More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 07:41:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Random Things Seen in BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Things Seen in BV  (Read 14241 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Random Things Seen in BV
« Reply #25 on: 2008 June 19, 14:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine the tedium of taking a noncontrollable sim on vacation. With controllables, at least in Takemizu, there isn't really any reason to sleep at all. Among the "shiatsu" massages, tai chi & espresso, your sim can easily stay awake 24 hrs/day and not waste money sleeping away their holiday. Of course, that makes paying for a room to sleep in a little silly, but at least that gives them a place to get the 'ordered room service' item ticked off the list.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 June 19, 15:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it doesn't answer my question - anyone knows how to stop vacation pal from waking up in the middle of the night?
I hate 4 AM. This is the time of the middle of the night no one should be awaken, much less to wake up in a so stupid time point.

This may be part of a known issue where vacation guests do not sleep properly - part of maxis codes.  Apparently, if their energy is low enough, the controllable sim can tell them to "come to bed", but the game tends to do a "vacation guest protect" thing and replenishes energy levels, presumeably to stop them peeing themselves and passing out in their own urine.  Even if you can get them to sleep in a bed, I'm not sure how you make it so they don't wake up again in the middle of the night.

Reference: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9523.msg273269.html#msg273269

Tribulatio proxima est
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 19, 18:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only tried taking a visitor on vacation once. She mostly just stayed in the hot springs, so I sent the controllable off on his own. Never saw the "wake up at 4 am" thing.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 June 24, 08:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem was that I'm trying to use BV on a totally different way. I don't send anyone over there to make holidays but to have a second house. Some of my hoods don't have beaches so I buy a second home for my Sims on the beach. If you build the house in one of the OFB subhoods, they are forced to Move in. In Vacation Lots, you can have a second house without necessarily live in it.
The mementos are only sort of curiosity for me. Why would someone add 45 tokens to the game that have absolutely no function?
One from two - someone requested (Huh) or there's the intention to use those tokens in possible future EPs and connect interactions that will force you to BUY BV.
Well, if I'm wrong in both theories, I can have good use for those tokens.
Back to the waking up 4 AM. Besides this stupid bug, the game does not speed up anymore while Sims are sleeping. So, I spend the night time having to observe vacationists dancing hula on my camping places. Well, I had to take advantage of this bore and them I started to change appearance of the vacationists in the meantime. It is very useful to add hats, sunglasses, etc on the superfluous Sims. I wished I could self change their clothing too. It is really a limitation that you have to move a Sim in to be able to change their clothes. Most of them are unproperly dressed for the hood they visit. One of my vacationists was using Fur Coat on a Tropic hood.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 June 24, 09:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I started to change appearance of the vacationists in the meantime. It is very useful to add hats, sunglasses, etc on the superfluous Sims. I wished I could self change their clothing too... Most of them are unproperly dressed for the hood they visit. One of my vacationists was using Fur Coat on a Tropic hood.

This is why many of us installed the empty BV templates and generated locals with moar appropriate clothing. Fur coat in tropics is just too facepalmish for words.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 June 25, 09:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have empty templates for every EP but recently I had to reinstall the game because one of the computer poofed and had to be replaced. Even when I replace all the templates by empty ones BEFORE the game is even launched for the first time, go to the installed hoods and make a complete clean up on all fields, there's somewhere a darned thing that reconstruct the original characters at the minimun slide. So, I got PleasantView with all the flatted noses in spite of all my measures.
I just used SimPe and simsurgeried everybody with the very same model. So, everybody got exactly the same look.
I have a prepared hood I downloaded that was exactly what I wanted, but I'm stubborn and like to lose my time. Sad
I'm going to delete it anyway. So, I use it for tests meanwhile.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 June 26, 15:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edalbformat, to keep the Pleasantview townies from spawning in your custom/empty hoods, you need to rename the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods\N001 folder to something else, like N001-bak. This step is included in Jordi's custom hood tutorial instructions.

It can be named N001 at all other times. I prefer to keep it that way so that I can generate a clean Pleasantview for testing purposes. I just rename it right before I generate a new neighborhood, and then change the name back after the hood has been created.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: