More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:23:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's causing this corrupted memory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's causing this corrupted memory?  (Read 5050 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
What's causing this corrupted memory?
« on: 2006 February 09, 18:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me get this out of the tail end of an oldish thread, so someone might actually see it.

I had Loki Beaker cheat on Circe (with the maid, how cliche) and get caught. She ran up to the bedroom where they'd been woohooing and slapped Loki silly as usual; after I made her smack the maid around too, she beat the stuffing out of Loki and threw him out of the house (Break Up interaction). She was in a Furious state starting with the actual discovery of the cheating, of course; I'm not sure if anything else that happened afterward also contributed (which could be relevant).

A little bit later the same day, I let her indulge her fury by Bad Mouthing Loki to Nervous, and the infamous squiggly lines turned up in one of her speech bubbles during this interaction. I have not been playing with this iteration of Strangetown for very long (Vidcund just gave birth to his green sprog), I'm pretty careful with my neighborhoods (no transplanted Sims, no occupied house downloads, Clean Installer for everything, don't use debug mode if there's a stable, usually MATY mod, to do the same thing, etc.), I believe I have all the relevant Pescado and other bugfixes installed (and, other than the brand new patch, which I'm still waiting to hear more about here, I have patched my game). I have University and Nightlife and a few Maxis downloads, but not the Holiday Pack. Almost all of the hacks and mods in my game come from MATY or Simlogical, and I don't use kitchen sink hacks like inSim. I'm not terribly comfortable with SimPe yet, so the most I've done with it is make hair/skin/eyes genetic. Haven't gotten around to fixing the DNA yet. Nobody has died yet (not even Olive Specter), and there definitely weren't any deaths connected with Loki's philandering (although I may yet feed him to a cow plant when I get tired of him).

...I can't think of any other information to volunteer. Any ideas what might have caused the corrupted memory? Fixes I might have missed, or known issues that are being worked on? How serious is it to have /one/ bad memory, and/or when should I start worrying? (Also, if anyone has the link for the directions to root them out in SimPE on hand, that'd be kind of you to share it, otherwise I'll dig it up tonight at home.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: What's causing this corrupted memory?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 09, 19:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you check in simPE you may find a great deal of furious reverses.  That definitely happened in my game.  And the sim who got the corrupted memory wasn't furious, it was the darned welcoming committee!  However, orion is furious now, since he walked onto another sims lot and kicked the trashcan!  Isolde went straight out and attacked him (and even though he has body skill points and she doesn't, she won!)  He's since been back and caused the game to lag until I deleted him, but what gets me is he isn't really a bad-tempered sim, so why he kidked the trashcan in the first place is a mystery - except I have come to the conclusion that there is something hidden deep in Veronaville which causes sims to be aggressive!

Zephyr Zodiac
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 10, 22:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have got corrupted memory pictures everytime I use the bad mouth interaction. No idea why, so I just try and avoid it even though I think it's fun.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 10, 22:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question is, would it be possible for Bad Mouth itself to cause corrupted memories, or is it the I-thought-more-likely possibility that I have somehow missed hearing about a corrupted memory problem with Furious behavior?

And here I was thinking it'd be fun to have my Sims get mad at each other more often instead of always living sunny perfect lives. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 10, 23:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty certain it's when you get the large number of furious reverses I mentioned.  The sim it happened to in my game had only just moved in, there hadn't ben any bad-mouthing, maybe some gossip, but that's all - but the visiting sims were all falling out with each other, teasing, poking, throwing water balloons etc.  But their nastiness to each other was obviously infectious as my previously well-behaved sim started acting in the same way!

"Visiting someone else's house?  Passing by their front garden?  What can I do to annoy everyone there today?"  No wonder moving problem families into a nice estate doesn't improve the problem family behaviour and instead causes other residents to start behaving out of character - nastiness is downright contagious!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 11, 00:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furious reverse = what? (I am inclined to interpret it as what happens when a furious state starts to decline, but Circe had only become furious with Loki a couple of Sims hours earlier, so it's unlikely to have been involved in my case.)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 11, 00:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I found these, I don't think any furious state had started to decline as the furious sims were not living on that lot, and I didn't play their lots after the "welcome Wagon".  I haven't a clue what Maxis means by furious reverse, all I know is my sim had all these invisible, unowned memories in his Neighbourhood Memory, and he got the jagged lines soon after they'd all gone home!  And furiosity only declines while a sim is controllable, which is why when Kaylynn gets mad at Daniel, she stays mad!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 11, 00:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where has Maxis been talking about this 'furious reverse' thing, then?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 11, 01:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't a clue.  I just checked memories in SimPE.  I don't visit the BBS to find out stuff about the game, it's a waste of time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: