More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Blank Inventory Slot & Gem Stacking
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blank Inventory Slot & Gem Stacking  (Read 12773 times)
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Blank Inventory Slot & Gem Stacking
« on: 2009 June 17, 08:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies if this problem has been discussed before, but I used the search function and found nothing.

Recently, my Sim has been searching a lot for bugs and rocks/gems. I had a lot of them in my inventory, and after donating all the bugs to the Science Lab, I started selling the rocks/gems manually. That's when I noticed this:

I have a blank box in my inventory. It has no name when I hover over it, and it cannot be dragged or interacted with in any way.

This morning I started up the game again, and noticed it was still there, but ignored it for the moment. I went out collecting rocks and gems again, and that was when I noticed that all the gems were stacking together, behind this blank icon:

I cannot move the stack at all, I can only sell the gems individually.

I am running the latest version of Awesomemod, I don't know if that could be anything to do with it.

Has anyone encountered this before?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Blank Inventory Slot & Gem Stacking
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 17, 08:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an EAxian problem. To get rid of it, remove everything you want to keep from your inventory and store it elsewhere, then type "purgeinventory" into the console. Requires AwesomeMod. The sim's inventory will be wiped out, including the corrupt blank boxes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 08:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I just finished doing this, I can confirm it works.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 17, 09:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, thanks for the info.

Edit: Yaaay, it worked. I thought it hadn't at first, because the blank box was still there. But when I put something into my inventory, it took the place of the blank box Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 June 17, 09:33:18 by Bio Hazard » Logged
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 19:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that if you have unmovable inventory items, like deeds / partnership papers, you'll have to transfer ownership to a family member Sim before purging. Items like work-related beepers pose a different problem, but, honestly, I'm not sure what purpose they serve, as the Sim who has a cop beeper has yet to have it DO anything. I also don't know if they would regenerate the next time you go to work.

Anyone who has done the purge with non-deed unmovables want to comment on what happens to stuff like work beepers?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 17, 20:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beepers are lost, and they do not regen either when you go back to work or next get promoted.  At least that's what happened with the cop beeper.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 18, 01:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who the hell uses a beeper now, anyway?

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 18, 11:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beepers "seem" to allow the sim to go to work for emergencies. I just had a medical sim be called in. I don't know if this would work if she didn't have the beeper on her.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 18, 12:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beepers "seem" to allow the sim to go to work for emergencies. I just had a medical sim be called in. I don't know if this would work if she didn't have the beeper on her.

Well, if there's no particular penalty attached to not showing up, we have just discovered a new way of reducing the time spent by our sims in rabbitholes.

Tribulatio proxima est
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 18, 13:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning!! Using purgeinventory removes the ability to use their cell phone.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 18, 14:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beepers are lost, and they do not regen either when you go back to work or next get promoted.  At least that's what happened with the cop beeper.

I wonder if you could use a tsting cheat to get it back, namely, switch to any other career / quit current cop jerb, then quit other job / switch back to cop jerb.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 19, 03:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning!! Using purgeinventory removes the ability to use their cell phone.

No, it doesn't.  My Sim is perfectly able to use her cell phone after I used this.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 19, 06:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's strange.  I wonder what caused my Sim's cell phone to stop working right after I used the command.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 19, 06:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim, who's in the medical career and recently lost her beeper in an inventory purge, is still called to the hospital for emergencies. The beepers do nothing.
NoOrdinaryRabbit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 20, 02:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frak. I'm having the same problem -- blank boxes -- in my fambly inventory.  Purgeinventory doesn't seem to work in this case. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of them?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 20, 06:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait for the next AwesomeMod to add a command for that. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 03, 22:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to purge the refrigerator inventory? I made the mistake of removing the More Ingredients mod when I patched - D'OH! I should have known better, but now I have those blank spots in the fridge again. I looked at them in Neighborhood Workshop, but couldn't delete them from there.

Edit: I think I may have found a solution that doesn't involve moving the family out and back: clear out all the visible items, and make Stu Surprise until the blank ones are gone. I need to do further testing on this to see if they really disappear, or if the Stu Surprise ingredients appear out of thin air. With the empty fridge, it was the only recipe that didn't cost anything.

(posted this before I saw Pescado's answer!)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 16:10:33 by Silverdrake » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 04, 02:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I think I may have found a solution that doesn't involve moving the family out and back: clear out all the visible items, and make Stu Surprise until the blank ones are gone. I need to do further testing on this to see if they really disappear, or if the Stu Surprise ingredients appear out of thin air. With the empty fridge, it was the only recipe that didn't cost anything.
lol  Stu Surprise actually is useful for using up old ingredients.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 05, 15:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weeks of Stu Surprise would make anyone depressed.

Don't do this: I tried to get rid of the fridge inventory objects in Neighborhood Workshop, and got the dreaded TS2 screen. Luckily, it was just a test, so I just deleted that save.

lolz, I missed Pescado's answer about the updated awesomemod!

Here's how to fix the sims with blank spots in their personal inventories: clear out everything but the blanks. Do a PurgeReactions and a RefreshMotives. My sim could then tend the garden, and the blanks disappeared. The cell phone worked, too.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 16:13:29 by Silverdrake » Logged
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 31, 00:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have something similar to this happening in my game, but mine is in the fridge like Silverdrake. I didn't have that mod that it accidentally removed, but I have blank refridgerator slots as well. However, for some reason my sims can't get leftovers out of the fridge. I think it's a problem with a plate of grape pancakes, but they can't be taken out of the fridge. There are other fishes that have blanks slots as well. Is there a way to purge the fridge or something?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 31, 07:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have more blank slots, send me a save and I will examine this. I have a wild theory of what it may be.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 31, 19:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, pardon my stupid, but how exactly do I do that?
Tynk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 September 06, 18:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if there has already been an option added to Awesomemod for this, I must have missed it.  I am also having an issue with blank squares in my fridge inventory that just has a number. I have about 15 slots like this in there. This only happened after I deleted the entire old house to rebuild a new one in its place. And in the process of deleting the old house, I deleted the special fridge you get from the culinary career. That is about the only thing I can think of that relates to it. How, though, I have no idea.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: