More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:29:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Killing off a sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Killing off a sim  (Read 4848 times)
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Killing off a sim
« on: 2008 December 02, 21:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I discovered MATY, I moved a sim into one of the pre-made pre-owned houses that came with Pets. However, from what I've read, using pre-owned houses will bork my game. Now normally, I'd just delete the sim using the batbox, but I'd really prefer not to, because she's my Legacy heir's aunt, and I'd rather everyone keep their memories of her if possible. Is it alright if I play the house and kill her off, or am I forced to delete her entirely?

Tl;dr: How badly will playing a pre-occupied lot bork my game?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Killing off a sim
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 02, 21:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it depends on what you did with the original occupant of the house.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 02, 22:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original occupant is still there, I just had my sim move in with her.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 02, 22:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting a sim is far more likely to brok your game as far as I know.  Since when is it dangerious to play a pre-occupied lot?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 02, 22:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what I heard was that the Kat and Kim families from Pets are safe to play. It's moving an occupied lot in from another neighborhood that causes problems.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 02, 22:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The danger is not with the lot; rather, it's the "code baggage" the occupying sim brings with her. Some of these EA pre-loaded families/sims/lots are just fine, but others have errors in their family ties and so forth that will start to cause problems in your 'hood.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 03, 01:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The danger is not with the lot; rather, it's the "code baggage" the occupying sim brings with her. Some of these EA pre-loaded families/sims/lots are just fine, but others have errors in their family ties and so forth that will start to cause problems in your 'hood.

Oh, okay. So which ones aren't good to play?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 03, 03:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Ottomas family was borked originally -- she's pregnant with twins, but the pointer to the father points to some random sim in the hood rather than Peter. The first patch fixed them, but only if they're added to a hood after the game is patched.  Otherwise, you've got to either terminate the pregnancy, or fix the kids' parents with SimPe after they're born.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 13, 21:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Ottomas family was borked originally -- she's pregnant with twins, but the pointer to the father points to some random sim in the hood rather than Peter. The first patch fixed them, but only if they're added to a hood after the game is patched.  Otherwise, you've got to either terminate the pregnancy, or fix the kids' parents with SimPe after they're born.

I was incredibly amused to find that the random person in one hood, to whom said pregnancy pointed, was a toddler named Callista.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 13, 22:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just the Ottomas family, as far as I know.  The issue was fixed with the Seasons patch (supposedly) but I played it safe and terminated her pregnancy, just in case.  I don't play them, anyway--they are only placeholders.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: