More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:03:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Invisible Garbage Cans?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible Garbage Cans?  (Read 4024 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Invisible Garbage Cans?
« on: 2008 October 15, 00:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that recently some of the garbage cans on residential lots have become invisible.  This doesn't really bother me much; it looks kind of funny when they take out the trash, but that's it.  Is this just a graphical glitch?  Or a side-effect of some hack?  Or a sign of impending doom for the neighborhood?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Invisible Garbage Cans?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 15, 08:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this in my game.
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 15, 09:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might have accidentally downloaded a lot or something that came with a hack. The same thing happened to me about a month back, and it turned out to be a hack. I don't know how it got in my downloads folder, but it was there.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 15, 12:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just a recolor of the trashcan. Did you download one of my tiny apartments? The first two came with the invisible trashcan recolor by Targa: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92088

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 15, 17:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the invisible trashcan on my other lots, as soon as I had placed one of Jessla's lots. Mean sims would knock the blasted thing over and then I couldn't direct my playables to pick it up. I deleted all the hacks that had crept in, for sanity's sake.

More F than you
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 15, 17:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that recently some of the garbage cans on residential lots have become invisible.  This doesn't really bother me much; it looks kind of funny when they take out the trash, but that's it. 

Pictures?

Tribulatio proxima est
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 16, 21:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just a recolor of the trashcan. Did you download one of my tiny apartments? The first two came with the invisible trashcan recolor by Targa: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92088

Yeah, that must have been it.  I thought I clean installered it, but I guess I must have missed something.

Quote from: tngrspacecadet
I got the invisible trashcan on my other lots, as soon as I had placed one of Jessla's lots. Mean sims would knock the blasted thing over and then I couldn't direct my playables to pick it up. I deleted all the hacks that had crept in, for sanity's sake.

I haven't had problems picking up the garbage can - it's just a matter of knowing where to click and realizing that it's been kicked over.  Undecided

Quote from: jolrei
Pictures?

They lower the bag into the invisible can, and then the bag sort of dissipates into thin air.  Maybe I'm just easily amused.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 16, 22:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: tngrspacecadet

I haven't had problems picking up the garbage can - it's just a matter of knowing where to click and realizing that it's been kicked over.  Undecided

If you click on the spilled trash and tell them to clean it up, they'll automatically pick up the invisible can and put the trash in it.

There's a hack on MTS2 (IIRC) that makes it so that the trashcans can't be kicked over. I'm thinking of installing it (if I can find it again) because I never notice the trash pile until it's attracted roaches!

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 17, 03:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/35/O_U.jpg

I was wondering about that, myself, today. Lovely apartments <3 And it really is a lot nicer looking without that ugly aluminum racket about.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: