay borked?  (Read 3056 times)
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can't patch newly reinstalled OfB - also, teen OfB job pay borked?
« on: 2008 December 16, 21:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs, and realized I did not have my OfB patched (version 1.3.0.249 and teens employed in small business had hours from 9 to 17).
Downloaded patch, wouldn't work. Gave in, reinstalled OfB. Patch still does not run, says I might have to reinstall OfB. but I just did.
Is there anything I can do, save a complete reinstall?

Rather than double-posting, and somewhat related:
While testing something in OfB+AL, I found that teens employed in an owned business earned 8 times their hourly wage, even though their career tab showed the right amount (5 times their hourly wage). AND they correctly worked 5 hours in the afternoon. Again, this was without the OfB patch but with AL. Without any CC. Is this still so in patched OfB games?

« Last Edit: 2008 December 16, 21:33:37 by Gwenke » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Can't patch newly reinstalled OfB - also, teen OfB job pay borked?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 16, 22:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the patch, what file is it failing on? Try manually replacing that file from your game disc.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 16, 23:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the patch, what file is it failing on? Try manually replacing that file from your game disc.
It did not give an indication of which file it hated. Meanwhile I stumbled upon this thread here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13428.0.html and got my download manager to download the patch again. I have patched the game now successfully. Was stupid earlier not to notice the file date, the true patch is dated 25/05/2006, anything newer is incomplete.
Thanks, anyway.
My second question still stands, but now I can test it myself.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 16, 23:55:50 by Gwenke » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 20, 16:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While testing something in OfB+AL, I found that teens employed in an owned business earned 8 times their hourly wage, even though their career tab showed the right amount (5 times their hourly wage). AND they correctly worked 5 hours in the afternoon. Again, this was without the OfB patch but with AL. Without any CC. Is this still so in patched OfB games?
This is a bug that exists in the basic game. It is fixed by the petsp0-jobfixes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 23, 02:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so that is why I did not notice it in my normal game. That has most of your mods and fixes in.
How does petsp0-jobfixes compare to the fixes included in harderjobs?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 23, 18:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets-p0jobfixes is the same as the fixes in harderjobs, only for pre-Pets games. The p0 fixes supplanted the older "harderjobsfixes" in the OFB DC.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: