More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 11:48:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lies & Propaganda!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lies & Propaganda!  (Read 2392 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
Lies & Propaganda!
« on: 2006 August 09, 20:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The truth about sim compatibility: http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=513.msg6423#msg6423

I worked on this a long time, with a lot of very careful in-game testing.. The strategy guide is extremely inaccurate when it comes to aspiration chemistry, apparently.. Not their fault really, as they wrote it when it was true, but then Maxis went and tweaked it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lies & Propaganda!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 09, 20:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your results roughly correspond to what I already knew about, but the zodiac table is a little odd. It looks like you failed to control for personality-affinity, since your commentary makes no mention of this: Different zodiacs have different personalities, so you may be seeing the influence of personality effects in the low-strength areas. However, while personality determines zodac in a CAS/debug drag sim, personality itself is mutable while zodiac is invariant.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 09, 20:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made sure that personality affinity did not get in the way of my tedious and careful testing... I used the puppy killer to set their zodiac without affecting their personality, and gave them all the same personality so that I had something to work with.. I couldn't very well see if something had a profound negative effect without having something there to be subtracted from. I set their aspirations to "Grow Up" with testingcheats while testing zodiac attraction, since that is completely untouched by aspirational attraction for obvious reasons.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 02:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check for both "interests", and account for the possibility of caching? Chemistry results often take awhile to sink in if you change something because sims cache their results and reuse them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 10, 05:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's keep our discussion on one forum for the sake of convenience, m'kay? My response to this is in the thread on my site, as that makes more sense.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: