More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:05:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rummaging in front of the neighbors -- why don't they care?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rummaging in front of the neighbors -- why don't they care?  (Read 14030 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Rummaging in front of the neighbors -- why don't they care?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 05, 04:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then again, the U.S. is not the entire world, which means that different places may still have different laws.

Amen

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 05, 04:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That U.S. Supreme Court ruling was the issue of contention in one Law and Order program.  In order to get around the protection of garbage at the curb from "illegal search and seizure", the detectives on the show waited until the refuse was deposited in the back of the garbage truck before looking through it and collecting evidence which implicated the previous owner of the trash.  The defense contended that until the garbage had been deposited into the main hold of the garbage truck where it mixed with the trash from other houses it was still subject to protection from illegal search and seizure, thereby rendering the evidence inadmissable.   The judge ruled in favor of the defense.  While this was only a television show, the writers for this show often base the court rulings on actual rulings in cases that have gone to trial.  

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 05, 07:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's get one thing straight. What you see in movies and TV stories is not real. They are intended for entertainment and not for education, unless it says otherwise on the tin. Even "based on a true story" does NOT mean that the story is, in fact, true, just that the writers got the idea from something that really happened.

More F than you
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: